Xavien Marshall

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Character name: Xavien Marshall
Height: 6’1
Weight: 218
Age or D.O.B.: 26
Billed From: East Cleveland, OH
Face/heel/tweener: Heel
Gimmick/Background:

Xavien Marshall was destined for greatness on the gridiron, and destined for trouble off of it. There aren’t many paths of life for young men growing up on the far east side of Cleveland, but Coach Jacobs at Euclid High School saw something from a young age in Xavien. He promised him that with hard work and dedication, football could help him do what so many kids around him wanted to do… get out of East Cleveland. Unfortunately, the streets of the East Side had a tighter grip than anyone imagined.

He began associating with gang members one night in 2015, his best friend Lucky Jay asked him to help him collect debt for a drug deal. Since Xavien needed money and was more intimidating, he agreed to help his friend. The indebted man was a bit too smug and as he attempted to walk away Xavien struck him in the back of the head. As he began to beat the man lifeless, hordes of police officers surrounded him – the entire operation was a sting. Frustration gave way to defeat and with his fate sealed in his mind he stomped the undercover cop's head one last time before surrendering, nearly killing him. He was charged with assault and attempted murder and sent to the Ohio State Prison at the age of 17. Now, he wants to salvage his life and channel his violence productively at the advice of a counselor by joining the world of wrestling.

Non-FWA accomplishments: N/A
FWA accomplishments: 1x Tag Team Champions (w/ Jay Kenny). 2023 Gunfight One Ring Winner, 2023 Rookie of the Year
FWA win-loss record: 6-0
Style of wrestling (brawler, high flyer, technical, etc.):
Brawler/High-Flyer
A minimum of TEN perfected moves your character does in a match (feel free to separate your moveset into categories ie basic strikes, signatures etc.):

Signature:
Decapitator (Lariat to the back of the head)

Strikes:
Switch Knee (V-Trigger)
Pele Kick
Running Forearm Smash
Split-Legged Moonsault
Scissor Kick (back of head of bent opponent)

Non-Strikes
German Suplex
Hurricanranna
Powerbomb into the corner
Brainbuster
Split-Legged Moonsault
Roundhouse Kick

Submissions:
Rear Naked Choke
Crossface
Kimura Lock
Triangle Choke (Rare to use)

A minimum of one finishing move, and a maximum of three:
The Debt Collector (Wrist controlled stomp to the back of the head of a face-down grounded opponent)

Attire:
Promos:

Dark jeans, t-shirt, furry jacket in winter, thin leather jacket in warmer months.

In ring:
Black pants with an orange X, black boots, kickpads.

Base pic for your character (please include the name of the base pic and refer to our taken base pic thread):

swerve_strickland_by_lookog_dfc88jr-fullview.png

Pic Base: Swerve Strickland

Theme music: “Knife Talk" - Drake ft. 21 Savage (Xavien Marshall Version Created by Cap)

I can't get this shit to embed, but there's a whole entrance video for X on there.

Introduction promo of at least two hundred words introducing your character to us:

Both Officer James and Officer Martin look like this, Officer Martin will be recurring but ONLY in promos.
ddtibg6-d362c469-f839-4301-be2a-5af4aeacc984.png

Pic Base: Big Boss Man

Perhaps it’s PTSD, but when a correctional officer appears at the door of a cell and says your name, nothing good usually follows.

Xavien Marshall, usually known to the Ohio Department of Corrections as number 713845, instantly sat up straight when he heard “Marshall!” come from outside his door. He was dressed in the same khaki jumpsuit he had been wearing some variation of for the last 8 years, complimented by an orange bandana around his forehead pushing back his unkempt hair. The bandana was off limits in the prison, he can’t even remember how he got it now, so he quickly yanked it off his head before diverting his attention to the officer at the door.

“Pack it up.” The officer said. Xavien quickly looked dumbfounded. His first thought was that he was being taken to isolation, but why? A bandana? That can't be right. He hadn't been in a fight in almost a month.

“Why?” he asked back, a general no-no but Xavien has never been much of a rule follower.

“… you don’t know? You made parole. There’s a bus headed back to Cleveland. Get your shit.” the CO replied. Xavien couldn’t believe his ears. He had an opportunity at parole in 2020 but his Mom was informed he didn’t make it. She had cried when she broke the news to him over the phone. She didn’t live much longer after that, so he had no one on the outside to check on his status. He hadn't even realized he was eligible.

