2011 NFL Draft

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
The draft is about six weeks away for us Americans, and I have decided to open a new thread to talk a little about this. I will be giving my analysis, my own mock draft, and hope to give LIVE updates as the draft goes down. For now here is my mock draft by position as well as who the current draft order.

1. Carolina (2-14)
2. Denver (4-12)
3. Buffalo (4-12)
4. Cincinnati (4-12)
5. Arizona (5-11)
6. Cleveland (5-11)
7. San Francisco (6-10)
8. Tennessee (6-10)
9. Dallas (6-10)
10. Washington (6-10)
11. Houston (6-10)
12. Minnesota (6-10)
13. Detroit (6-10)
14. St. Louis (7-9)
15. Miami (7-9)
16. Jacksonville (8-8)
17. New England (14-2) -- from Oakland
18. San Diego (9-7)
19. New York Giants (10-6)
20. Tampa Bay (10-6)
21. Kansas City (10-6)
22. Indianapolis (10-6)
23. Philadelphia (10-6)
24. New Orleans (11-5)
25. Seattle (7-9)
26. Baltimore (12-4)
27. Atlanta (13-3)
28. New England (14-2)
29. Chicago (11-5)
30. New York Jets (11-5)
31. Pittsburgh (12-4)
32. Green Bay (10-6)

For those of you that do not know. New England is once again a beast in this year's draft. If I recall correctly they have SEVEN draft picks in the first three rounds. Is that even legal?

1. Carolina - OL

For one reason or another Carolina faltered big time. I have to admit I do not know much about Carolina (we do not get their games a lot in Cali). A lot of people are saying QB, but they have a big stable of young QBs. What they need is a better offensive line.

2. Denver - DB

John Fox is now with the Denver Broncos. The Broncos have A LOT of rebuilding to do after McDaniels left them in shambles. I believe they start this on the defensive side. Safety in particular.

3. Buffalo - QB

Buffalo needs a lot, a lot, A LOT of work. They are worse off than Denver. I think they start this with a new QB. I say Andy Dalton from TCU, but I would not be surprised if they took the risk on Cam Newton who is showing himself to have a big arm. His legs are going to help with that sift of an offensive line.

4. Cincinnati - QB or OL

That kid they drafted a few years ago who has been riding IR is useless. They need to beef up their offensive line, but this decision depends on how the free agency plays out. If Palmer does end up leaving I would expect them to get a QB. If he stays offensive lineman is the call.

5. Arizona - QB

Arizona needs a QB bad. Derek Anderson and the kids he has under him are bad. Maybe they can improve, but it is doubtful. I say get a QB especially since their defense has not been as bad as many people thought it was.

6. Cleveland - LB

Again I do not watch a lot of Cleveland games, so I am not sure what their needs are. They have a strong running game so I cannot say they need an offensive line, and they have a future with McCoy. I would say defense.

7. San Francisco - ??

This depends on what Cinci decides to do. If they cannot get Palmer in free agency I say draft a QB. They also have needs on defense and it would not hurt to get a better wideout. For now this is a question mark.

8. Tennessee - OL

Tennessee needs help on their offensive line. It was pretty bad this year. I would say a more capable center. I would not be surprised if they pick up Mike Pouncey.

9. Dallas - RB

As much as I hate to say it Marion Barber should probably be cut. Especially since they have so much in stock with Felix Jones. At the end of the day they need help at RB.

10. Washington - QB

So many needs... You could get a QB, a RB, or help with the offensive line. Their defense is pretty good and could be improved, but considering Mike Shannahan I would say they go with QB.

11. Houston - DB

Houston needs help with their defense. I think a defensive back, namely corner back, will help them out.

12. Minnesota - QB

With Favre gone who is going to make the plays? They have some decent young talent but they need someone who can come in bright eyed and bushy tailed. I say QB and expect help on defense in the second round.

13. Detroit - LB

Detroit is improving leaps and bounds every year. They need help on defense still... I say get a linebacker.

14. St. Louis - OL

St. Louis was so-so this year. They need help in a lot of spots, but I say help Sam Bradford with an offensive line. You can get a solid wideout in the second round.

15. Miami - QB

A lot of QBs I am listing to go int he first round. Miami needs one though.

16. Jacksonville - DB

Jacksonville has a lot and needs a lot. Hard to say where they can improve, but I am going to say they need help in the secondary. Preferably a safety but they can make do with a cornerback.

