2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Barkley ain't no Sanchez, TP or Mariota.. He's a body to have on our team for cheap as fuck at the moment.
True, but he's not fucking horrendous. Feeling that TP could be a bit of a waste, but I trust in Sanchez for now.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
True, but he's not fucking horrendous. Feeling that TP could be a bit of a waste, but I trust in Sanchez for now.
Nah he's not horrendous but he'll never be a true NFL caliber QB.. I don't really even feel he fits our system at all. TP could be a waste but he's a bit more of a closer fit for our system, his problem is making terrible judgement calls when throwing 15+ yds; I feel like he watched too much Michael Vick film over the years.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I want the raiders to trade the pick for a shitload of more picks
To sidetrack more careers? I like it. There's nothing quite like being a promising NFL prospect only to be drafted by the Raiders.
We need more potential stars being taught how NOT to win and how NOT to be a professional.
There's nothing quite like playing poker, instead of running routes. There's nothing quite like "World of Warcraft" instead of going over the playbook.

The great part is, you can always leave Oakland and be better than ever. Randy Moss, Rolando McClain and Charles Woodson say hello.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
From what I heard from scouts, Chip Kelly's offense is a perfect fit for Sanchez. It requires little downfield throwing and even less defense reading.

Of course this really doesn't mean shit, but... hey, optimism and stuff!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I picked him up to start in one league for the fuck of it.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
So, Miami and Detroit on Sunday... #1 overall defense (Detroit) vs #3 overall defense (Miami)...

Do you guys think this will be a defensive battle or a shootout? Should be a great game no matter what!

@Varus you're a Lions fan, right? What are you thinking of this match-up?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Detroit off bye with a healthy Calvin at home? They paste Miami.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Detroit off bye with a healthy Calvin at home? They paste Miami.

With the way Tate has been playing I doubt Calvin gets a lot of looks his first game back from injury. I'm guessing maybe 5 targets all day for CJ.

Delmas will be glued to CJ anyway so it will be pretty hard to get the ball in there. Grimes will most likely cover Tate.

Wake and Vernon pass rushing/sacking Stafford... I believe there is zero possibility it will be an easy win for Detroit.

Perhaps I'm just biased lol

Snowman1

Reaction score
@Vice, Jimmy Smith is officially out for the season.

On a scale of Peyton Manning to Ray Rice, how much of a disaster is this? I'd put it around Justin Blackmon.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@Vice, Jimmy Smith is officially out for the season.

On a scale of Peyton Manning to Ray Rice, how much of a disaster is this? I'd put it around Justin Blackmon.
My stomach dropped when I read this.
Do you mind sending me a link? It hasn't been reported on the ravens site, and I can't find it on google

Snowman1

Reaction score
My stomach dropped when I read this.
Do you mind sending me a link? It hasn't been reported on the ravens site, and I can't find it on google

Check the Ravens' Twitter page. :downer:

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Check the Ravens' Twitter page. :downer:
No. NO. FUCK
What the hell is our pass D going to do now? Rivers and Brees are going to toast us if we don't figure something out.