2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
so in the great Sharpy vs Dolph's debate about whether or not Whisenhunt was a good hire by the Tits, it's safe to say Sharpy won that. Dude's gotta go.

in my other league, wondering whether it's worth dropping Ben Tate for TY Hilton (could use more WR depth) and if there's any TE's worth buying low on. Any advice from you all?
Hell yeah, I'm glad we took Caldwell.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Sankey should be 1,2 down back.. then Greene in short distances for 3rd down, TDs, 1 yd first down pick-ups.. If you're 3rd and somewhat long or 2nd and somewhat long than McClutchsir should be in.. Personally I would go with Mettenberger too, I just don't think Locker has what it takes to be a successful NFL QB without every position around him carrying him, he's just simply not a field general I would go with so might as well test some newer waters.

Oh I definitely agree, there's a place for Shonn Greene in the NFL as a dedicated part of a committee for the same reasons you stated, but when it's 2nd and 7, why not give a shot to someone who can at least give you a few yards? They drafted Sankey for his pass-protection so you can even try him out in that role too.

Can't blame them for wanting to give Locker every chance to succeed, he's shown some potential in the past and it's his contract year. *shrugs* But now that he's hurt and Locker is looking more and more like a sunk cost every week, why not gamble with the hotshot rookie that showed potential over this dude who's shown jack shit in the last who knows how many years?

lol have fun with Caldwell

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This Texas A&M game was moderately interesting until A&M threw a pick. turned my tv off

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Because it's essentially the same thread...

-Nero over Dictator Dolph's. Would be a fairly close matchup and while D'Z would get the edge usually with that incredible WR corps, he hasn't set his lineup and he's playing a man... err... defense down. Nero's solid squad should capitalize, especially after Cousins would treated D'Z like that. He would. Dick.

-Vice pulls the slight upset over DK after Vincent Jackson scores 4 weeks worth of fantasy points in one. He gets all happy for that before getting super happy that the Steelers' D got eviscerated.

-Pottsy has a pretty good chance against Danny in all honesty since so many of his players have amazing matchups (Eddie Lacy with the Vincent Jackson?) but the tiebreaker this week is "who has the most players going in the Green Bay vs Chicago" makes for a nice tiebreaker. Danny's squad of Marshall + Bennett + Rodgers is just too much to handle.

-Senhor slightly edges out Kevin as both teams are destroyed by byes, but predicting both teams put up a shocking amount of points (see Graham, Jimmy). Part of this is rooting for Kevin to be 1-3 despite being 2nd in scoring lol

-Bill Clinton's strong squad goes down to GN after Shane Vereen puts up 50 random ass fantasy points on Monday night. Seriously, it's because the bye weeks are ridiculous and you're deadlocked at RB. Yes, I need some cream to put on my ass. Come on, NFL, we've had 3 weeks! :why: It's to rough on the players! Can't all the byes be between Weeks 9-12? :kratos:

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
-Vice pulls the slight upset over DK after Vincent Jackson scores 4 weeks worth of fantasy points in one. He gets all happy for that before getting super happy that the Steelers' D got eviscerated.
I would be happy that the Steelers D gets bodyslammed....if I wasn't playing them this week. I'm banking on an INT or two by Glennon. Hopefully that doesn't stunt V-Jax's production too much

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score

-Nero over Dictator Dolph's. Would be a fairly close matchup and while D'Z would get the edge usually with that incredible WR corps, he hasn't set his lineup and he's playing a man... err... defense down. Nero's solid squad should capitalize, especially after Cousins would treated D'Z like that. He would. Dick.

-Pottsy has a pretty good chance against Danny in all honesty since so many of his players have amazing matchups (Eddie Lacy with the Vincent Jackson?) but the tiebreaker this week is "who has the most players going in the Green Bay vs Chicago" makes for a nice tiebreaker. Danny's squad of Marshall + Bennett + Rodgers is just too much to handle.

-Senhor slightly edges out Kevin as both teams are destroyed by byes, but predicting both teams put up a shocking amount of points (see Graham, Jimmy). Part of this is rooting for Kevin to be 1-3 despite being 2nd in scoring lol

-Bill Clinton's strong squad goes down to GN after Shane Vereen puts up 50 random ass fantasy points on Monday night. Seriously, it's because the bye weeks are ridiculous and you're deadlocked at RB. Yes, I need some cream to put on my ass. Come on, NFL, we've had 3 weeks! :why: It's to rough on the players! Can't all the byes be between Weeks 9-12? :kratos:
50 points? Damn

Reactions: Danielson

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

I don't see your analysis on our match.. or are you too humble to say you're going to CREAM me:cole: