WWE ~ Where It All Begins Again ~ Raw March 22, 2004 ~

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have decided to begin the night after WMXX(March 15th) with RAW. 2004 holds a special place in my heart for WWE because that’s when I first became a fan and Wrestlemania XX was the first mania I've ever watched. Hopefully I can make the product better with some of my own creative ideas and make this a mainstay here on the site. I hope you all enjoy it.

5pFoj8Ao0xZFh-GWjI85cBNPELNfANOglqwgrQvyYy7a1R401FxX_B03iJCFIDJ6D7qG0nnqPa-KThNBNqa9gsTxFyCJ8hosv--5SiVYPMgOVQhFKlXDGpIq67EwyIjWugQ_E844TGCoi7_8-Tgtz4A

~WHERE IT ALL BEGINS AGAIN ~

wwe_wrestlemania_20_logo_by_clarkvl9_dgnl5a2-fullview.png

WRESTLEMANIA XX
March 14th, 2004
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

cNW0IYKxdBrK-ms-DAMm-S_jPotqpNYkPqiSIPFQtjUqC5FI7nrfWdmjdixXtl5RSJqH3ng97GQC7pR82L8_y7IuuBulF9LZYvuh749Di1Vn5T06ZfH8nwaL8nOzxKIXfhUyRWYjfwHgndz_Tyiv45Y

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
John Cena def. Big Show [c]
to become the NEW United States Champion

qJVm-E0G4rlUps6Zk79db8N4BxbaQdNqaDXCf8KoNRasfSyyyIxmNNtJLeeJDql7wvvZ22n7xQxJDY3vG3aoDX2XhPpitlhleLoVY241jCxGxZ4XRJzFV3tEZdkZUCX6itKM7B833MPq3xgfycIWG00

FATAL FOUR WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

Booker T & Rob Van Dam [c] def. La Resistance, Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade and the Dudleys
to retain the World Tag Team Championships

SINGLES MATCH
Christian def. Chris Jericho w/ Trish Stratus

HANDICAP MATCH
Randy Orton, Batista & Ric Flair def The Rock & Mick Foley

EVENING GOWN MATCH
Sable & Torrie Wilson def. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie

6sah4BpXo32mlUd6xtd_vr3OdjhoApRXw8YQzBnAriZIbWM4nezi80vZdHMvnhHwmlCC96hXEP5eHuMEKQ9a-Khw-hTQp9R8I8AvUoyLA-x_L29oPLFQ_ueejfA0xVTzJSgrv55Ubr80yZZ9iYJZ04g

CRUISERWEIGHT OPEN
CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ultimo Dragon def. Shannon Moore;
Jamie Noble def. Ultimo Dragon;
Jamie Noble def. Funaki;
Jamie Noble def. Nunzio;
Billy Kidman def. Jamie Noble;
Rey Mysterio def. Billy Kidman;
Rey Mysterio def. Tajiri;
Chavo Guerrero [c] w/ Chavo Classic def. Rey Mysterio
to retain the Cruiserweight Championship

SINGLES MATCH
SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

Goldberg def. Brock Lesnar (Stone Cold was special guest referee)

S2Ootq2Juc_aQhCvPjmnyuOYAjuLeWrkGs6dvaWIqTnKduGiENt86F-IOAOewljexTiNn-UiEDEbRQ2HSdFHVkGio00WvbRDste72yT9ZQ1T-MBT4pMknFbVqCsdXS3auV5_bKcV3_2N133swvImA8o

FATAL FOUR WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi [c] def. Basham Brothers, World's Greatest Tag Team and APA
to retain the WWE Tag Team Championships

shbKhB-p3OO8x8hKSO_jb58My3DE2GmIRpyjL6hd7bnhil_dqYsmI8-8eT4GMNxuZAC9XMpG4qMwGNsX05FjNQFf_U46DTukGYFj368S869_O6Wot89DRif0rXa8n0CBX3w7iy8uIjzLwZDc-AaJvUA

WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP
Victoria def. Molly Holly
to retain the Women’s Championship
*Molly Holly got her head shaved bald after the match

ACgSFZhrmGOAnSsPTS9kZcZUnBGANSt5zwCIluMisbWnqKk9RGhl1_dE_O8_Rt-pocNG21rxtt98KxJc27vM__jNPsCV1Cp_rR20EVdmZKbpX9pCzy9a3NBcMV5GPh9no5epaN6kO1fBkq8xwZmRc44

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Eddie Guerrero def. Kurt Angle
to retain the WWE Championship

THE RETURN OF THE DEADMAN
Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer def. Kane

OvpmYAzR3BoSgpxODPVNnzND19jpbsNO9qioepn98tc7Tbj0_DkcaeLBx1SfZxFivHOXefX3wtuLXDsjU_e50_h2iQhYQH2sUaaaUJ_zBan1hxOASFgHitrNdu9pbhef62_iTISGLsvtOWY-5ec2HaA

