10 steps to make a better 205 live.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Now its no secret that 205 live could be way better. Just look at the ratings. So I'm going to channel my inner Drew Gulak, and list what I think will improve 205 live.

1) Continue to introduce talent
The 205 roster is extremely talented, with some of the most talented cruiserweights from around the globe. WWE have done well with scouting some truly amazing individuals. However a lot of fans are clamouring for hot Indy talent Richocet to avoid 205 live altogether. Probably due to the mistreatment Neville and Aries experienced. But as soon as you start to avoid placing stars on the brand, the the whole division will be devalued. So new guys like Ricochet should go to 205 live, if you want the brand to mean more.

2- Let them wrestle like cruiserweights
Who remembers how fun the CWC was? Let the Cruiserweights wrestle the way they are great at. If you limit the talent to the restricted WWE style, then the division will not have a unique selling point. Why watch 205 live when you can see Seth Rollins do the same thing on Raw. Its kinda like WWECW not being extreme.

3- More Integration with the rest of the main roster
Now they have started to do this with Enzo's relationship with Nia (punching above your weight there Enzo) and Goldust teaming with Cedric. But the division still feels a million miles away from the rest of the roster. I wanna see Tozawa and Kalisto challenge for the tag titles, Gulak having a backstage segment with Alexa Bliss, and Cedric answer Romans open challenge. More integration to feel like the division is part of the show.

4- A separate 205 live creative team
Now this very unlikely. But the story's and characters will undoubtedly improve in quality if 205 have its own creative team. This will mean that more creative effort will be put into the show.

5- Bring back Neville!
Now I feel that Neville deserves better in WWE and I am certain that he will be successful outside WWE (if he does leave). However Neville best ever run on the main roster was on 205 live. He carried that division and now its being carried by Enzo Amore. Need I say more.

6- Rebranding
Now from all the episode of Thomas The Tank I have watched in my youth, I know there is nothing better then a fresh coat of paint. The 205 live brand is already associated in a negative way. Why not shrug the dead weight and change the name and colour scheme? Now I'm no marketing guru, but change the name to "...dive" or "WWE sky high" or "Flippy shit" or even better "Vanilla Midget Hour" or maybe "205 and a half men starring Charlie Sheen". I better stop before I make another terrible joke.

7- Tape the show and put it at a more appropriate time.
This show does not need to be live. This show should not happen after Smackdown. This show would be way better if the crowd were not dead. Now I don't know when they should tape the show, but 205 live is struggling to gain viewers. Why should we watch 205 live after watching 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown? Tape the show at full sail were the crowd is never dead.

8- Call up Ciampa and Gorgano
205 live would be so much better if it had stories we cared about. Ciampa and Gorgano's relationship is a good story. Finish it on the main roster. Just do what you were gonna do on NXT but do it on Raw and 205 Live. Gorgano v Ciampa for the cruiserweight title. Sure you probably prefer it on NXT, but it would make the cruiserweight division so much better.

9- Allow more promos and character development
It may seem that everyone in the cruiserweight division is more boring then Lance Storm for ffs. However if you let the wrestlers have more creative freedom on the mic and there characters then it could be a big improvement. Most fans won't know that Noam Dar is funny AF. As far as fans are concerned all the cruiserweights are boring vanilla midgets. Apart from Enzo and Gulak off course.

10- I got nothing else to say. But I felt like "9 steps" was underwhelming lol.

What you guys think of the list? How can WWE make the cruiserweight division better?

Crash

Reaction score
Clear Daniel Bryan add him to the 205 roster. :D

v1LL1n

Jobber
Reaction score
Now its no secret that 205 live could be way better. Just look at the ratings. So I'm going to channel my inner Drew Gulak, and list what I think will improve 205 live.

1) Continue to introduce talent
The 205 roster is extremely talented, with some of the most talented cruiserweights from around the globe. WWE have done well with scouting some truly amazing individuals. However a lot of fans are clamouring for hot Indy talent Richocet to avoid 205 live altogether. Probably due to the mistreatment Neville and Aries experienced. But as soon as you start to avoid placing stars on the brand, the the whole division will be devalued. So new guys like Ricochet should go to 205 live, if you want the brand to mean more.

2- Let them wrestle like cruiserweights
Who remembers how fun the CWC was? Let the Cruiserweights wrestle the way they are great at. If you limit the talent to the restricted WWE style, then the division will not have a unique selling point. Why watch 205 live when you can see Seth Rollins do the same thing on Raw. Its kinda like WWECW not being extreme.

