2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
We only won ours because of bullshit calls in the NFC Championship game. Don't now if we should really be that proud.

We lost ours the year before Belletricks got busted for Spygate in New England.. who knows if it had anything to do with how ours came out but whatever we still lost on paper.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You guys both have no idea.. my team has no NFL championships other than before the Super Bowl was invented lolol.
Who cares? My team has been to the playoffs like 5 times in my lifetime. The Eagles have been 1,000 X better to watch in your lifetime than the Raiders in my lifetime.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The lions can have TO Randy Moss and Michael Irvin and still miss the playoffs

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Who cares? My team has been to the playoffs like 5 times in my lifetime. The Eagles have been 1,000 X better to watch in your lifetime than the Raiders in my lifetime.
Yeah in our lifetime that is true I suppose.. I just want a Super Bowl win for our franchise before I die..

The lions can have TO Randy Moss and Michael Irvin and still miss the playoffs

Speaking of TO, I still think he could've played WR for a few more years if he would've nutted up and just took less money for his age.. I mean the guy was absolutely shredded and had some of the best hands I've seen in my lifetime.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
A very possible scenario.. the NFC South being arguably the worst division this year (especially regarding records) could mathematically make it to the playoffs with a record of 5-11.. The Buccaneers are technically still alive to win the division.

Cardinals with the best record in the NFC are looking to boost their ground game a little bit, a move made by them today in the signing of RB Michael Bush very well could help out in that area.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
A lot of people have a lot to say about this.. good and bad.. personally I think it's brilliant...

Why does the NFL force it's players to speak to the media? What's the purpose of speaking to the players if they don't want to speak?

I never really liked locker room interviews either and think the media has no place at all in the locker room.. at any time..

It's all getting ridiculous and all thanks to Goodell and some of the over the top policies he is enforcing.

Well.. that's my opinion.. what's yours?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Denver Broncos have signed kicker Connor Barth to replace Brandon McManus after his recent struggles.

Redskins are prepping to start QB Colt McCoy over QB Robert Griffin III this weekend for the game.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Denver Broncos have signed kicker Connor Barth to replace Brandon McManus after his recent struggles.

Redskins are prepping to start QB Colt McCoy over QB Robert Griffin III this weekend for the game.

Also, Shaun Phillips was cut by the Titans and RB Michael Bush has signed with the Arizona Cardinals.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
A lot of people have a lot to say about this.. good and bad.. personally I think it's brilliant...

Why does the NFL force it's players to speak to the media? What's the purpose of speaking to the players if they don't want to speak?

I never really liked locker room interviews either and think the media has no place at all in the locker room.. at any time..

It's all getting ridiculous and all thanks to Goodell and some of the over the top policies he is enforcing.

Goodell didn't invent having players speak to the media lol

Reactions: TheTNHMaster

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Goodell didn't invent having players speak to the media lol

That's correct.. and I never said he did, but it's in his power to stop the necessity of the press in the NFL and to relegate authority to the teams on when and whether or not there will be after game press conferences or press allowed into the locker room and who speaks or doesn't speak.. instead he hands out a 100k fine because a guy doesn't feel like speaking to the press. Sherman simply backed up his teammate here and then aired his own complaints as well.. which were all valid.

Adidas is the "Official Shoe of the NBA" and I don't see players getting fined for stepping on the court in a different brand of shoe.. but an NFL player comes out with the wrong t-shirt on or the wrong headphones around their neck at a press conference and they get fined. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
A much shorter dude in Grimes doing the same exact thing as Beckham and Beckham's was better for what reason?
an4f3fe1rjmeqpdk2qeb.gif
Ill take Irvin, Rice, CC word for it. OBJ GOAT catch

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score

inb4 5000000000$ fine :pity:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Also, Shaun Phillips was cut by the Titans and RB Michael Bush has signed with the Arizona Cardinals.

Shaun Phillips will find a job I imagine, doubt he'll be relevant though most likely a depth move.. and Bush I brought up his signing yesterday haha.