WWF: The new era Begins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
wwe.gif

Backstory:

Tuesday, Vince Mcmahon's Office, 9:43 PM:

Linda Mcmahon: "Vince, I've told you this a thousand times already, things need to improve or the WWE will go down the drain faster than you can ever imagine!"

Vince Mcmahon: "I know that, I am doing the best I can"

Linda Mcmahon: "Well do better! How is this company supposed to survive through the next few monthes! Our ratings in the summer were in the 2.0-3.0 range, and now the highest we get to is a 2.8 if we are lucky! USA Network, and the Sci-Fi network have called and they are thinking of cancelling RAW and ECW, you have to do something quick!"

Vince Mcmahon(yelling): "Linda! I am doing the best I can! Now please get out of my office I have a ton of work that I need to finish!"

Wednesday, Mr Mcmahon's office, 3:36 AM:

Vince Mcmahon grabs his phone and dials, he then starts talking

Vince Mcmahon: "Paul, I cant take this anymore. I have been up all night trying to finish these documents....Im getting too old for this"

Triple H(on Phone) "Vince, there is nothing that I can do. Your the owner of this company...you have to do all this work, what do you think you can do, just give away WWE? You cant, just find a way to make things better alright?"

Vince Mcmahon: "No, you dont understand...I cant do this anymore, its ruining my life, AND my marriage!"

Triple H: "Look, I cant talk right now, its 3 in the morning I have to get some sleep...just call me tomorow ok?"

Vince Mcmahon: "but-"

Triple H: "I gotta go!"

Trips hangs up the phone, Vince looks at his computer and realises he still has alot to do...but instead of doing it....he puts his head down on his desk and falls asleep

Thursday, WWE Headquarters' meeting room, 3:32 PM:

Every Wrestler/staff member contracted to the WWE is at the meeting:

Vince Mcmahon:
"The fact is, this company is going down the drain...I'll admit it. Last night, I couldnt finish the revenue documents that had to be done...I cant handle this company anymore, things have to change, and I dont think I am capable of changing things"

Linda Mcmahon: "What do you mean?"

Vince Mcmahon: "I never knew that I would ever say this but....I want to step down as chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc."

Shawn Michaels: "Are you sure about this?"

A look of shock is on every person in the room, everyone cant believe that Vince is going to step down

Vince Mcmahon:
"Yes, I want to retire, I've done my part, now its time for someone else to continue the legacy of this amazing Wrestling Empire!"

Stephanie Mcmahon: "But who daddy? Who is going to be chairman of WWE?"

Vince Mcmahon: "Well, I was thinking about it and I have decided that I am going to sell the company so that it is completely out of my hands. I am done dealing with all the stress of maintaing such a huge Wrestling promotion, I am just going to sell the whole company and retire!"

Everyone starts talking, Vince Mcmahon tries to get their attention

Vince Mcmahon:
"Oh and by the way, I will NOT be selling this company to a Mcmahon!"

Shane Mcmahon: "What!? C'mon dad, I could have turned this company around!"

Vince Mcmahon: "Maybe you could have, but you learned everything from me and Im sure you'll do things the way I did. We need someone different, someone fresh, someone that will take this company where it has never been before! Besides, you're doing great with the job you have right now"

Triple H: "Soo, the person that you are going to sell it to....is he going to be already contracted to the WWE"

Vince Mcmahon: "He could be, or maybe I'll find someone who isnt working here. It all depends on how their buisness model looks like, remember, I am trying to get the best owner possible. If you recieve a missed call from me, please immediately come to my office and we will have a meeting schedualed, the meeting will be between me and you and I will see if you are the right one to take control of this company! And also if you are willing to pay the amount that I am asking for. Thanks for your time everyone!"

All the Wrestlers/staff members leave, Linda stays behind

Linda Mcmahon:
"Vince, I sure hope you know what your doing"

Vince Mcmahon: "Ofcourse I do! I promise you the new chairman will be as good or even better than I was, plus, if I sell the company I will get a ton of money that we can use for the rest of our lives withour worrying about it getting taxed or taken away by the government. Imagine living without the stress of being the owner of WWE, it will be amazing. Linda, I enjoyed my time as chairman, but its time for this company to go to a new direction, whoever wants to buy this company im sure will be ready to turn things around"

Linda Mcmahon: "But, what about Shane and Stephanie and the entire roster of staff and wrestlers, will they lose their jobs?"

