2012: A Year in Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents,

I wanted to start up this thread as a 2012 reflection. I actually wanted to do this in an effort to see what all of your fav matches of 2012 were. Now, if anyone wants, we can set this up to be a list like Booty does, or we can just shoot the breeze and discuss some great matches, either way is fine with me. Also, this doesn't need to be company specific...any company can be involved as great wrestling matches take place anywhere. If there are any videos that can be shared or found of certain matches, feel free to throw them in here as well.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
When I went to the TNA show sometime in August, I really enjoyed a match between Angle and Styles in the BFG tournament. That was probably one of my favourite matches of the year, the crowd was brilliant.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I know it's becoming cliche for me recommending CHIKARA stuff, but honestly King of Trios Night 3 is probably the one show I've enjoyed the most this year. Great finale to the tournament itself, a tag gauntlet designed purely to make people mark out, the 8 man tag is one of the funniest matches ever seen, and the women's tag match is fantastic. It literally has everything you could want in a wrestling show.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
a tag gauntlet designed purely to make people mark out

HERE COMES THE AX...HERE COMES THE SMASHER!!!!

Also, pretty much every Evolve, DG USA and PWG show were good to great this year, so I'm content to stick with my indy wrestling for now.

Oh and as for WWE, I know I've mentioned it before, but this was the goddamn moment of the year for me...

[video=youtube;L3PZ1oozzFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3PZ1oozzFE[/video]

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Okay, watched PWG's Threemendous 3 last night and that ladder match certainly warrants mentioning as a 2012 highlight. I haven't had that feeling of pure chaos and carnage with this stipulation since the original TLC matches. You legitimately felt like the fans were in danger being in that environment and that careers were being shortened.

[video=youtube;B8IcMlK4Lig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8IcMlK4Lig[/video]

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
That ladder match looks like it was pretty badass.