2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Jameis Winston has maturity issues, yet going to the Raiders will actually turn that around. lol
Why not, it isn't like we didn't already have Terrelle Pryor, Aaron Brooks and JaMarcus Russell.
I mean he's done weird things,nothing major to make him bad in the NFL though lol

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
again, I'm not trashing him, but just because we have other issues doesn't mean he is a great QB and we shouldn't try to upgrade at QB when given an opportunity
Theres some good ass WR's hitting FA this year so hopefully you guys wont have to worry about that in the draft.With this draft class you might not have a choice but to get a QB anyways.Idk why but I really want to see the Raiders succeed lol

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I mean he's done weird things,nothing major to make him bad in the NFL though lol
I understand, but we are talking about a quarterback.
Playing poker during practice and World of Warcraft during Quarterback meetings isn't elite.
Peyton Manning and Tom Brady spend entire seasons watching film and preparing.
Raider QB's spend entire seasons eating rib tips and inviting strippers off for some 'drank'.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Again, it is a huge mistake IMO to say "well, we have bigger issues and Carr isn't terrible, let's just draft something else"

You don't get many shots at top QB prospects. Carr hasn't even done anything to instill confidence outside of minimize mistakes and sacks by being ultra conservative. Most of his TDs were pointless and in the 2nd half when we were down big going up against defenses that were playing conservative. Again, his yards per attempt is 5.5. Here is a list of QBs who have had seasons with a YPA that low:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=42bBE

yuck.

If Carr is as bad as you say, you'll be getting more chances at a top-flight QB.

Go offense either way. Can't know if Carr has any potential or not with this cast around him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Jameis Winston has maturity issues, yet going to the Raiders will actually turn that around. lol
Why not, it isn't like we didn't already have Terrelle Pryor, Aaron Brooks and JaMarcus Russell.
What do those 3 QBs have to do with.... anything? Oh wait, they're black, let's compare them to other black QBS!

get this trash outa here. And again. If I'm asking why NOT to draft a QB #1 overall and the best "reason" is maturity issues? He must be a damn good prospect. Send him my way.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If Carr is as bad as you say, you'll be getting more chances at a top-flight QB.

Go offense either way. Can't know if Carr has any potential or not with this cast around him.
I never said Carr was bad. I simply said I don't see these magical bright spots that most do. I see a young guy who could either be a career backup or a career middling starter. Either way give me a shot at a guy with real potential to stand out in this league.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I never said Carr was bad. I simply said I don't see these magical bright spots that most do. I see a young guy who could either be a career backup or a career middling starter. Either way give me a shot at a guy with real potential to stand out in this league.

Are you totally convinced that Mariota, Jameis, or Hundley (if he's even still grouped in that class) are that guy?

I don't know one way or the other, but I haven't been hearing Luck/Clowney hype around anyone in this class. Too early for draft talk anyway, there's football today. Hey @Bill Clinton have fun watching your oh-so-beloved Saints on Monday! :tough:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Are you totally convinced that Mariota, Jameis, or Hundley (if he's even still grouped in that class) are that guy?
Again, how could I be when I don't watch them play? I'm going off of what I read scouts are saying, and by that, yea, both are legit top 5 QB prospects. And again, if Winston's big drawback is being immature, sign me up. He is a 20 year old kid lol, they tend to be immature. How many late game wins/comebacks has he had this year? Dude is a gamer for sure. All of the Winston talk reminds me a LOT of the Cam hate the year he was at Auburn in concerns to his NFL stock.

Too early for draft talk lololololoolpooooooooololololololololololo. no. never. I started looking into mocks after week 1 vs the Jest

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
In approximately 10 hours I will have the power to change @Dolph'sZiggler avatar for the first time since he joined the site, just wanted to give you guys a heads up and let you know I will be making a thread soon after winning the bet that will give the power to the members of the forum.. first I will take suggestions and then choose the top 5 which will then be put up for a vote.

This is all contingent on me actually winning the bet... so cheer for the Dolphins today!

• Haha
Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'll probably keep it simple and give you a sexy Tom Brady pic for your avatar. Such a win + win, I get to google Tom Brady all day and then the board gets to see his beautiful mug until after the SB.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Theres some good ass WR's hitting FA this year so hopefully you guys wont have to worry about that in the draft.With this draft class you might not have a choice but to get a QB anyways.Idk why but I really want to see the Raiders succeed lol
I missed this post before... what WRs are going to be FA (he asked even though he was about to google it)

Let's see....

Maclin, likely to stay in Philly
Crabtree, meh
Mary Thomas, doubt he leaves Denver
Dez ain't going nowhere
Hakeem Nicks maybe, I still like his game
Torrey Smith is a nice deep threat (SINCE WE DIDN'T SIGN DESEAN LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE)
Randy Cobb? hmmmmmmmm

Snowman1

Reaction score
NFLN's pregame show: "Ryan Tannehill will have more rushing yards than CJ Anderson today"

Pass the weed.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
NFLN's pregame show: "Ryan Tannehill will have more rushing yards than CJ Anderson today"

Pass the weed.

Someone also predicted Tanny would have more passing yards than Peyton lol.. now even as a Dolphin fan I don't think that will happen..

CJ Anderson will be held to 50 yards or less though.. and Demaryious Thomas will have less than 100 yds receiving just like Calvin Johnson and Sammy Watkins before him... the only receiver I'm worried about is Manny Sanders and he's playing injured so we shall see.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Lions have the shittiest offense ever