2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the NE and DET game?

Let me become Rain again for a moment... :)

The best thing the Pats have going for 'em may be their secondary. Darrelle Revis vs Megatron is going to be an epic battle with all the eyes on it. I can see him doing about as well as Brent Grimes did a few weeks ago. Revis will be able to almost lock him down but he may still get a few big plays in despite the coverage.

But the battle I see really deciding this one is Ndamukong Suh vs the scrub rookie interior lineman of the Patsies. He'll have a dominant performance and all but nullify Jonas Gray, leaving screen passes to Shane Vereen @GrammarNazi82 to make up for the lack of run game, which Detroit's smothering defense should be able to handle. The question is, a few downfield throws will be there for Tom Terrific. Can your secondary hold up against Gronk and (still can't believe I'm saying this) Brandon LaFell? Also, how will they make up for the loss of Nick Fairley?

But then again, it seems this more than any other year, the psychology of a team matters more than a matchup. To quote Bill Simmons, "Nobody believes in us!!!" Detroit, despite their sterling record, are getting virtually no recognition as a top-caliber franchise while the Patriots are destroying everyone and on the top of every list of power rankings out there. This is Detroit's time to shine and they know it. Lions are gonna get this.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Okay, I'm watching the game and realizing my fantasy team just got vultured like a bitch because they're FINALLY giving Latavius Murray a few carries in the Silver and Black... pout around a bit... check my lineup... and see that I finally benched McFadden. :yay:

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Let me become Rain again for a moment... :)

The best thing the Pats have going for 'em may be their secondary. Darrelle Revis vs Megatron is going to be an epic battle with all the eyes on it. I can see him doing about as well as Brent Grimes did a few weeks ago. Revis will be able to almost lock him down but he may still get a few big plays in despite the coverage.

But the battle I see really deciding this one is Ndamukong Suh vs the scrub rookie interior lineman of the Patsies. He'll have a dominant performance and all but nullify Jonas Gray, leaving screen passes to Shane Vereen @GrammarNazi82 to make up for the lack of run game, which Detroit's smothering defense should be able to handle. The question is, a few downfield throws will be there for Tom Terrific. Can your secondary hold up against Gronk and (still can't believe I'm saying this) Brandon LaFell? Also, how will they make up for the loss of Nick Fairley?

But then again, it seems this more than any other year, the psychology of a team matters more than a matchup. To quote Bill Simmons, "Nobody believes in us!!!" Detroit, despite their sterling record, are getting virtually no recognition as a top-caliber franchise while the Patriots are destroying everyone and on the top of every list of power rankings out there. This is Detroit's time to shine and they know it. Lions are gonna get this.
They are talking about putting Revis on Tate. I thought Brent Grimes did OK against megatron but in all seriousness Megatron won that battle. Our D line has a ridiculous amount of depth in it so Fairley being out doesnt hurt it that much at all.

and lol LaFell? He drops so many balls theres no doubt in my mind Mathis will shut his candy ass down. And our LB's have improved a lot in coverage so I'm hoping we at least contain Gronk.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Why tf was I rooting for the raiders, we need more teams in our 0-16 club!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
WHEW!! WON A DECENT BIT OF CASH OFF THAT SHIT!!! Toldjya I was putting faith in Oak city tonight, it paid off.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The Pats have a lot of RB depth useless signing

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What a great game i think we just needed Rain and mud to win this game i even started Chanting "stay in oakland" lol

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So Buffalo Bills vs NYJ has been moved to Monday night starting at 7:00 pm.. it's also moved locations over to Detroit.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Even in victory, the Raiders still lose. Congrats to the Jaguras for being in line for the #1 pick! :yay:

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think I brought it u here a few days ago when he got released that he would most likely end up with the Chiefs and sure enough he did.. Jason Avant signs with the KC Chiefs and will reunite with Andy Reid.