10 vs 55

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better US Champ

• Matt Hardy

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Rick Rude

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Matt Hardy
uschmp.jpg

Hardy won the US title from MVP on April 27th 2008 at Backlash. He lost the title to Shelton Benjamin on July 20th 2008 at The Great American Bash.

Rick Rude
rickrude_display_image.jpg

Rude won the US title from Sting on November 19th 1991 at Clash of the Champions XVII. He vacated the title due to injury on December 1992.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Both were good title reigns but I went with Rick Rude.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I was going to say who ever voted for Hardy deserves a Rude Awakering LOL!

Anyway the push Rude got as Champion was amazing and it made the title just as impotant if not more so than the WCW Title for that period. As leader of the Dangerous Alliance he had some many great feuds and matches. Rude all the way.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'm the one that Voted for Hardy. He feud with MVP was amazing over that title. And another thing is that title was the highlight on his career. It was his world title win, the ECW wasn't. After years of chasing the title, he finally got it. I loved his feud over the belt. And honestly, I don't think Rick Rudes title reign was needed. Hardy's was.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. Explain why you don't think Rude's title reign was needed. He had just come into WCW and it would have been a bit of rush to put the world title on him at that stage, the US Title at that stage was WCW's version of the IC Title, and was the perfect title for a killer heel like Rude to hold epscially as part of a Horseman style faction.

2. Also wouldn't you say Hardy's highlights came in the team with his brother Jeff, there was once a time when I could see him having a very good singles career, but for a number of reasons that didn't happen.