10 Burning NBA Questions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's been dead here so let's get some discussion going

1. Where will Love be traded to?
2. Who inks Melo?
3. Who will be the Lakers next head coach?
4. Who is the number one pick?
5. What restricted free agent will be overpaid so his offer sheet isn't matched?
6. Do the Pacers let Lance walk?
7. Will Bron opt in or out?
8. Shall Tim retire or not?
9. What move will OKC make?
10. Will Asik and Lin be flipped to make a play for a free agent?

Reactions: PHX

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
1 - I'm thinking Boston. He fits the mold of all American white guy they can market for the first time since bird! gives them a way to keep rondo! and they have the assets. I don't want him in LA personally, and I doubt GSW gets him just because they would have to give up more with less picks.

2 - wishful thinking, but I'm still saying the Lakers make he pitch at him and are the team he's going to if he leaves NY.

3 - Fisher, they would have a coach by now if la wasn't waiting for him to finish playing with OKC. He also has the most built up credit to use with Kobe and the fans in bad times

4 - I think its Wiggins but these Jack asses took Bennet last year, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Saric be a shock pick since he's reportedly willing to come over as long as he has a top 10 deal which would cover his buyout.

5 - Bledsoe, Monroe, or Hayward is a tough one, but I'm guessing it will be Monroe since he's 7ft tall.

6 - yep he's the scape goat and I think some team gets him for cheap like how Artest was got from Houston for mle type money. I would not be shocked to see teams like the Lakers, OKC, and Phili make an offer

7 - think he opts out but he stays ultimately

8 - contingent on the finals IMO, I think he retires with a win ala Robinson or comes back if he loses.

9 - think they let Thabo walk, amnesty perk, and yes I think they make a play for vets like Marion, Carter, JO, Boozer (he's getting amnestied most likely) all to fill out the team

10 - I could see a Lin taker for ticket sales, but I do think their Asik price will still be stupid high until the all star break. I also doubt many want to toss 15mil their way next year,

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
1. So far I'm thinking if he gets traded it will be to the Kings or the Rockets. Rockets to me seem like a perfect landing spot though because a stretch 4 was their biggest need and he is the best stretch 4 in the game. They got enough talent to deal for him with guys like Asik, Beverly, Lin, Parsons (who I'm sure T-Wolves would badly want in the deal) Personally though I see no trade going down and see the Wolves being naive thinking they got a chance to resign him.

2. I think if Chicago clears space that should be the team he wants to go to and I think that is what will happen. If that doesn't happen I think he just stays in NY.

3. Next coach of the Lakers I think will be Byron Scott which I think would be a nice solid choice. They have to bring in someone who will go over well and with him being a former Laker I think it is their best choice.

4. Who is the number one pick? Think Cleveland takes Andrew Wiggins who I think will be what Paul George is just will get there faster than it took George.

5. Greg Monroe for sure because bigs are hard to come by. So some team is def going to break the bank for him.

6. I think they will let Lance walk not cause they won't make a decent offer but because I'm pretty sure other teams will value him more than the Pacers will.

7. Will Bron opt in or out? I think he opts in just to give it another year to weigh his options. But then again it depends on what happens with Bosh and Wade too.

8. Shall Tim retire or not? He shouldn't and he won't. I think he got a few more years in the tank to be honest. He has really shown no signs of that he should retire. His numbers aren't amazing as they once were but they are very effective and still make him a top big man in the game. Also his game isn't predicated on athleticism.

9. Perk will get the amensty axe and I think they make a couple moves like sign a big like Hawes, Gortat or even Bynum (lol) then try and add depth adding guys like Mike Scott, Blair, Meeks, etc.

10. I think they will be dealt for sure and might not be for a free agent but even trade like the one I suggested earlier.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Lin and Asik are 8mil cap hits but because they were poison pills to force NY and Chicago to not match, they are actually making 15mil per each this coming season. The fact is to free up a max slot you have to trade both, but that's still 30mil you're paying out to role players who you probably can't market to get it back.

I keep debating Kobe or Rose if you're Melo, as both have had health issues, but at least Kobe's been healthier most the time. The other thing to me is that if I'm Melo I look at how the bulls avoid the tax like the fn plague which hurts your chance to win,whereas la will pay it. Even if Boozer is is amnestied they still need to cut something else to open a max slot, and with their history the only way to open a max slot and avoid the tax is give Gibson away

Scott is a god damn awful coach Mak, I rather try Fisher or hell Fox. He's had 3 locker room mutinies in the past, not interested.

Last edited: