2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Jason Avant released by the Carolina Panthers after questioning playcalling.
I've been questioning the Panthers play calling since.... for as long as they've had Cam. I wish he would leave that terrible franchise.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
When Ben Tate got released yesterday my first two guesses were Minnesota and NYG, sure enough Minnesota claimed him off the waivers.

So now I'm thinking LeGarrette may find himself in New York here in coming weeks possibly.. or someone will.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
When Ben Tate got released yesterday my first two guesses were Minnesota and NYG, sure enough Minnesota claimed him off the waivers.

So now I'm thinking LeGarrette may find himself in New York here in coming weeks possibly.. or someone will.
Not sure why anyone would bother with Blount. He pouted his way out of Pitt due to playing time, and he isn't likely to get many reps no matter where he lands. Wouldn't shock me if his playing days are done thanks to his attitude. He went unclaimed on waivers, as expected.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would bother with Blount. He pouted his way out of Pitt due to playing time, and he isn't likely to get many reps no matter where he lands. Wouldn't shock me if his playing days are done thanks to his attitude. He went unclaimed on waivers, as expected.
.... not even as a workhorse for a playoff run?

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
You gotta be joking? why would a good team want this cancerous buffoon on their roster?
I honestly don't know. I imagine he's an extra body that can work between the tackles.
I'm looking at it from an X's and O's point of view. I know nor do I particularly care about his personality.
If a team is good enough to make the playoffs, couldn't they handle this a**hole long enough to feed to the wolves to wind down the clock?

It's not like he's T-Rich or anything and I wouldn't advocate signing him any earlier than the postseason if possible.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Steelers players all hated him and were basically forcing the front office's hand to cut him.

If guys like Moss or TO got blacklisted from the league for attitude issues, why would a guy with 1/10 the talent get more chances? I genuinely think he is done. RB is the most replaceable position there is, and it isn't like he's a world beater to begin with. He won't play STs, he can't help in the pass game, he is just a run of the mill back.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Vikings, what are you doing? Just roll with the dudes you have.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Steelers players all hated him and were basically forcing the front office's hand to cut him.

If guys like Moss or TO got blacklisted from the league for attitude issues, why would a guy with 1/10 the talent get more chances? I genuinely think he is done. RB is the most replaceable position there is, and it isn't like he's a world beater to begin with. He won't play STs, he can't help in the pass game, he is just a run of the mill back.
Great argument, though he's far younger than TO or Randy Moss and has only 644 carries in his career.
I wouldn't be shocked if he was picked up at the 11th hour just to use him for the playoffs.

(By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the Randy Moss 30 for 30. Thanks for posting.)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that the time slot for Sunday's Jets-Bills game in Buffalo could be moved due to snow.

Per PFT, the "potential window" for moving the game could span anywhere from Sunday night to Tuesday night. The Bills were unable to practice Wednesday, and it remains to be seen whether they'll be able to do so on Thursday or Friday.

Manny Sanders & Julius Thomas not practicing yet this week, both are questionable to play this weekend.

Josh Gordon is back this week and is ready to tear the league up, let's see if he makes good with his words.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Manny Sanders & Julius Thomas not practicing yet this week, both are questionable to play this weekend.

Josh Gordon is back this week and is ready to tear the league up, let's see if he makes good with his words.

Sucks because I wanted to see Miami play Denver at their best so when Miami beats them no excuses would be made.. just gonna be a bunch of Broncos fans crying about injuries after they lose to Miami now.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sucks because I wanted to see Miami play Denver at their best so when Miami beats them no excuses would be made.. just gonna be a bunch of Broncos fans crying about injuries after they lose to Miami now.
wanna bet? no way Denver is losing to Miami at home after the STL debacle