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Chris Benoit def. Triple H and Shawn Michaels
to become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion

CHAMPIONSHIP HISTORY
(As of WRESTLEMANIA XX)

ACgSFZhrmGOAnSsPTS9kZcZUnBGANSt5zwCIluMisbWnqKk9RGhl1_dE_O8_Rt-pocNG21rxtt98KxJc27vM__jNPsCV1Cp_rR20EVdmZKbpX9pCzy9a3NBcMV5GPh9no5epaN6kO1fBkq8xwZmRc44

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
EDDIE GUERRERO (February 15th, 2004- Present)
Defeated Brock Lesnar @ No Way Out

OvpmYAzR3BoSgpxODPVNnzND19jpbsNO9qioepn98tc7Tbj0_DkcaeLBx1SfZxFivHOXefX3wtuLXDsjU_e50_h2iQhYQH2sUaaaUJ_zBan1hxOASFgHitrNdu9pbhef62_iTISGLsvtOWY-5ec2HaA

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
CHRIS BENOIT
(March 14th, 2004- Present)
Defeated Triple H and Shawn Michaels @ Wrestlemania XX

cNW0IYKxdBrK-ms-DAMm-S_jPotqpNYkPqiSIPFQtjUqC5FI7nrfWdmjdixXtl5RSJqH3ng97GQC7pR82L8_y7IuuBulF9LZYvuh749Di1Vn5T06ZfH8nwaL8nOzxKIXfhUyRWYjfwHgndz_Tyiv45Y

UNITED STATES CHAMPION
JOHN CENA
(March 14th, 2004 - Present)
Defeated Big Show @ WrestleMania XX

Crk3J5POv7FGlwqGASQmOgG1Oh9MWXlU87tiocLsaECX3004D5zRdM0Asokb6MZ87ysadhh7Mm8wM0P_IbAKtvDth4Mup11bY8cZrbAYlE_XbIZWi4i0lNQk8B2Yp8J29aOOe9Aob7qwl92XbPVpycU

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
RANDY ORTON
(December 14th, 2003 - Present)
Defeated Rob Van Dam @ Armageddon

6sah4BpXo32mlUd6xtd_vr3OdjhoApRXw8YQzBnAriZIbWM4nezi80vZdHMvnhHwmlCC96hXEP5eHuMEKQ9a-Khw-hTQp9R8I8AvUoyLA-x_L29oPLFQ_ueejfA0xVTzJSgrv55Ubr80yZZ9iYJZ04g

CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION
CHAVO GUERRERO
(February 15th, 2004 - Present)
Defeated Rey Mysterio @ No Way Out

shbKhB-p3OO8x8hKSO_jb58My3DE2GmIRpyjL6hd7bnhil_dqYsmI8-8eT4GMNxuZAC9XMpG4qMwGNsX05FjNQFf_U46DTukGYFj368S869_O6Wot89DRif0rXa8n0CBX3w7iy8uIjzLwZDc-AaJvUA

WOMEN'S CHAMPION
VICTORIA
(February 23rd, 2004 - Present)
Defeated Molly Holly on RAW (Feb 23)

S2Ootq2Juc_aQhCvPjmnyuOYAjuLeWrkGs6dvaWIqTnKduGiENt86F-IOAOewljexTiNn-UiEDEbRQ2HSdFHVkGio00WvbRDste72yT9ZQ1T-MBT4pMknFbVqCsdXS3auV5_bKcV3_2N133swvImA8o

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
RIKISHI & SCOTTY 2 HOTTY
(February 5th, 2004 - Present)
Defeated The Basham Brothers on SMACKDOWN (Feb 5)

qJVm-E0G4rlUps6Zk79db8N4BxbaQdNqaDXCf8KoNRasfSyyyIxmNNtJLeeJDql7wvvZ22n7xQxJDY3vG3aoDX2XhPpitlhleLoVY241jCxGxZ4XRJzFV3tEZdkZUCX6itKM7B833MPq3xgfycIWG00

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
BATISTA & RIC FLAIR
(March 15th - Present)
Defeated Rob Van Dam & Booker T on RAW (Mar 15)
RVD & Booker T defeated Batista & Ric Flair on RAW (Feb 16)

UPCOMING PAY PER VIEW EVENTS
Red- Raw specific event
Blue- Smackdown Specific Event
Black- Joint Branded Event

BACKLASH
April 11th, 2004
Rexall Place
Edmonton, Alberta

JUDGMENT DAY
May 9th, 2004
Staples Center
Los Angeles, California

BAD BLOOD
May 23th, 2004
Nationwide Arena
Columbus, Ohio

VENGEANCE
June 20, 2004
Hartford Civic Center
Hartford, CT

THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH
July 4th, 2004
MCI Center
Washington D.C

LOCKDOWN
July 18th, 2004
Toyota Center
Houston, TX

SUMMERSLAM
August 22nd, 2004
Air Canada Centre
Toronto, Ontario

Last edited:

