• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
c5214cb753f0db6eb364dcfbc7e36062.png

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Should be a pretty solid Sunday of football this week.. I'm predicting I go 4-1 in Fantasy this week clinching my playoff berth in two of five leagues.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Even in victory, the Raiders still lose. Congrats to the Jaguras for being in line for the #1 pick! :yay:
I'll gladly go 1-15 and take the #2 pick over 0-16 and the #1.

Plus the Jags aren't going to be looking for a QB, so we still get our choice between Winston and Mariota

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Plus the Jags aren't going to be looking for a QB, so \still get our choice between Winston and Mariota
Idk dude Carr seems pretty solid right now,plus Winston has been sloppy this year.

Snowman1

Reaction score

Plus the Jags aren't going to be looking for a QB, so we still get our choice between Winston and Mariota

I'm assuming atm that the #1 pick will be traded to the Lambs, Jets, or Nashville. So you can avoid those jackasses and take an elite pass rusher to pair with Mack.

Or Amari Cooper, he'd be nice

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Idk dude Carr seems pretty solid right now,plus Winston has been sloppy this year.
I'm no college football scout, I honestly don't watch it at all. I just know plenty of scouts are really high on both Winston and Mariota.

Carr is having a historically bad rookie season. He is averaging like 5.5 yards per attempt. It is hard to judge if he is a good QB or not at this point, but I'm willing to bet he never sniffs becoming a top 10 QB, something you obviously have at least the potential of landing with a top 2 QB prospect.

As I've said a few times, Carr may not be the main problem with our offense, but that doesn't make him the QB solution. I think it is a huge mistake to just see a terrible team with a decent rookie QB standing out as a minor bright spot on a talentless team and say "oh he must be the franchise qb!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm assuming atm that the #1 pick will be traded to the Lambs, Jets, or Nashville. So you can avoid those jackasses and take an elite pass rusher to pair with Mack.

Or Amari Cooper, he'd be nice
Teams aren't going to give up a bunch of picks to move up in this draft. If they weren't going to do it last year for Clowney, they damn sure aren't for this year's draft. Remember the Texans were trying to move the pick all along? I don't see the pick being dealt no matter who has it

btw what "elite pass rusher" do you see in this draft? I do little more than read mocks but I don't see anyone hyping up this year's pass rushers like last.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
People can say what they want about Jameis, but I keep hearing/seeing things like "If it weren't for the off the field issues Winston is the surefire #1 pick"

So he stole some crab legs in what looked to me like a hookup gone wrong and screamed fuck her right in the pussy? Am I missing anything? I'll leave the sexual assault allegations alone since nothing came of it and I'm ignorant to the case.

If those are the drawbacks, a dumb college kid being a dumb college kid, give him to me if based on talent he is #1. And again, I only know what I read and hear about, I don't watch ncaaf.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm no college football scout, I honestly don't watch it at all. I just know plenty of scouts are really high on both Winston and Mariota.

Carr is having a historically bad rookie season. He is averaging like 5.5 yards per attempt. It is hard to judge if he is a good QB or not at this point, but I'm willing to bet he never sniffs becoming a top 10 QB, something you obviously have at least the potential of landing with a top 2 QB prospect.

As I've said a few times, Carr may not be the main problem with our offense, but that doesn't make him the QB solution. I think it is a huge mistake to just see a terrible team with a decent rookie QB standing out as a minor bright spot on a talentless team and say "oh he must be the franchise qb!!!!!!!!"

I know nothing about Carr as I haven't watched the Raiders, but from what I've heard he's not bad enough to say "we've gotta get away from him like now" for a team like Oakland who could take BPA

The top guys right now are USC's Leonard Williams, Nebraska's Randy Gregory, and Missouri's Shane Ray. Ofc I'm just looking at mocks at this point, too.

I'll let you know how good Ray does going up against UT's RT who's a walkon that's been playing all year with a torn ACL

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I know nothing about Carr as I haven't watched the Raiders, but from what I've heard he's not bad enough to say "we've gotta get away from him like now" for a team like Oakland who could take BPA
Again, it is a huge mistake IMO to say "well, we have bigger issues and Carr isn't terrible, let's just draft something else"

You don't get many shots at top QB prospects. Carr hasn't even done anything to instill confidence outside of minimize mistakes and sacks by being ultra conservative. Most of his TDs were pointless and in the 2nd half when we were down big going up against defenses that were playing conservative. Again, his yards per attempt is 5.5. Here is a list of QBs who have had seasons with a YPA that low:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=42bBE

yuck.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

I wouldnt trash him just yet, he has no run game to back him up, no play making WR's besides James Jones who was never meant to be a number 1 WR. No name TE's either. And a defense that cant stop shit. You can throw any QB on the raiders right now and they wont do any better than what Carr's doing.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I wouldnt trash him just yet, he has no run game to back him up, no play making WR's besides James Jones who was never meant to be a number 1 WR. No name TE's either. And a defense that cant stop shit. You can throw any QB on the raiders right now and they wont do any better than what Carr's doing.
again, I'm not trashing him, but just because we have other issues doesn't mean he is a great QB and we shouldn't try to upgrade at QB when given an opportunity

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Jameis Winston has maturity issues, yet going to the Raiders will actually turn that around. lol
Why not, it isn't like we didn't already have Terrelle Pryor, Aaron Brooks and JaMarcus Russell.