Elation quickly filled him. He started to pack all of his things, then realized all the material prison things that had made life on the inside more bearable no longer mattered. Packs of ramen noodles were a delicacy in the life he had grown accustom to, but this life was going to be quickly forgotten. Xavien's mostly stolen food and recreational items were given away and his bed and sheets packed within 3 minutes, and he was on his way out. The officer took him to an office where a parole officer sat behind a desk looking at him with an angry snarl. Xavien Marshall has never liked cops, and this was the most stereotypical one he had ever seen.

“Sit down. We need to talk before you go.” The angry cop said. Xavien obliged. “I’m Officer James. I’m in charge of assigning your full time parole officer. Where will you be living?” he asked. The question hadn’t crossed Xavien’s mind in years. His mom was gone now. He had made no effort to stay out of trouble since his first parole deferment. He assumed he’d serve his entire fifteen years. Now his mind raced. He truthfully didn’t have much of a clue where anyone was anymore.

“I have a brother.” Marshall explained. Not many people make it out of East Cleveland, so his brother probably hadn’t either.

“What’s his name? One of your conditions is to not be around a Jay’nathan Crawford.” The officer informed him that a reunion with his lifelong friend Lucky Jay was not in the cards for a few more years.

“Zander Marshall.” Xavien replied. Officer James began scribbling, then looked up.

“I know you haven’t had much of a chance to think about this, but you’re going to be required to work.” Xavien had no idea what he could do to make a living. He’d been an enforcer for the last 8 years and made his money protecting others or collecting debts… the same type of things that got him into prison. He had one plan in life and that was the NFL. That ship had sailed. James broke the silence “Let’s call your PO, he’s a pretty good guy from up there and really dedicated to helping you guys get back on track. You’ll like him a lot. His name is Officer Martin.” Now Xavien was really doubting everything, he’d never met a cop he had liked… especially since they set him up. Officer James dialed and sat through a few rings before Martin picked up. He explained he was assigning him a new parolee and informed him that he would need help finding a job.

“Xavien Marshall? Wasn’t he an outstanding football player at Euclid a while back? I think he had some D1 offers.” Officer Martin said through the phone. Xavien wished he could smile, but the memory of his now washed away childhood dreams only made him regret the life he had chosen. Sadness had gone away years prior. Now he only felt rage. James glanced up at Marshall, seemingly clueless of his high school glory. Xavien simply nodded yes.

“That’s the guy, it seems.” Officer James said.

“What an outstanding athlete… you know, James, I may have a really good opportunity for him… but it’s a little crazy. He’d have to keep an open mind.” Officer Martin explained. Xavien lowered an eyebrow as James looked to him curiously, raising his eyebrows right back as if to ask Xavien for an answer.

“I mean, whatever keeps me free, what you got?” Xavien asked. The room sat silent for a long ten seconds.

“As soon as your bus gets here, get to my office. We’ll see what you think.”

MATCH LOG
Fallout 033def. Wild JerryPinfall at 8:021-0
Lights OutGunfight One Battle Royal FinalistN/A2-0
Fallout 034def. Konchu HaoPinfall at 27:393-0
Meltdown XXXVdef. Dark Roads AlliancePinfall at 21:26 (with Jay Kenny)4-0 - Won Tag Team Titles
Meltdown XXXVIdef. Jay KennyReferee Stoppage at 5:075-0 - Won Gunfight One Ring
Winter Wastelanddef. Dark Roads Alliance & FTNPinfall at 22:28 (w/ Jay Kenny)
6-0 - Retained Tag Team Titles​
Meltdown XXXVIIChris PeacockPinfall at 2:427-0 - Block B - F1 Climax
TBDBryan BaxterTBDBlock B - F1 Climax
TBDHalloween KnightTBD
Block B - F1 Climax​

Last edited:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Welcome to FWA!

We just posted the the card for our 18th anniversary show, but if you’d like to send in a vignette to be featured on the show please send it to me, @Mandalorian , @SupineSnake @Dubble J, and @Tommy Bedlam and we’ll be sure to include it on the show. We can also just use your introduction promo as a vignette if you’d like, it’s up to you!

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or the other mods I mentioned. As always, good luck and have fun!

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Deadline for a vignette? I can write one.
Also let it be known, the first time I cross paths with that backwoods country jackass Tommy Bedlam, I'm going to kick his lips off his face. :)
There’s about a two week promo deadline for this show and a few days after that we try to get the show up. You have ample time to get a vignette done though, not a super rush.

Reaction score
Additional Characters:

Coach Jacobs
Pic Base: Eric Bienemy
Dialogue Color: Green
eric-bieniemy-washington-commanders-usa-today.jpg

Zander Marshall:
Pic Base: Kid Cudi
Dialogue Color: Purple
Kid-Cudi.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy King