• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

10/20 ECW Discussion

Panic Attack!

Reaction score
Good edition of ECW last night, pleasantly surprised that the main event was Christian/Chris Jericho, a former WrestleMania match (which they, not surprisingly, didn't acknowledge) plus the segments involving Jericho were all good.

Other that I really enjoyed were the Yoshi/Ryder match and The Hurricane/Burchill segment, plus Tiffany looked absolutely hot per usual even if she did have a sling on! Only thing wrong though was the crowd being completely silent for parts of The Hurricane/Burchill segment and the finish of the Jericho/Christian match plus I hope to God that the Shelton/Sheamus feud ends next week, Shelton really needs to be used much better.

Plus no ECW Title match at the PPV again? I know the PPV format may be RAW vs. SD! but they really could've also managed to fit an ECW Title match between Christian/Yoshi in there, the match between the two should be good next week though, hopefully Christian retains, although I can see it all ending in a disqualification, obviously due to Regal/Ezekiel/Kozlov interference, possibly a Zack Ryder interference too.

Panic Attack!

Reaction score
The fact that it was a Mania rematch was one of the first things they pointed out about the match.

After skipping through some selected parts and eventually getting to where it acknowledged it as a WrestleMania rematch, I admit that I was proved wrong there LOL :(. Thanks for pointing that out actually as it is one less bad part to the show, for me anyways.

MizMasta3000

I think ECW's problem is that they only have two guys, that can help put talent over. One being the champ Christian, who's unbeatable with the current roster, imo. The other being Shelton Benjamin. Who's good, but you can't make shelton look too bad either. Guys like Helms, Goldust, and Zack Ryder, who have been in the WWE a little longer, aren't able to proper get the younger guys over.

Ryder seemed to put Yoshi over. I am pissed that ryder lost because why the hell would tatsu be in the ecw title picture right now

Ecw was very good this week. Raw has nothing on ecw seriously.

lol

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Ryder seemed to put Yoshi over. I am pissed that ryder lost because why the hell would tatsu be in the ecw title picture right now

lol. Yoshi gets better reactions than Ryder, so he rightfully won the match and is number 1 contender. He's beatin/pinned Regal several times (plus he's lost all his title matches) so he should be no where near the title, and Ryder had his chance, he lost. Plus Yoshi's beat him serveral times as well.

Yoshi and christian will be a good match up. But why do think Yoshi will turn heel and Ryder face? A double turn. Yoshi beats on christian after his loss then Ryder comes down to help Christian? Christian and ryder tag up then over next few weeks, then ryder becomes ecw champion. Christian goes to raw or smackdown and carlito goes to ecw to fight ryder?

MizMasta3000

lol. Yoshi gets better reactions than Ryder, so he rightfully won the match and is number 1 contender. He's beatin/pinned Regal several times (plus he's lost all his title matches) so he should be no where near the title, and Ryder had his chance, he lost. Plus Yoshi's beat him serveral times as well.

Ryder puts on great matches with christian. I hate Yoshi the undercover pervert

Great One

I had a feeling Yoshi would turn heel too.. that'd be hilarious, since the crowds pretty well behind him he could easily change his character entirely. Sadly he reminds me of that Colin White bullshit they had going a year+ ago.