Xavier Woods says New Day will be back "in due time"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
woodsring.webp

Though it's been more than two months since they've had any presence on WWE television, The New Day will be back "in due time."

Xavier Woods gave an update on his status while appearing on Superstar Crossover with Josh Martinez. When asked where he's been, Woods said he's been focused on things outside of the ring over the last couple of months. Woods promised that he and Kofi Kingston will be back in due time.

Kingston has been out of action since undergoing ankle surgery this March. Kingston said last month that he's been ahead of schedule for the most part and hopes to be back in the ring sooner than later.

New Day joined the Raw roster in the 2023 WWE Draft. After that, Woods was involved in a feud with Dominik Mysterio.

Woods told Superstar Crossover:

So Kofi had ankle surgery, right? So during that draft, came over to Raw, had some matches with Dom. And then, I’ve been just getting big at home, dude. I’ve been getting huge. I’ve been doing Dungeons & Dragons appearances. We’re doing USFL appearances. And that’s the interesting thing, so we haven’t been on TV in a minute, like a month, two months? Maybe. But the thing that people don’t see is all the stuff that we do outside of the ring and we have been working relentlessly on so many other things. And so we’ll be back in due time. We’ll be back in due time.
If you look at wrestling, the landscape has changed and I love when it changes because it comes at like a slow pace and then all of a sudden, you see all these faces are faces that have only been there for like six months or a year or year-and-a-half. And that’s what’s kind of happening right now. So many people are filtering in. And so as people filter in and they get established and the crowd gets to know who they are, then all of a sudden, New Day, we’re back on the attack.

New Day's Big E told WWE After the Bell earlier this month that he "feels great" in his recovery from a broken neck but still has no timetable for an in-ring return. Big E suffered the broken neck in March 2022.

Woods' full interview on Superstar Crossover is available to watch below:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I really hope they're able to go on another run as a trio again, would be great to see them against Imperium and Judgement Day for example.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I miss them as a trio so much and I miss Big E so much. I love Woods and Kofi as a duo but E was definitely missed.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I’ve said it before…

Even if it’s one last run as a trio that lasts 6 months…

I’d love to see it.

Reactions: Jimmy King