HALF WAY POINT! To recap what I got going on we have five QBs, three DBs, three offensive lineman, two linebackers and a running back going in the first round.

17. New England (from Oakland) - DL

A lot of people are saying New England wants a new RB. I do not agree with this. They have a solid depth at RB with Green-Ellis, Woodhead and the other guy who I cannot remember. I say they beef up their front line with a defensive end.

18. San Diego - WO

San Diego was all over the place last season, but their defense and offense did well. I say that they help with their lack of all star talent and get a new wide receiver.

19. New York Giants - DL

New York Giants had a lot of injuries. I think they start where they left off last year, and add a new DT or DE.

20. Tampa Bay - DB

Tampa Bay needs to start adding some new blood. Last draft they did that on the offensive side of the ball. Now it is time to get Barber to mentor a new corner back.

And now for the playoff teams!!

21. Kansas City - OL

Kansas City did well. They were a dark horse really and explosive on the field. Time to balance out the flash with some impact. Offensive lineman here.

22. Indianapolis - WR

Add some depth get a wideout.

23. Philly - DB

Philly had a few key injuries throughout the season. I think they add in some fresh blood and add in a corner back.

24. New Orleans - DL

New Orleans did fairly well. I think they need to add some bulk though and get some more pressure on the opponent's QB. Defensive line here.

25. Seattle - LB

Seattle did well, but they did bad. I am not sure what is going to happen with them, and I do not like Pete Carroll so I really do not care either. Would say linebacker though.

26. Baltimore - DB

Baltimore did well, and their squad is aging. Their secondary was burnt quite the number of times though. Get yourself a corner back or a safety.

27. Atlanta - RB

Going to say Atlanta picks up a running back.

28. New England - Trade

New England tends to mess around with their picks. I say they trade this one out.

29. Chicago - OL

Chicago needs a new offensive lineman. I say they get a new tackle, and continue to beef up their offensive line throughout the early rounds.

30. New York JETS - DL

New York JETS lacked pressure throughout the season. They need a defensive end or a replacement for Jenkins with a defensive tackle.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - DB

A lot of people are suggesting that the Steelers should work on their offensive line. They do need depth, but our secondary needs some serious help. Draft a cornerback and work on the offensive in the later rounds.

32. Green Bay Packers - RB

Green Bay should pick up another running back. I could also see them picking up a wideout in the later rounds.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
When is Grant back for the Packers?

I know he got injured early season, not heard when he'll be ready to return.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
A running back really? It's actually not a bad guess though they would get a rb maybe in 4th round. D-End will go to the Falcons first round barring a free agent move.

Killz

Reaction score
Almost sure I read somewhere on nfl.com Grant would be back to compete for his place in plenty of time but I couldn't quote the source for the life of me...

I say CB or WR to cover the aging Woodson and Driver because we can fill in other areas of depth later, we NEED to bring in quality at WR/CB that'll be ready to go in 2/3 seasons.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
I actually like ATL's DE situation. They had some injuries to some key rookies, but we will see.
Killz I have been begging to no one but myself for the Packers to pick up a new wideout or a a DB for the last four years. If they did not do it than I do not expect them to do it now. Not much anyway. Although Jennings has been dropping off lately. Or was it Driver? I dunno. They are like one in the same to me.

As far as Woodson goes. yeah he is old... but the man can still play.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Here is Yahoo! Sports Draft Projections by Position. I am waiting for the NFL Columbine results before I arrange everything by position. If you want to look at Yahoo! Sports' entire draft (including names and schools) click the link below.

1 Carolina DE
2 Denver DT
3 Buffalo CB
4 Cincinnati WR
5 Arizona OLB
6 Cleveland DT
7 San Francisco DE
8 Tennessee QB
9 Dallas DE
10 Washington QB
11 Houston CB
12 Minnesota DE
13 Detroit OT
14 St. Louis WR
15 Miami QB
16 Jacksonville DE
17 New England RB
18 San Diego DE
19 NY Giants OG
20 Tampa Bay OT
21 Kansas City OT
22 Indianapolis OT
23 Philadelphia CB
24 New Orleans DE
25 Seattle QB
26 Baltimore CB
27 Atlanta OG
28 New England OG
29 Chicago DT
30 NY Jets OLB
31 Pittsburgh OT
32 Green Bay DE

There are not TOO many discrepancies, but it is interesting to look at. Some picks make me second guess my own mock draft, but for the most part I am happy with my own estimations.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft;_ylt=AkPIT9PgCrAJLH_KKax2qXVDubYF