Vince Mcmahon: "noo! Ofcourse not, all contracts will remain the same...that is ofcourse if the new owner wants to fire Shane or Steph, but I'll make sure that wont happen, and that they stay in their current poisitons as part of the booking team. The rest of the roster however...well....that will be out of my hands...."

------------------------------

The second part to this backstory will be posted tomorow. I understand that I started an ROH BTB in the past, but I noticed that it is just way too hard, so I am going to be doing a WWF one, I am going to make it as creative as I can! Make sure to check back for the second and final part of the backstory where the new chairman will be revealed, and I will post the roster and TV shows as well as the first preview for the first ever show with the new chairman! And remember, it wont be a Mcmahon!

Its good to be back in the BTB scene :)

PeepShow

Great start man. Very creative thinking here. You could go tons of directions with this.

WWF, but WWE logos. Nice. LOL, Ill be reading the second part for sure. I may review the first show if I have time. keep it up

The Anigma

Reaction score
I noticed the WWE logos for the WWF BTB but it doesn't really make a difference that can always be changed. Anyway, I'm really loving this backstory; it's very creative in my opinion. I'm real curious to see who the new owner of the company will be and if he can take the company to a direction it's never been to before. Looking forward to part 2 of the backstory as well as your first show, rosters and all that good stuff. Feel free to check out The Commencement sometime.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Nice backstory, they have said it all above, now I wonder who will be the new owner of WWE???

Reaction score
Backstory(part 2):

Saturday, 2:21 PM, WWE Headquarters:

Vince Mcmahon: "Well, this is the final time that I'll ever see you guys, thanks for all the hard work you put into this promotion. I hope that everything goes fine with you guys once I leave"

Jennifer(WWE Headquarters secretary): "No Problem Vince, we enjoyed working for you. Uhh, if you dont mind me asking...who exactly did you sell the WWE to?"

Vince Mcmahon: "Oh, well...You'll see. I have to go now, thanks again everyone!"

Everyone says goodbye to Vince as he leaves the building, suddenly...his cell phone rings

Vince Mcmahon: "Hello?........oh......your almost here?.....alright, tell the driver to pull up in front.....no problem......bye"[/B]

Saturday, 2:40 PM, WWE Headquarters' front entrance:

A Black limo pulls up, the driver steps out to open the door for the new owner of the WWE

Vince Mcmahon:
"Yes! He is here!"

Paul Heyman steps out of the limo, he shakes hands with Vince

Paul Heyman:
"I know we've had our differences, but I really liked doing business with you Vince"

Vince Mcmahon: "The same goes for me, I hope you do something special with this company Paul, it needs a new direction"

Paul Heyman: "Oh trust me....I will!"

Vince Mcmahon: "Alright...well, I'll go call up my limo and get out of here. The WWE is yours!"

Vince Mcmahon leaves, Paul Heyman walks inside the headquarters and takes a tour of it, Paul Heyman now owns the WWE

Press Conference, WWE Headquarters' Parking Lot, Sunday, 1:10 PM:

Paul Heyman: "Hello everyone, I have lots of work that I need to do so I am going to make this as short and to the point as I can. First off, does anybody have any questions?"

Random Lady: "Yes, are you going to change the roster of the WWE or leave it the way it is."

Paul Heyman: "Well, lots of changes will happen, thats for sure. I am going to vacate every WWE title except the WWE Championship which is still on John Cena, the WWE United States, WWE Tag Team, and World Heavyweight Titles are all retired. As for the roster, I have managed to pick up a few wrestlers who have decided to get themselves released from TNA. The first is Samoa Joe, I hate to use Wrestling terms here but, I signed Joe because I am a big Joe mark....there....I said it. Anyway, I was also able to sign The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels, and a wrestler known as "Senshi" who will go back to his original name, Low-Ki. "Team 3D" have decided to jump over to the WWE after they knew that I was going to become the owner, I also got 2 very good young wrestlers who make a great tag team, Sabin and Shelley, the Motor City Machine Guns!....and finally, I managed to snag one of the most charismatic wrestlers in the world today....Christian! I also got some wrestlers from the Independants, including Bryan Danielson, Kevin Steen, and Larry Sweeney....oh..and ofcourse the best tag team in the world today....The Briscoes! Next Question"

Random Guy: "Are you going to be an on screen character, much like Vince was?"