3- More Integration with the rest of the main roster
Now they have started to do this with Enzo's relationship with Nia (punching above your weight there Enzo) and Goldust teaming with Cedric. But the division still feels a million miles away from the rest of the roster. I wanna see Tozawa and Kalisto challenge for the tag titles, Gulak having a backstage segment with Alexa Bliss, and Cedric answer Romans open challenge. More integration to feel like the division is part of the show.

4- A separate 205 live creative team
Now this very unlikely. But the story's and characters will undoubtedly improve in quality if 205 have its own creative team. This will mean that more creative effort will be put into the show.

5- Bring back Neville!
Now I feel that Neville deserves better in WWE and I am certain that he will be successful outside WWE (if he does leave). However Neville best ever run on the main roster was on 205 live. He carried that division and now its being carried by Enzo Amore. Need I say more.

6- Rebranding
Now from all the episode of Thomas The Tank I have watched in my youth, I know there is nothing better then a fresh coat of paint. The 205 live brand is already associated in a negative way. Why not shrug the dead weight and change the name and colour scheme? Now I'm no marketing guru, but change the name to "...dive" or "WWE sky high" or "Flippy shit" or even better "Vanilla Midget Hour" or maybe "205 and a half men starring Charlie Sheen". I better stop before I make another terrible joke.

7- Tape the show and put it at a more appropriate time.
This show does not need to be live. This show should not happen after Smackdown. This show would be way better if the crowd were not dead. Now I don't know when they should tape the show, but 205 live is struggling to gain viewers. Why should we watch 205 live after watching 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown? Tape the show at full sail were the crowd is never dead.

8- Call up Ciampa and Gorgano
205 live would be so much better if it had stories we cared about. Ciampa and Gorgano's relationship is a good story. Finish it on the main roster. Just do what you were gonna do on NXT but do it on Raw and 205 Live. Gorgano v Ciampa for the cruiserweight title. Sure you probably prefer it on NXT, but it would make the cruiserweight division so much better.

9- Allow more promos and character development
It may seem that everyone in the cruiserweight division is more boring then Lance Storm for ffs. However if you let the wrestlers have more creative freedom on the mic and there characters then it could be a big improvement. Most fans won't know that Noam Dar is funny AF. As far as fans are concerned all the cruiserweights are boring vanilla midgets. Apart from Enzo and Gulak off course.

10- I got nothing else to say. But I felt like "9 steps" was underwhelming lol.

What you guys think of the list? How can WWE make the cruiserweight division better?

I also feel the cruiserweights should be more intermingled with the rest of the roster and if they fight for the belt great, but it feels too hokey and seperate and not laced with all the unbelievable talent they have at their fingertips to create some true compelling stories and fueds.

I am so over Enzo. Enzzzzz-no Amouré
No more Neville :(
Wheres Mr Wrestling?
Hideo Who?
No mmmmm Daar
Brian Kantdrick
Kalistoh :(
Not Seen Or Care-a

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Nice list...I like lists...

The harsh truth is the WWE "dropped the ball" with the Cruiserweights as
soon as they introduced them to the main roster.

First impressions are very important and the WWE missed a golden
opportunity to introduce the Cruiserweights with some kind of "Invasion"
angle (No...I'm never letting that idea go) that could have let the entire
division make a huge impact straight out of the gate.

Also the fact that Neville & Austin Aries are both no longer around & the
fact the entire division is being represented by possibly the most annoying
performer in the entire WWE doesn't help either.

The WWE have also placed to many restrictions on the Cruiserweights as
far as what they can actually do in the ring because of course...we can't have
them "showing up" the Big, Sweaty Men" Vince loves so much.

I hate to say this because I normally try to be positive...but...I think its best
if 205 Live is cancelled, the Cruiserweight division is divided up between
RAW, SmackDown & NXT & they put the title on Pete Dunne or Tyler Bate...
you know...someone who can actually wrestle...not just talk.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
#10:

Let Drew Gulak finish his POWERPOINT PRESENTATION!

LVXbdLd2.jpg

But genuinely, he's an entertaining guy and solid in the ring. If you have more fleshed out opponents with characters and letting their wings go, easy feud. Even his 2 out of 3 falls match with Ali was good.

Reactions: Redboy123@