10 Reasons NXT is Better than RAW/Smackdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Fairly decent weekend for wrestling but I think NXT took it to the next level with the worst match on the card being roughly on par with the best Survivor series had on offer with two 4+ star matches and none below a *** IMHO. I have not been watching SD reliably due to Jinder being champion(1 month behind on Network), RAW has gotton better by comparison.

1. 1 Hour show. 1-2 hours is ideal for wrestling show IMHO. Once upon a time RAW was 1 hour and I started with Superstars of Wrestling in 1988 which was an hour here. Its just easier to watch.

2. Better booking. Not much in the way of 50/50 booking as NXT seems to have jobbers and one off appearances (who sometimes win). Even in defeat a wrestler often gets over. The old saying in wrestling on one wrestler goes over the other gets over. Alistar BLack vs Velveteen Dream for example.

3. More consistent PPV's. When was the last bad or average NXT takeover? Its a crapshoot for RAW/Smackdown and the big 4 events. Last year for example SD was better, this year RAW is better, NXT>both IMHO.

4. Hot Crowds. NXT crowds tend to be hot. A hot crowd helps a match go over IMHO.

5. Less garish sets/light displays etc. Main events can be over the top (Wrestlemania 2017 cough cough) and the blue and red lights for RAW/Smackdown can be a bit garish and over the top. Then you ahve things like TJ Perkins light show. Naomi can pull it off as its her gimmick, most of the others its just annoying (old fashioned pyro works).

6. Better colour schemes. Yellow and works together, not quite as good as the old Attitude Era red and black but it has grown on me.

7. Longer title reigns/less hot shotting. Titles are a big deal on NXT a short reign is around 3 months (between Takeovers).

8. No cruiserweights. I was excited to watch 205 late in 205 as I liked the Cruiserweights in WCW back in the 90's. Big difference though with WWE buffoonery basically ruining it (Muhammed Ali on of the hidden gems??). Stopped watching after the Neville thing as he made it watchable.

9. Likeable babyfaces. If a heel faction gets over they tend to turn them face (Sanity). Partly related to better booking, slight downside is you have likeable heels- Adam Cole baybee.

10. Less buffoonery in general. Reminds me a bit of WCW when it was good or some of the best 90's WWF. If you are trying to be funny, be good at it (Jericho/Kurt Angle).

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Yeah Hogan/Rock, Austin/anyone, Hogan/Warrior, HBK/Taker (multiples) etc.

I don't remember Hogan/Rock even being very good, but the atmosphere made it something else.

Crash

Reaction score
NXT episodes are not really good imo, they are just like most WWE stuff nowadays but they used to be great... The NXT Takeovers are always great tho.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Longer title reigns/less hot shotting
This alone stands out to be the most. It seems like the titles mean next to nothing half the time on Raw/SmackDown. I feel like if they brought back credibility to ALL belts, not just one or two, all the wrestlers would benefit from it.

TrueAlpha

Jobber
Reaction score
At the moment I'm more of fan of NXT. They have a longer amount of time to create rivalries and stories which turn out to be amazing, along side the great talent they hold.

OniBlackDog

Find Prettys Womans from your town for night
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
10. Less buffoonery in general. Reminds me a bit of WCW when it was good or some of the best 90's WWF. If you are trying to be funny, be good at it (Jericho/Kurt Angle). I can't believe that New Day are not in those brackets! *Hates on newday*

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't remember Hogan/Rock even being very good, but the atmosphere made it something else.

I actually thought the match itself was pretty good. Was it a technical masterpiece? No. But it was both guys putting the best of what made them successful into one match. The atmosphere added to it, definitely. Then again, Hogan's matches for the most part depended on atmosphere.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
At the moment I'm more of fan of NXT. They have a longer amount of time to create rivalries and stories which turn out to be amazing, along side the great talent they hold.

One thing that really worked when I was younger was not having 12 PPVs a year (of course with WWE now it's more than twelve). WWF had four before adding King of the Ring and if I remember right, WCW had five. But yeah, it was better because there was more time to develop feuds. PLUS there were feuds that were exclusive to certain TV shows. Raw would have feuds that never made it to PPV, so would Superstars and WCW Saturday Night. I think it helped to keep ratings up for the weekly shows to showcase feuds that were exclusive to the show.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
NXT be better 1 or 2 years ago with interesting, intelligent people, not these stupid boring motherfuckers, boring men and women. Fuck them and fuck the NXT.