• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

05/07 SMACKDOWN! Discussion

How will SD! survive without Edge and Jericho? We will just have to see!

Confirmed match WWE is advertising is Kane vs. Swagger...yippy! lol

JurassicBonez

If I didn't read the spoilers and that's all that I knew was going to happen, I wouldn't watch the show. I'll have it DVR'd and watch when I get off work. Show looked great. Of course so did last weeks, and that was a big mess.

I want to know besides the World Title feud how SD will affect PPV's now that most of their guys are mid carders, how are those guys going to end up on PPV's? It is going to be all Raw.

Mr Perfect

Like a lot of people on here i'm hoping for big things from Christian now a lot of the big stars have moved to Raw. I really enjoyed watching TNA during his run there and hope this is his time to shine now.

seX-Power

This was another good show imo. I didn't watch the main event but I saw a lot of good things including two great midcard matches.

maty619

Has this now aired, can we talk about it? I watch it early on dm so I don't know when it airs.

maty619

Well I'll keep my mouth shut until tommorow anyways, better to be on the safe side I don't want to get a ban :S

Christian vs. Kofi for the IC belt? Both Kofi and Christian could pass for main event stars due to the roster SD has right now. How they couldn't give either Dolph of Cody atleast one spot in the title match is pretty strange.

Plus it is face vs. face. I would say Drew McIntyre run in, but that probably won't happen. I thought we would see the rise of Cody Rhodes here, but looks like I will have to keep waiting.

Klide

Christian vs. Kofi for the IC belt? Both Kofi and Christian could pass for main event stars due to the roster SD has right now. How they couldn't give either Dolph of Cody atleast one spot in the title match is pretty strange.

Plus it is face vs. face. I would say Drew McIntyre run in, but that probably won't happen. I thought we would see the rise of Cody Rhodes here, but looks like I will have to keep waiting.

Same here, id rather see Cody vs Kofi instead. Plus Christian should be anywhere else besides competing for the IC title. He should be either with Edge being unified champs or be in a feud with swagger.

seX-Power

Christian being with Edge would just be stupid at this point in time. I'm liking Punk/Rey and Swagger/Show and Christian/Kofi has promise. Unless Christian's gonna be main eventing I'd like to see him win and go on to feud with Dolph. It's also great to see MVP being pushed on Smackdown now.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Hopefully Christian loses, turns heel on Kofi and goes on to bigger and better things like his mid 05 form. Of course knowing Vince, he'll probably have Christian win as a sign to tell all the Christian fans "hey, shut up, I gave him the ECW title and the IC title. He's winning."

Fuck off

maty619

Hmmm. I thought Smackdown was good match wise but I thought the decisions were pretty poor. First of all I thought that Dolph should have won in his match against Kofi or not be in it atall, Ziggler is on a great roll in WWE at the moment but what does WWE decide to do, have him job out to Kofi Kingston, it doesn't make any sense, if you want Kofi in the final have him beat someone like Chris Masters, not the best mid card heel on the show! Also, I thought they shouldn't have had Christian take place in the IC title tourny, he needs a real main event push and now the only way they can do that is make him job out to Kofi which will lower his credibility by a mile. Why not put MVP in that final instead, it's clear he isn't going into a meaningful feud with Punk, due to the fact the match Rey and Punk have virtually guarantees it continuing, unless he teams with Rey angainst SES which would spoil the whole Rey/Punk feud imo, MVP would be great as IC champion at this point in time. Loving the Rey/Punk match, no matter what happens we're gonna see something different, I would love Punk to win because I am egar to see what would happen if Rey joined SES. What does everyone think btw, is Drew's sacking permanent or not? I think Vince will make an appearance on SD and overule Teddy decisions and put Drew in the IC title match or make him challenge right after it. I certainly don't think we have seen the last of Drew. As for the Swagger/Show feud nothing has changed, Swagger is getting monster heat, that could rival Batista, but in comes Show ruining everything for him, the Show/Swagger feud would be amazing minus Big Show.

Last night was the first I have ever seen of MVP's 305. That is just the shitty Pay Dirt Benjamin used to use. I might be a little late noticing this but I was like WTF WAS THAT when watching SD last night.

The Playmaker was "okay" but if you want to give the man a new finisher how about thinking of one another superstar, idk, in the past 2 months that got released wasn't using? How about thinking of an entirely new finisher? WWE lack of creativity.