01/04 RAW Discussion (Notice it says RAW...not TNA)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

I keep my hopes up that the awkward hug was a storyline. I just hope.

Evan Bourne is win. Is funny how getting squashed by Sheamus and calling him out for the WWE Championship actually elevated him a little bit (well, considering how low he was before, anything he did would). He's clearly over (or over enough already to be pushed). And if Miz wasn't the US champion, hell, I'd have him win the US championship next Raw.

The Rated R CMStar

I keep my hopes up that the awkward hug was a storyline. I just hope.

Evan Bourne is win. Is funny how getting squashed by Sheamus and calling him out for the WWE Championship actually elevated him a little bit (well, considering how low he was before, anything he did would). He's clearly over (or over enough already to be pushed). And if Miz wasn't the US champion, hell, I'd have him win the US championship next Raw.

noumenon

I think people are really started to realize how good Bourne is. He was handed a microphone for my knowledge the first time since his RAW debut. I was sorely hoping he would pin Sheamus. I know Bourne hasn't done much to deserve a title shot but hell, you can't deny people would be pulling for the guy to come up with a win at the Rumble big time.
We've got MVP who has come full circle in the mid card 3 times now and had a failed tag team run getting ANOTHER shot at Miz over Bourne. Bourne and Miz would probably be the highlight of RAW both feud and match wise.

And on a side note..next time Sheamus walks out just make a mental change and picture the IC title around his waist rather than the WWE title and tell me the way he's been booked it doesn't seem more fitting.

@CMS, your an honorable man for hoping that... but I think the hug was what it was. An extremely awkward and forced moment that will forever be engraved in my mind as a horrible finish to perhaps one of the biggest unsettled rivalries in history.

LKP

I thought bourne beat sheamus when he gave him the SSP. I thought wwe got bored of sheamus as champion and as TNA was on live also i thought a title shock change would be good for bourne but no wwe love being normal.

Great One

While a lot of what Enzo said is true, I think he's overlooking the fact that most of it was to setup the next impact on thursday. The Sting in rafters, Flair messing around wiht AJ, the beatdowns, etc. Yeah the X-Division match was shit, but it has me looking forward to the next impact which is good. Where we all see who's also REALLY signed, really in a feud, who's truly going to be doing what before you all jump to conclusions about everything like usual probably because you read some bullshit internet report from Jesus himself.

LKP

The x division match wasnt that bad just the ending and homicide taking forever to get out.

noumenon

Not to talk about TNA in the RAW thread but the cage was a clusterfuck...you could barely see into it and not too many people could climb and exit something that fucking crazy after being tired from a match.

Qwake

Best RAW Ive seen in like a year, seriously, good way to start 2010 off, the only bad thing about it was that HHH/Hornswoggle segment which didn't last too long so yeah. I was waiting for Sweet Chin Music from Michaels at the start of the show but it never came which sucked, atleast Vince attacked Bret which should make him definitely stick around with that.

LKP

Raw no matter who the guest host is will always suck the guest host cant save raw. A few segments yes but matches? Nope. Only reason why i watch raw is Orton and depending on who the guest host is.

Axis

Evan Bourne sounded like Frankie Muniz on Malcolm in the Middle.

xtremebadass

That would have been a great start of a push for Bourne, even though it's rather unbelievable and unrealistic, that could have been a good match on PPV Bourne and Sheamus. Although that would do absolutely nothing for selling the Rumble.

xtremebadass

Yea but sometimes they have good title matches, Cena vs. Umaga Last Man Standing or I Quit or w/e, where Cena Superman took the ring apart, that was good stuff