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
Monday March 15, 2004
Continental Airlines Arena
East Rutherford, New Jersey

Episode #564

Following the WWE signature opening, we cut directly to Vince McMahon who is sitting in his fancy black leather chair in his office. Vince said the theme of WrestleMania 20 was where it all begins again. It's not just a theme, it's a promise and things need to be changed around here. It's time to shake things up. The fans deserve new superstars, new matches and new rivalries. It's time for a new WWE. He announces that this Saturday Night there will be a special 1-hour WWE Draft Special. It will air on Spike at 8 PM this Saturday Night. Everyone on both rosters will be eligible even champions, there's no exceptions, because it's time for a new Raw and a new Smackdown and a new WWE. Vince explains the rules; Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman will each take turns drafting their own brands one by one. At the beginning of the draft a coin toss will determine which brand gets the first pick. Then it will go in a snake draft order ex: Smackdown, Raw, Raw, Smackdown, Smackdown, Raw, Raw etc. Now both GMS will be able to make trades as long as they run the trades by Vince first and he approves them. Vince finishes by welcoming everyone to the MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!!

A video montage highlighting the incredible events highlighting Wrestlemania XX ending with Chris Benoit’s making Triple H tap out to win the World Heavyweight Championship. The package fades as Benoit and Eddie Guerrero embrace a hug as both men reign supreme in the WWE. We go inside the Continental Airlines Arena as pyro blasts on the stage area as the raucous crowd cheers. Still on a high from the previous night’s actions and Vince McMahon’s game changing announcement, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler kick RAW off by hyping up the “incredible” action from WrestleMania XX and discuss how everything will change this Saturday with the WWE Draft.

The camera cuts inside the ring where Lilian Garcia stands with a microphone in hand, her voice filled with excitement.

Lilian Garcia: "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the NEW World Heavyweight Champion... Chris Benoit!"

As the unmistakable chords of "Whatever” by Our Lady Peace fill the arena, the newly crowned World Heavyweight Champion strides onto the stage, greeted by a thunderous ovation from the audience. Dressed in sleek black and silver ring gear, accented by a distinctive "CRIPPLER CROSSFACE" tee, the pinnacle of RAW's champions exudes confidence. With a grin that showcases his trademark intensity, "The Rabid Wolverine" unfastens the title belt from around his waist. He proudly raises it high above his head, capturing the spotlight as he makes his way towards the squared circle, ready to celebrate his hard-earned victory with the fans in attendance. Reaching the ring apron, Benoit pauses momentarily, soaking in the electric atmosphere pulsating throughout the arena. The cheers and chants from the crowd are deafening, a testament to their overwhelming support for the new World Heavyweight Champion. With a nod of appreciation, he climbs the ring steps, each step echoing his determination and focus. Stepping between the ropes, Benoit stands tall in the center of the ring, the championship belt resting confidently on his shoulder. He takes a moment to gaze around at the sea of enthusiastic fans, their faces illuminated by excitement and admiration. Their cheers resonate throughout the arena, creating a moment that Benoit will cherish forever. A microphone is handed to Benoit, signaling the moment everyone has been waiting for. The crowd falls silent, eagerly anticipating what the new champion has to say. With a deep breath, Benoit raises the mic to his lips, ready to address the fans.

"First off," he begins, his voice strong and confident, "I want to thank each and every one of you. You've been with me through thick and thin, and this moment, standing here as your World Heavyweight Champion, is as much yours as it is mine."

The crowd erupts in cheers, acknowledging their unwavering support for Benoit's journey.

"The road to this championship wasn't easy," Benoit continues, "but it was worth every sacrifice, every drop of sweat and blood. It's about damn time."
The crowd roars in agreement, echoing Benoit's sentiment. "At the Royal Rumble, I silenced the doubters," he declares, a smile forming on his face. "Entering at number one, I outlasted twenty-nine other superstars. And last night at WrestleMania, on the grandest stage of them all, I made Triple H TAP OUT!"

The crowd erupts in cheers, reliving the unforgettable moment.

"I know Triple H isn't here tonight," Benoit acknowledges, "recovering from the beating I gave him. But if fate puts us on the same brand after the draft, I'll have no problem making him TAP OUT AGAIN!"

The crowd's cheers intensify as Benoit smirks, his confidence unwavering.

"Now, about the draft," Benoit shifts his focus, "whether I stay on Raw or get drafted to SmackDown, it doesn't matter. Wherever I go after Saturday, that will be MY SHOW!"

The crowd cheers loudly, embracing Benoit's bold declaration.

"Defending this championship won't be easy," Benoit admits, "but I'm up for the challenge. I'll defend this title anytime, anywhere, against anyone. But mark my words, whoever steps up next, they will TAP OUT."

