• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
She is waaaay better that just a valet.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Alexa and was incredibly pleased when
the SmackDown creative team pushed her and gave her
a run with the SmackDown women's title.

She has great mic skills, wonderful facial expressions and
lets be honest...she has a great body and look.

Her in-ring skills seem limited...but at only 25 years old...
she is bound to improve.

But...then she was moved to RAW, interrupted what was
now doubt a Sasha Banks heel turn and then won the
RAW women's title within 3 weeks. Her matches haven't
improved and frankly I think she has reached the point of
being "over pushed"

She was also involved with the worst promo segment of
the year and basically was written to make Bayley look
like moron.

I'm over Alexa and hopefully she will be dropping the title
at SummerSlam (Not to Nia Jax!) seeing as she has basically
been chasing or had a title during her entire main roster career.

Of course now she's on Total Divas...who knows what will
happen...may-be she'll be RAW women's champion for
300+ days.

Alexa is great...and will only improve the longer she is around...
but I think her initial push has gone on long enough.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Alexa move into acting
sometime during her career.

I mean...if Eva Marie can do it...Alexa no doubt has the charisma
and looks to be a TV or Movie star.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Alexa Bliss is a entertaining character and great promo which makes her a stand out within the division. She also has a unique look...well not that unique, her height is both a blessing and curse because on one hand it makes her more...marketable I guess? On the other hand Standing in the ring with most other Women she's not really believable as champion but hey! I'm saying this in a time where a long time professional jobber is now WWE champion possibly co-main eventing SummerSlam with a Japanese icon so anything is possible I guess. Not to mention you know...she's a cute blond with a great body which still matters in WWE so it's safe to say she's not going anywhere based off that. However with all that said she still needs some serious improvement in-ring if WWE insist on keeping her champion in a division where Asuka, Sasha, Charlotte and Becky dwell.

I think her ceiling in WWE is waaaay higher than a Valet. I think she'll be a pretty important part of the Division down the line and might get super over if she turns babyface.

Reactions: Death Walker

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I love her. Classic heel character. Nothing too low for her. Of course she cheats. She is much better at the heel than her cutesy cheerleader character.

She is an athlete. No questioning that. I think she puts on a great show in the ring. She is no Charlotte, but she doesn't try to be. She plays it well IMO.

Her facial expressions alone are entertaining.

She has gotten the push she has because of her ability on the mic. Few of the girls can be turned loose live with a mic and be trusted to spit out gold for five solid minutes. My beloved Charlotte is great for some quick insults and picking a fight, but not even she can cut a promo like Alexa. She is very talented in that regard.

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
The plan on Smackdown, had they kept her, was to turn her face and have her feud with Carmella. Obviously that didn't happen but it does seem likely to be her future.

I would say that yes, at this point she may be overpushed. Unfortunately there aren't many credible heels on the Raw brand, especially not with her charisma. Emma needed to come back on a more part time schedule to ensure no future injuries and she simply doesn't have the momentum. Meanwhile Banks is in an incredibly difficult situation. Everyone is so desperate for a heel turn that, when she alluded to it after Wrestlemania the fans cheered it.

It wouldn't be a heel turn if the fans were solidly behind her, it would simply turn any face she was feuding with heel, I.E. Bayley. We'd essentially have Dolph Ziggler "we cheer his heel turn because WWE knew we were right all along and they were wrong" syndrome.

Alexa vs Paige has been in the pipeline for a while now but Paige has simply been continually unavailable. After Bliss loses the belt she'll be out of the title picture for a little while putting over other faces (Mickie, Brooke et cetera) because she's a character that can lose without losing momentum. She's on Total Divas now so her push will continue but as a top drawer star rather than as a wrestler.

By the end of this year I expect her to be bigger than the horsewomen.