Paul Heyman: "Yes, I plan on doing that, I feel that I am over with the fans and it will help ratings a little bit. I will be the main authority figure in the company. Well...I have recieved word that this press conference is about to finish up, so I just want to make a major anouncement before I go. We all know that the WWE is...well...the WWE, but I dont feel the term "Entertainment" should be in the company's name....so I have talked to the World Wildlife Foundation and we have come to terms on a deal that I can change the WWE's name back to it's original one...the WWF!"

A buzz goes around as the crowd sinks that in

Paul Heyman: "Haha, that means we wont be seing that WWE logo on the flag pole on top of this beatiful building starting tomorow! And on a side note, ECW has been cancelled, and there will be no more brand split. I decided to do this because I hated the brand split idea and now that I am owner, I thought it was a good idea to just end it and do things my way. Well guys, thats it for me, make sure to watch WWF RAW next monday night, the first WWF show under my control! Thanks everyone, have a good day"

wwf-logo.gif

Roster(T-Tweener, F-Face, H-Heel):

Jay Briscoe (F)
Mark Briscoe (F)
Shelton Benjamin (F)
Randy Orton (H)
Triple H (F)
Shawn Michaels (F)
Booker T (H)
John Cena (F)
Edge (H)
Kane (H)
The Undertaker (F)
Kevin Steen (H)
Rob Van Dam (F)
Christopher Daniels (H)
Low-Ki (H)
Samoa Joe (F)
Sabu (F)
Jon Morrison (H)
CM Punk (H)
Rey Mysterio (F)
Chavo Guerrero (H)
Funaki (F)
Billy Kidman (F)
The Hurricane (F)
Jamie Noble (H)
Kid Kash (H)
Paul London (F)
Brian Kendrick (F)
Brother Ray (H)
Brother D-Von (H)
Charlie Haas (H)
Christian (H)
Bryan Danielson (F)
Chris Sabin (F)
Alex Shelley (F)
MVP (H)
Jeff Hardy (F)
Matt Hardy (F)
The Sandman (F)
Ken Kennedy (H)

Championships:

WWF Championship:

John Cena

World Tag Team Championship:

VACANT

WWF Intercontinental Championship

VACANT

WWF Lightweight Championship:

VACANT

WWF Hardcore Championship:

VACANT

TV Shows:

WWF RAW-Monday night at 9/8c on The USA Network

WWF Smackdown! Thursday night at 8/7c on the CW

WWF PPVs:

January: WWF New Year's Revolution
Febuary: WWF Royal Rumble
March: WWF No Way Out
April: WWF Wrestlemania 24
May: WWF Backlash
June: WWF Sacrifice
July: WWF King Of The Ring
August: WWF SummerSlam
September: WWF Unforgiven
October: WWF Rebellion
November: WWF Survivor Series
December: WWF Christmas Bash

WWF Tag Teams:

The Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin/Alex Shelley)
The Impact! Players (CM Punk/Kid Kash)
Team 3D (Brother Ray/Brother D-Von)
Triple X (Christopher Daniels/Low-Ki)
Paul London/Brian Kendrick
The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe/Mark Briscoe)

Anouncers:

WWF RAW: Jim Ross/Jerry "The King" Lawler

WWF Smackdown: Michael Cole/JBL

WWF PPVs: Jim Ross/Jerry "The King" Lawler

-----------------------------

There you go, the conclusion to the backstory and the information about the new WWF! I will post my first show by Friday or Saturday. Thanks to all the responses that I got, I will make sure to review all of your BTBs when I get the chance!

PeepShow

Good part 2 of the scene. No suprise you would have Joe for your roster....lol

Keep it up man, this looks really good

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Nice Part 2! I think this will be a different WWE since Heyman is in charge, and I just knew Heyman is a Joe Mark! lol....

TRI

Reaction score
Good backstory so far dude. Not very realalistic, but still it should be cool to read, as I love reading Be The Bookers where there are behind the scene things. Are you going to keep doing backstage things like this, or what?

xXxDocileGothxXx

Reaction score
Wow what an incredible backstory! Paul Heyman in charge of the WWE...If it is anythign like how he ran Smackdown, this is going to be an amazing and interesting ride! I look forward to seeing the first show!