• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Please not this is solely my opinion. It might not be correct, but it is what I think is best. Comments are welcome.

The WWE has once again decided that it is time to release some current talent as they need to save money financially. The company is tearing their hair out as they want to make the right decisions based on what the fans want, Vince McMahon does not want a repeat of last year where many good talent were released over poor, unused talent. Vince has decided to appoint long time WWE fan Joseph Craven a.k.a Prodigy with the job of selecting talent to stay and talent to go, as well as developmental talent who will join up with the main WWE roster in the released stars places.....

Vince has given Prodigy a list of names who he thinks are potential stars to be released. These are not necessarily the worst of talents but those who are stuck in the mid or low cards with no current direction. Prodigy must select at least ten stars to release, if he releases a star he must keep one star at the same time, the cut off for stars being released is twenty. Vince has agiven the list of FCW talent and Prodigy must call up at least five stars from the roster, this may increase as if the releases equate to above ten then gaps in the main roster MUST be filled. He must also give reasoning for every star.

List of stars that are in line to be released

RAW

(Active)

R-Truth
David Hart Smith

The Great Khali

Mark Henry

Evan Bourne

Yoshi Tatsu

Darren Young

Ted DiBiase Jr.

William Regal

Tyson Kidd

Zack Ryder

Primo Colon

Jey Uso

Jimmy Uso

(In-Active)

David Otunga

Husky Harris

Michael McGillicutty

Mason Ryan

Golddust
Skip Sheffield
Michael Tarver

(Divas)

Gail Kim
Tamina
The Bella Twins
Alicia Fox

SMACKDOWN

(Active)

Kofi Kingston
Chris Masters
Trent Barreta
JTG
Hornswoggle
Drew McIntyre
Chavo Guerrero
Curt Hawkins
Tyler Reks
Brodus Clay

(In-Active)

Joey Mercury

(Divas)

Rosa Mendes
Kaitlyn
Beth Pheonix

The releases will happen a brand at a time ex. RAW RELEASE followed by SMACKDOWN release, this will then continue in a circle.

Full Roster numbers, this includes in-active talent but not guys like Chris Jericho, who are not under contract but are going to return at one point. (This is full roster numbers not just those who are on the release short list)

RAW

Smackdown

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
raw3.jpg

RAW RELEASE EVALUATION #1 THE GREAT KHALI AND MARK HENRY

Hello guys, Joseph Craven a.k.a Prodigy here. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Vince for giving me the chance in this position, which can be refereed to as Roster Management. I will try and make the decisions which are right for the fans so if there's anyone who you feel should stay, just feel free to contact me (post in this thread). The first guys I will be evaluating are Mark Henry and The Great Khali.

Mark-Henry-Retirement-Plans.jpg

Mark Henry

PROS: Henry has never had a problem getting over with the fans, whether it is as a heel or a face. Highlights of his career include his Sexual Chocolate gimmick, or his worlds strongest man gimmick as a heel, which saw him have a good ECW title reign. He also has no problem putting other wrestlers over, often jobbing out to guys a lot smaller than him and taking a bump or two.

CONS: It's no question that Henry's size is a problem at times, guys often find it difficult to work with him in the ring as it is a tough job to work around a guy with big size and a build like Henry's, this was recently scripted with a botched Wasteland from Wade Barrett to Mark Henry which could of injured both men. Henry's in ring skills are also not the best, he cannot put on a fast pace match, again due to his size and also has a limited move set. Henry also has the tendency to be under used by the company and hasn't really carried a fued well for a number of years, his under use has caused fans to lose some interest in him, and he barely appears in matches, instead he appears in scripted segments which are often pointless and ruin his credibility.

the_great_khali_JpkaR.jpg

The Great Khali

PROS: One Pro for Khali is obvious; His draw. Though he might not be huge in the likes of the states, or UK, he is a massive draw in his home country India, which is probably one of the most populated countries in the world. This is great for the company, as we are always looking to break into international markets, and Khali, never gets old or boring in his country and has swarms of people coming to see him every time he goes back home, if you don't believe me check the videos. Khali also has an advantage of being tall, we all know Vince likes not only Muscular men, but tall men as well, and for a good reason as well. Tall men are always able to get over well, they can either be the intimidating heel, or the loveable, gentle giant (see Big Show), so Khali can always use this to his advantage.

CONS: Though a former World Champion, Khali has not been impressive lately, with appalling segment appearances and lack of matches, it's not been the best few years for him since his World Title win. Khali seems to be very basic in the ring as well, his matches do not flow, with very little chain wrestling, and random spots with a chop here and a big boot there. Khali also has tendency to go mia a lot of the time, sometimes due to injury, others for appearances, these come at a disadvantage to the company as they're paying him wages and he's not doing any work for them a lot of the time.

VERDICT

Mark Henry - Released

The Great Khali - Kept

I have decided to release Mark Henry. I just do not feel that he is bringing enough to the company any more and don't want the guy to feel like he is a joke appearing as just a jobber. I also had worries for his health and didn't want him to be seriously injured.

I kept Khali as though he is not the best of talents, we need to keep someone that draws the indian market. It is a huge market and without him fans may lose interest, he is basically the countries idol.