The iconic sound of "Sexy Boy" fills the arena, signaling the arrival of Shawn Michaels. Despite showing signs of fatigue from last night's grueling Triple Threat match, HBK makes his way down the ramp, clapping in appreciation for the World Champion. Sporting a black leather jacket over a white tank top, paired with jeans, and a bandage on his forehead from the previous night's battle, Michaels exudes resilience as he enters the ring. The crowd erupts into a dueling chant of "Benoit" and "HBK," showcasing the excitement and anticipation for this unexpected encounter. As the music fades, HBK and Benoit stand face to face in the center of the ring, both men soaking in the electric atmosphere. The tension is palpable as Michaels takes the microphone from Benoit, causing a collective gasp from the crowd.

"Congratulations, Chris," Michaels begins, his voice sincere. "You finally won the big one. Welcome to the club, kid."

Benoit's eyes lock onto Michaels, intrigued by what the Heartbreak Kid has to say next.

Michaels continues, "I wasn't the one pinned last night. I didn't tap out. Triple H did. So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm still owed a championship match."

A grin spreads across Benoit's face, intrigued by Michaels' bold statement. Michaels, seizing the moment, proposes a challenge.

"I want to make a lasting impact on possibly my final Raw. Since you've declared yourself a fighting champion, how about you and me, for the World Heavyweight Championship... TONIGHT?

HBK extends his hand towards Benoit, offering a handshake as a sign of respect and a challenge laid down. Benoit firmly grasps HBK's outstretched hand and nods his head in agreement. Pulling the microphone back to his lips, a determined look on his face, he proclaims, "I ACCEPT." The familiar chords of "Whatever" by Our Lady Peace fill the arena once more, amplifying the intensity of the moment. Benoit and Michaels lock eyes, their stare-down sending chills down the spines of everyone in attendance. As the two icons continue to face off, JR and The King can't contain their excitement on commentary. "What a huge World Title Match we have on our hands!" JR exclaims, while The King chimes in, "I hope this gets approved by Eric Bischoff!" The energy in the arena is electric, with fans on the edge of their seats, eagerly anticipating the epic showdown between Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels for the World Heavyweight Championship.

oL570P3J8EG7HkW-w-lnWNGNteX99cAwRTZ5XhviZnz2OgQrvXTgR-cijs2hHWu2u56_M_3Kj7khbrh7ymp88-jioMBfrUrRhecYJJ4XmQE_IhgfF1j-bTnP6_Ke99cLGB1416XIAExTtMBOffAt_Lc

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Bischoff begins, "As you saw earlier, we had an electrifying confrontation between Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels. After that intense exchange, I've decided to make it official. Tonight, our main event will feature Chris Benoit defending his World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels!"

The arena buzzes with excitement, the prospect of such a marquee match-up sending waves of anticipation throughout the crowd.

Switching gears, Bischoff shifts his focus to the upcoming draft. "Now, I know the draft is causing quite a stir, and let me tell you, I am thrilled. This Saturday, I promise to draft the best roster possible for Raw. And mark my words, once the dust settles, we're going to wipe the floor with SmackDown!"

The camera cuts to ringside as the unmistakable opening riff of "One of a Kind" by Breaking Point fills the arena. The crowd erupts with excitement as the Raw Tag Team Champions, RVD and Booker T, emerge from the backstage area, ready to make their way to the ring. RVD leads the way, his energetic demeanor and unique charisma captivating the audience. He throws his arms up in the air, signaling for the crowd to join in, and they respond with loud cheers and applause. The high-flying superstar is wearing his signature vibrant ring gear, complete with his distinctive arm bands and kick pads, as he confidently strides towards the ring. Booker T, the seasoned veteran exuding confidence as he makes his way down the ramp right behind RVD. Dressed in his classic red and black gear, Booker T flashes a smile to the fans, acknowledging their support with a nod and a wave. The crowd's cheers grow louder as RVD and Booker T reach the ringside area, slapping hands with fans along the way. The atmosphere is electric, with fans eagerly anticipating what the Tag Team Champions have in store for tonight's action-packed episode of Monday Night Raw. As they slide into the ring, the announcers remind the audience of their recent success at WrestleMania XX, where RVD and Booker T successfully defended their Tag Team titles. As RVD and Booker T celebrate in the ring, soaking in the cheers from the crowd, the atmosphere suddenly shifts.

The lights dim, and a haunting guitar riff begins to play. It's the unmistakable opening of "Line in the Sand" by Motörhead, signaling the arrival of Evolution. The arena is filled with a mix of boos and anticipation as Batista and Ric Flair emerge from the backstage area. The Animal, Batista, leads the way with his imposing physique on full display, wearing his signature black trunks and boots. He marches down the ramp with a focused expression, exuding confidence and intensity. Following closely behind is the Nature Boy, Ric Flair, dressed in one of his flashy robes, complete with sequins and feathers. Flair struts down the ramp with his characteristic flair, wooing and interacting with the crowd, reminding everyone why he's a wrestling legend. As Batista and Flair approach the ring, they exchange a nod, a sign of unity and determination. The duo slides into the ring, locking eyes with RVD and Booker T, setting the stage for what promises to be an epic showdown. The announcers highlight Evolution's recent victory at WrestleMania XX, where Randy Orton, Batista and Flair defeated the legendary Rock 'n' Sock Connection. As Evolution stands tall in the ring, the tension is palpable. The energy of all four competitors fills the arena, creating an electric atmosphere that has the crowd on the edge of their seats. Batista and Flair share a moment, their eyes locked on RVD and Booker T, two of Raw's most formidable champions. The champions stare back, unyielding and ready for the challenge that lies ahead.

