2009 (What to be excited about)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

A Couple things popped into my head that could make 2009 a pretty interesting year.

TNA Contracts - TNA has a few big contracts that are set to expire early 2009. Which could mean big things for WWE/TNA. Roster movement is generally a good thing in my opinion.

A Healthy Smackdown - Smackdown has a great roster when healthy, and they likely won't be until 2009. With Wrestlemania right around the corner, i could see SD getting very Interesting in the first quarter of 09.

ROH Contracts - Most every ROH wrestler contract is up around the april/may timeframe. As far as who stays and who goes, no one is really sure, but it looks like Bryan Danielson and Nigel Mcguiness could explore their options. ROH is already looking to freshen up its roster to adjust.

Wrestlemania 25 - We all knew this was coming, and it should be a great show. But also think about the build up to this show. Generally Jan-Feb shows tend to get more exciting

Cena/Orton- should be back in shape, and fresh for some big matches.

Feel free to add more, comment, rant, whatever.

Evil Austin

Another thing I am excited about is when not only Christian and Rhino (I think) contracts end they may be coming back to the WWE. That is good but what I really want to see if Aweosome Kong go to the WWE (her contract is done around WM 25) and she smashes Beth and Santino.

Nation

^^ I highly doubt that they will sign Kong.

I hope RVD comes back and Christian goes back to the WWE. Also hopefully Nash goes back to the WWE for one last run.

Evil Austin

I actually see Nash happening they wanted nash in the first place to help put the new guys in their places and be like a road agent teach them some stuff and now they have foley who is just as good as a vet as Nash is they don't need him anymore and plus Nash wanted to go to wwe a while ago in the first place he talked to vince and vince said only if you change your hair color we might be able to do something.

seX-Power

Christian Cage in the WWE would be awesome and I hope it happens again. Rob Van Dam must return or I will go to his mansion with a chainsaw and a hockey mask and then cry like a little baby pleaqding for him to return. I also hope 2009 will be the year for the newer and younger talent to make a breakthrough title reign, such as Jeff Hardy, MVP or even Shelton. Tis should be a good year.

Airfixx

New talent bringing fresh match-up's to the ME-scene... Lets's at least see the likes MVP(*), Hardy, Koslov getting a shot or two even if they don't win the strap. We've only really seen Punk step up this year... Jeff's push started at the tail end of last year and as we know he'd blown that by Mania.

(*Re: MVP - No Mercy 08 concerns me though as it seems they're quite happy to put him over as an 'object' of ridicule atm and I'm kinda shocked that he hasn't received ANY kind of push all year... His excellent showing in the EChamber in Feb convinced me that he'd at least be being pushed by the end of this year.)

The return of Cena & Orton... So we can finally reap the benefits of this draft (and see what all this Pricelss/2nd & 3rd gen business builds to.)

WM25... Surely they're gonna pull out the stops on this one and attempt to make it the BEST ever. If so, I think they have a fair bit of work to do and best get building some nice deep storylines in place so that they're hot as hell when the PPV finally drops. (I hope they didn't shoot themselves in the foot by blowing their Cena/Batista 'load' too early.)

An end to SD's injury woes.... The mid card will be heavily stacked and the US division if booked right will be hot, hot hot shit!

A few hopes....

Less injuries, no deaths, 2 hours for ECW, make the midcard & tag titles more active on weekly TV, the return of RVD, Adamle to turn heel and make Mr McMahon look pale in comparrison, TNA to finally get their shit together and whilst posing a plausible threat to WWE, actually making me want to to watch their product regularly.... And Savage to get some form of legends/HOF treatment (Savage @ WM25 would be THE sickness!).