2012 Oscars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
Descendants!

Rooney Mara!

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
rofl, Descendants

Moneyball and TGWTDT imo

It's hilarious how much Drive got shafted though.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Moneyball, ugh. Hokey storyline with children singing in it to make us warm and fozzy inside. The Artist is gonna sweep the Oscars.

Drive got ONE nomination and 50//50 got shafted too.

Rell

Reaction score
damn, ya'll didn't like Moneyball?

I thought it was pretty good. Philip Seymour Hoffman dominated with little screen time though, as always. His performance was much better than Brad Pitts. It's nothing new though, he had the best performance in Ides of March as well. Gosling pretty much played the same character he played in Fracture.

Gosling may have had a breakout 2011, but his performances weren't all that great. His work in Blue Valentine (2010) was more impressive than anything he did in 2011, although I did enjoy him in Crazy Stupid Love. Drive was a nice little artsy interpretation of Taxi Driver, but come on people. Stop overrating that movie.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Gosling is fucking awesome. Quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. If you haven't seen Half Nelson, you need to go watch it right now.

As for Moneyball. Hokey storyline? It's a true fucking story, and a well acted one at that. So fantastic.

edit- [yt]Y8BsCzxMyaw[/yt]

Rell

Reaction score
already saw it. Gosling is dope, but he's not fucking with the king

tumblr_krompoM07e1qa96hvo1_400.jpg

he's cuter though. I'll give him that (no homo)

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Moneyball wasn't fantastic, it was a C+ if anything but there was alot of hokeyness in the story. The worse part is we'll forever know Jonah Hill as "Academy Award nominee JONAH HILL!"

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I have seen none of the movies nominated this year. Really need to get on that ish.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
What was wrong with Jonah Hill's performance? Tell me something specific you didn't like about the money. Don't just generalize.

Reaction score
It seemed really over sensationalized. And the fact that once Beane published his fucking system in a book, the A's never competed again, and are right where they started; a no budget, second thought Bay Area team in a decrepit stadium. I just think there isn't enough substance to make a full movie out of it and feel was more over sensationalized than any sports movie I ever saw and not as good as other sports movies nominated for or winning best picture (Jerry Maguire, Raging Bull, Million Dollar Baby, Rocky etc.) I'm not saying it's not a good movie or that the cast wasn't good, just saying it's not "Best Film of the Year" good. Different strokes for different folks.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Jonah Hill played almost the exact same character in Accepted minus the weiner costume. It wasn't "Best Film of the Year" good like Enzo said, it was meh. It felt like they sprinkled alot of Hollywood bullshit on top of it like made up stuff so the film would work (like they did with Blindside and The Social Network). Case in point, the coach and Beane never had an issue with each other but Hollywood had to make a riff between the two so we'd fell different when Scott started in his first game.

And that scene in the guitar shop, my god. I wanted to vomit. Kids singing in dramatic movies is equal to a kick to the balls in comedy movie trailers; terrible!

Rell

Reaction score
Well, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is the best film of the year, right? I mean, from a cinematography standpoint at least.

Also, Rooney Mara had the bet female performance, aide from Tilda Swinton in "We Need to Talk About Kevin" (which isn't even nominated for whatever reason) and before someone asks, the answer is yes. I saw the Swedish version about 2 years prior to seeing Fincher's version. I hate when people refuse to admit how great some American interpretations of films are because they want to cling on to its predecessor. You're not special, smurf.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
If anything, the scenes with Beane's daughter made the movie even great. That end scene is one of the best endings to a movie I've ever scene. So great and wrapped everything up.