6nfxXl7Erw31QBhcYQ-AeOtF4tG004Gw2ET0oOGu8l_FdFOLlJINvCSPVPcIU8dMK9J6G4DVo3MCcOvK2YlpCWlHGC-l3pE6d5alOKGCciwXUaDtT7i2R-Xz7nkeHywXf87ZEpY8WqF42zaZQ-JAnFI
2kJpLFATgdLQmNo8iPXLesg-SveOCHg9eW-_IL9g7LiZBaiWZpjYOQS-IjKW9oxKmqI_KJp-xlgOgs4P1LZQA-TgXrIYlZ7vytNiFd5_ZyPlO1FpRmBzD9TCC75RDCj7C6TjrcQshRyGbhjEyq2zMFE

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
RVD & BOOKER T vs. EVOLUTION (Batista & Ric Flair)

The bell rings, signaling the start of this highly anticipated tag team match. Ric Flair and Booker T step into the ring as the legal men for their respective teams. They circle each other, sizing up their opponent, before locking up in a collar-and-elbow tie-up. Flair, using his experience, quickly transitions into a wristlock, applying pressure on Booker T's arm. Booker T counters with a swift kick to Flair's midsection, breaking free from the hold. Seizing the momentum, Booker T lands a series of chops and punches, backing Flair into the corner. With the crowd chanting along, Booker T delivers a thunderous "Spinaroonie" to the delight of the audience. Flair, dazed but crafty, manages to tag in Batista just as Booker T attempts a kick. Batista enters the ring with intensity, immediately targeting Booker T's injured midsection with a series of knee strikes and body shots. He lifts Booker T for a spinebuster, but Booker T counters with a DDT, buying himself some much-needed breathing room. Booker T crawls toward his corner and tags in RVD, who springs into action with a flurry of kicks and high-flying maneuvers. RVD dazzles the crowd with his unique offense, connecting with a springboard thrust kick that sends Batista sprawling. RVD climbs the top rope, launching himself with a Five-Star Frog Splash, but Batista rolls out of the way just in time. Both men are down, struggling to make it to their feet.

As they stagger to their corners, Flair and Booker T tag back in. Booker T, rejuvenated, takes control with a series of powerful spinebusters, each one echoing through the arena. He sets Flair up for the Scissors Kick, but Flair dodges at the last second, causing Booker T to miss and land awkwardly. Seizing the opportunity, Flair locks Booker T in the Figure-Four Leglock, wrenching away at Booker T's injured leg. The pain is evident on Booker T's face as he desperately reaches for the ropes. Just when it looks like Flair might secure the victory, Booker T manages to reverse the hold, turning the pressure onto Flair. Both men struggle to their feet, exchanging blows in the center of the ring. Flair manages to poke Booker T in the eye, temporarily blinding him. With Booker T disoriented, Flair tags in Batista, who enters the ring with a predatory look in his eyes. He lifts Booker T onto his shoulders, hitting the Batista Bomb with authority. He hooks the leg, as Flair takes out the knee of RVD to prevent him from saving the pinfall and the referee counts – 1, 2, 3!

WINNERS AND
NEW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: BATISTA & RIC FLAIR
via pinfall in 10:11

As the referee hands Batista and Flair the Raw Tag Team Championships, the arena is filled with a chorus of boos. The crowd is clearly unhappy with the outcome, voicing their displeasure at Evolution's underhanded tactics that led to their victory. Ignoring the negative reaction, Batista and Flair celebrate in the ring, holding their newly won titles high above their heads. Flair struts around the ring, wooing and taunting the crowd, while Batista stands tall, soaking in the moment of their championship win.

As Batista and Flair continue their celebration in the ring, the camera cuts backstage to Randy Orton, who is watching the match unfold on a monitor. A smirk crosses Orton's face as he sees his Evolution teammates secure the victory. Todd Grisham approaches Orton, microphone in hand, eager to get a reaction from The Legend Killer. "Randy, how do you feel about Evolution's win tonight and your victory over the Rock 'n' Sock Connection at WrestleMania XX?" Grisham asks. Orton raises a hand to stop Grisham mid-sentence, a look of confidence and determination in his eyes. "Todd, let's get one thing straight," Orton begins, "I didn't just defeat the Rock 'n' Sock Connection at WrestleMania. I ended the career of Mick Foley. That's a statement that will echo throughout the annals of WWE history." The camera zooms in on Orton, his expression serious as he continues, "And tonight, I have something even bigger to share with the world. Something that will further cement my legacy as the future of this business." Orton proceeds to knock the microphone out of Todd Grisham's hand. “Now get out of my face”.

oL570P3J8EG7HkW-w-lnWNGNteX99cAwRTZ5XhviZnz2OgQrvXTgR-cijs2hHWu2u56_M_3Kj7khbrh7ymp88-jioMBfrUrRhecYJJ4XmQE_IhgfF1j-bTnP6_Ke99cLGB1416XIAExTtMBOffAt_Lc

The arena dims to a shadowy hue, setting a somber tone. The haunting notes of "All the Things She Said" by t.A.T.u. echo throughout the space, signaling the arrival of the Women's Champion, Victoria. The crowd's anticipation builds as images from last night's WrestleMania XX are displayed on the Titantron. Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler provide commentary, their voices filled with excitement and nostalgia. "King, let's not forget what happened last night at WrestleMania XX," JR begins, his voice echoing throughout the arena. "Victoria faced off against Molly Holly in a Hair vs. Title Match, and what transpired was nothing short of shocking." The Titantron showcases still images from the monumental match, capturing the pivotal moments leading up to Victoria's victory. The crowd's reactions are palpable, their emotions ranging from disbelief to awe as they relive the intense showdown between Victoria and Molly Holly. Jerry Lawler chimes in, "That's right, JR. Victoria not only retained her Women's Championship but also left a lasting impression by shaving Molly Holly's head bald! It was a WrestleMania moment that will be talked about for years to come." Amidst the commentary and images, the Women's Champion emerges from the backstage area. Victoria, with a steely determination in her eyes, dons her signature dark attire and sleek black leather jacket. The Women's Championship belt shines brightly around her waist, reflecting her undeniable confidence and dominance in the division. With the memory of last night's historic victory fresh in everyone's minds, Victoria confidently strides down the ramp, her focus unwavering, as she prepares to defend her title once again. As Victoria reaches the ring, she climbs the steel steps and enters through the ropes. Standing in the center of the ring, she raises her championship high above her head, signaling her readiness to defend her title. The crowd erupts with cheers and a mix of applause, showing their support for the champion.

The music shifts to a more aggressive tone as the challenger, Jazz, makes her entrance. The powerful beat of "Ain't No Sunshine" by DMX resonates throughout the arena. Jazz appears from the curtain, her intense gaze fixed on the ring and her opponent. Dressed in her black and gold wrestling gear, she exudes confidence and determination. Jazz walks briskly down the ramp, not wasting any time. She climbs the ring steps and enters the ring, immediately locking eyes with Victoria. The two competitors stand toe-to-toe, the tension palpable, as they await the opening bell.

oGwGbCUuldI5saEQrmYrf5k2XrWxDbBGK9LiD7XoOBZHg5ZRqftjxYAynwuyEnilpDHRIe4dhGBtjQwGY8oxoY9AiRTX0N8csEaU8e7ad9E5rc8YkZTKhPbmIS_-Tiz_sZZS5Km9OOO0kGj7j5wpAr4

WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
VICTORIA (c) vs. JAZZ

The referee signals for the bell, and the match is underway. Victoria and Jazz circle each other in the ring, both women looking for an opening. They lock up in a collar-and-elbow tie-up, each trying to gain the early advantage. After a brief struggle, Jazz uses her superior strength to push Victoria into the ropes, but Victoria counters with a quick arm drag, taking Jazz down to the mat. Jazz quickly kips up, showcasing her agility, and the two lock up again. This time, Jazz manages to execute a snap suplex, planting Victoria in the center of the ring. She goes for a quick cover, but Victoria kicks out at two. Not deterred, Jazz maintains control, targeting Victoria's arm with a series of punishing arm bars and shoulder locks. Victoria fights back, managing to create some separation with a jawbreaker, followed by a spinning heel kick that sends Jazz reeling. With Jazz stunned, Victoria seizes the opportunity to climb the ropes, looking for a flying crossbody. But Jazz rolls out of the way at the last second, causing Victoria to crash and burn. Jazz capitalizes with a vicious DDT, planting Victoria face-first into the mat. Jazz goes for another cover, but Victoria manages to get her foot on the rope, breaking the count. Frustrated, Jazz begins to unleash a relentless assault, delivering a series of power moves including a scoop slam and a gutwrench suplex. Just when it looks like Jazz is about to secure the victory, Victoria counters a running powerbomb attempt into a headscissors takedown, sending Jazz into the turnbuckle. With Jazz stunned, Victoria hits her signature finishing move, the Widow's Peak, and goes for the cover.
1...2...3!

WINNER AND
STILL WOMEN’S CHAMPION: VICTORIA
via pinfall in 05:34

As the referee hands Victoria the Women's Championship, the arena erupts with cheers, celebrating her hard-fought victory and successful title defense. With her hand raised in triumph, Victoria basks in the adulation of the crowd, holding her championship high above her head as a symbol of her dominance. However, the celebration is short-lived. Out of nowhere, Molly Holly emerges from the crowd, disguised with a wig covering her freshly-shaved head. Without any warning, Molly viciously clubs Victoria from behind, sending her crashing to the mat. The crowd gasps in shock as Molly continues her assault, raining down punches on Victoria while screaming, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" The reference to Victoria shaving Molly Holly's head the previous night at WrestleMania XX is clear, and Molly is out for revenge. Ignoring the boos and jeers from the crowd, Molly grabs Victoria by the hair, dragging around the mat. With a sinister smile breaking across her face, Molly smashes the Women's Championship into Victoria's face, further punishing the champion. Standing tall over the fallen Women's Champion, Molly's smile fades, replaced by a look of disgust and contempt. She coldly places the Women's Championship back around Victoria's waist, as if marking her territory and sending a chilling message.

The atmosphere inside the arena grows tense as the lights dim, signaling the arrival of a force to be reckoned with. The haunting chants of "Who's Next?" echo throughout the space, sending chills down the spines of everyone in attendance. A burst of pyrotechnics illuminates the stage, and the powerful theme of "Invasion" blares over the speakers. Emerging from the backstage area with an intense glare in his eyes, Goldberg makes his way to the ring. His iconic black and white trunks shimmer under the arena lights, and his imposing physique draws gasps from the crowd. The energy in the room is palpable as fans rise to their feet, eagerly anticipating the destruction that Goldberg is known to deliver. Goldberg marches down the ramp with purpose, each step echoing his determination and focus. As he reaches the ring, he ascends the steel steps, pausing for a moment to survey the crowd. With a thunderous roar, he enters the ring, his eyes locked on his opponent for the night, Rico.

Inside the ring, Rico awaits Goldberg, trying to maintain his composure despite the overwhelming presence of his formidable opponent. The tension is electric, with the crowd buzzing in anticipation of what promises to be a dominant display from Goldberg.

SINGLES MATCH
GOLDBERG vs. RICO

The referee signals for the bell, and without wasting a single second, Goldberg explodes out of the corner, charging toward Rico with lightning speed. With a thunderous impact, Goldberg delivers a devastating spear, driving Rico into the mat with incredible force. The crowd erupts, knowing what's coming next. With Rico writhing in pain on the canvas, Goldberg rises to his feet, displaying his signature snarl. He grabs Rico by the hair, effortlessly lifting him off the mat and hoisting him into position. With the arena holding its collective breath, Goldberg plants Rico with the Jackhammer, driving him down to the canvas with unmatched power. The referee counts the pinfall.
1...2...3!

WINNER:
GOLDBERG
via pinfall in 0:18

In a blink-and-you'll-miss-it match, Goldberg emerges victorious in just 18 seconds, making a powerful statement with his dominant performance. As the final bell rings, signaling Goldberg's lightning-fast victory over Rico, the intensity in the arena remains palpable. The crowd is still buzzing from the explosive match when Todd Grisham enters the ring, microphone in hand, ready to interview the victorious Goldberg.

"Goldberg, after your victory over Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania last night, the question on everyone's mind is, who's next for Goldberg?" Grisham asks, trying to maintain his composure in the presence of the dominant superstar.

Goldberg's eyes narrow, locking onto Grisham with an intimidating glare. The tension in the air grows thick as Goldberg turns his attention to the camera, his expression fierce and unyielding.

"Stone Cold Steve Austin... YOU'RE NEXT!!!" Goldberg declares, his voice booming throughout the arena.

With that explosive statement, Goldberg shoves the microphone away, making his intentions crystal clear. He exits the ring, climbing through the ropes with purpose, leaving Grisham standing there in awe of the message delivered. Back at the commentary table, JR and The King are momentarily stunned by Goldberg's declaration. JR, however, recovers quickly, referencing the unexpected confrontation between Goldberg and Stone Cold Steve Austin at WrestleMania. "I'm not surprised, King. After what we saw at WrestleMania, it looks like Goldberg has his sights set on Stone Cold."

Cameras cut backstage as Randy Orton is seen preparing for his upcoming appearance, his Intercontinental Championship prominently displayed on a nearby table. Just then, the celebratory sounds of Batista and Flair echo through the hallway as they enter the scene, their newly-won World Tag Team Championships draped over their shoulders. The atmosphere is charged with excitement as the trio of Evolution stand together, a united front showcasing their championship gold. Orton, ever the confident member of the group, picks up his Intercontinental Championship, holding it high as he addresses Batista and Flair. "Look at this," Orton boasts, "Evolution almost holds all the gold. And once Triple H gets healthy, that dominance will be complete." Batista and Flair nod in agreement, sharing in Orton's confidence and vision for Evolution's future. But their curiosity is piqued as they turn their attention to Orton's upcoming "bombshell" announcement. "So, Randy, what's this big bombshell you've been teasing?" Flair asks, his curiosity evident. Orton smirks, enjoying the anticipation he's building. "You'll see," he replies cryptically, "but trust me, it's something that will only elevate the legacy of myself as well as Evolution, proving why Evolution is the most dominant faction in WWE history." With that intriguing promise hanging in the air, the camera zooms in on Orton's confident expression, setting the stage for what promises to be a monumental announcement. As the tension builds, the screen fades to black, signaling a commercial break.

