WWE2K16: Hulk Hogan Removed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
After WWE announced it was cutting ties with WWE Legend Hulk Hogan over racially-charged comments made, 2K has confirmed he will also be removed from its upcoming wrestling title, WWE 2K16.

In a statement sent to Shacknews, 2K says, "We are highly respectful of the way that our partners choose to run their business and manage our partnerships accordingly. We can confirm that Hulk Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16."

Today's news just comes a day after GameStop Italy leaked the inclusion of Hulk Hogan in WWE 2K16, along with WWE Legends superstars Triple H, The Rock, and Andre The Giant. While this list didn't come directly from 2K, it's interesting they not only confirm Hogan was in the game via there statement, but also that he will now be removed due to the controversy surrounding him.

Hulk Hogan has been included in many WWE titles throughout the years including WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF Royal Rumble, WWE Wrestlemania X8, WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, and more. While we understand 2K's position to remove him from the upcoming WWE 2K16, a wrestling game without Hulk Hogan would feel strange considering he's been in nearly every wrestling game ever created.
SOURCE // READ MORE

It seems that WWE cutting all the ties with Hulk Hogan will stretch to the up and coming WWE 2K16.

Reactions: Solidus1

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
WWE giving Hogan the Benoit treatment for saying "Nope". smh
By the time this game comes out, this will be yesterdays news.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e

I know about WWE Cutting all ties but I never thought about the Video Game. But tbh it's good to see WWE having a zero tolerance policy about Racism even for their biggest stars.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah right. Michael PS Hayes is fucking still employed and he's a huge racist. He's called Henry a Nope and only got suspended. lol wut?
There has been comments on Flair being the next host of TE and there have been reports that he's a racist too. Like this fucking company, lol.
I'm not even a Hogan mark, but fuck, they fired ADR rather than the racist Cody whatever the fuck his name was.

This ploy to remove all Hogan content is stupid. The peak of this thing should have been just removing Hogan from TE and suspending his contract until this all cooled down. Firing is fine, but giving him the Benoit treatment? Get the fuck out.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
All of this just to make him pay for DLC once this all blows over..... SMH

Raine

The Artiste
Reaction score
I am also not surprised by WWE's actions. A big company wants to distance itself from this sort of shit as much as possible even though they have to know there are other racists that work in there company.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm sure they'd get some PR problems if they did nothing. There may be a lot of racists in WWE but they don't run their mouths on interviews about it.
Anyway, not the first game without Hulk lol, there have been quite a few. Also I'm not getting it so whatever.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Well it seems like it's... All crashing down, he must hurt inside.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
It's good WWE is doing this, they gotta protect their company. Racist people don't belong in WWE.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
All of this just to make him pay for DLC once this all blows over..... SMH
100% this. Worst case, a couple years from now he is back n good and becomes the must have dlc player in a must buy 10 wrestler pack for $20.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
And yet Wifebeater 3:16 is on the cover of WWE2K16! LOL!

On another note, I can fully understand why they're separating themselves from Hogan for the time being. According to http://nodq.com/wwe/439845419.shtml, "WWE lost $50 million on the stock market on Friday following the Hulk Hogan racist comments being released to the public stemming from a leaked sex tape, according to Forbes.Shares of WWE plummeted almost 4%, to $16.60. Before to the incident, WWE’s shares increased 14%, making shareholders $160 million."

I think going so far as to remove him from the Hall of Fame is ridiculous, but meh. Once this all blows over, Hogan will be back with the company eventually anyway (assuming he doesn't kill himself before then.) It's all just PR to protect the "virtuous" image of the company, and I doubt on a purely moral basis that it even bothers most of the higher-ups in WWE very much that he made these comments anyway.