The camera cuts back from the commercial break to the electrifying atmosphere of the Continental Airlines Arena. The opening chords of "Line in the Sand" by Motörhead reverberate throughout the arena, signaling the arrival of Randy Orton. The crowd's reaction is a mix of boos and cheers as Orton confidently makes his way down the ramp, the Intercontinental Championship draped over his shoulder. Dressed in a sharp light blue button-down shirt and black dress pants, Orton exudes confidence and poise with every step. His Intercontinental Championship gleams under the arena lights, symbolizing his status as one of WWE's top talents. As Orton steps through the ropes, he holds his championship high, showcasing it to the crowd and adding fuel to their jeers. JR and The King speculate about the nature of Orton's "impactful announcement" for tonight, as Orton's victorious performance with Batista and Ric Flair against the Rock 'n' Sock Connection at WrestleMania is recapped. Climbing the turnbuckle, Orton strikes his iconic "Legend Killer" pose, amplifying the crowd's disdain. He then retrieves a microphone, signaling for silence as he prepares to address the audience.

"You see this?" Orton says, holding up his Intercontinental Championship for all to see. "This championship right here is a symbol of excellence, of greatness. It's a title that legends have held, and I've proven time and time again that I am the best to ever hold it." Orton smirks, pausing for a moment to let his words sink in before continuing. "Last night at WrestleMania, I defeated Mick Foley. I ended a legend, I pinned his shoulders to this mat and I proved that the so-called 'hardcore legend' was no match for the Legend Killer. And tonight, I stand before you with a new target in sight."

The crowd erupts into cheers and chants, sensing what's coming next. Orton takes a deep breath, relishing the moment before delivering his next bombshell.

"I WANT THE ROCK!" Orton declares with venom in his voice, sending the crowd into a frenzy. The chants for The Rock fill the arena, echoing Orton's challenge and adding to the electric atmosphere. "Rock, you're one of the greatest of all time," Orton admits, "But every legend has their end, every icon falls. And I want to be the one to end your story. I want the honor, the privilege, of adding your name to my list of conquered legends."

Orton's eyes narrow, his gaze piercing through the camera as if directly challenging The Rock himself.

"So, Rock, here's my challenge to you: Come to Raw next week, or if fate puts me on SmackDown after the draft, then SmackDown it is. Meet me face-to-face in this ring, man-to-man, legend-to-legend. Give me your answer, give these people what they want, and let's make history."

The crowd's excitement reaches a fever pitch, their cheers and chants for The Rock filling the arena with anticipation. Orton stands tall, his challenge laid out, waiting for The Rock's response and ready to make his mark on WWE history once again.

"And Rock," Orton adds with a sly grin, "Next week we will see if you're the People's Champion or the People's Bitch."

With his bold challenge laid out for The Rock, Randy Orton drops the microphone, his smirk never leaving his face. He exits the ring gracefully, championship in hand, as his theme music plays in the background. The camera captures Orton's confident stride up the ramp, pausing briefly to strike his "Legend Killer" pose at the top before disappearing backstage.

Back at the commentary table, JR and The King are quick to react to Orton's audacious challenge. "Good grief, King! Randy Orton has just thrown down the gauntlet to The Rock!" JR exclaims, clearly stunned by the audacity of Orton's challenge. "You've got to hand it to Orton, JR. He's not afraid to make waves, and challenging The Rock? That's as big as it gets!" The King chimes in, clearly intrigued by the potential showdown.

The atmosphere inside the arena shifts, growing more intense as the opening chords of "Live for the Moment" by Monster Magnet fill the air. The crowd's energy spikes, signaling the arrival of Matt Hardy. With a burst of energy, Hardy emerges from the backstage area, his eyes focused and determined. He acknowledges the fans, raising his arms in the air to hype up the crowd. He makes his way down the ramp, slapping hands with eager fans along the way, soaking in their support. As Hardy approaches the ring, he climbs the ring steps and stands on the apron for a moment, pausing to take in the scene. He then leaps over the top rope, landing inside the ring with a determined look on his face. He paces back and forth, warming up and mentally preparing for the match ahead, knowing full well the challenge he faces against the angered Chris Jericho.

The arena darkens, and a hush falls over the crowd, anticipation building as the opening chords of "Break The Walls Down" blast through the speakers. The excitement is palpable as Chris Jericho bursts onto the stage, his face a mask of anger and determination. He strides down the ramp, eyes locked forward, focused solely on the upcoming match. As Jericho reaches the ring, the tension is broken by the sudden appearance of Christian and Trish Stratus on the stage. Christian smirks, holding Trish close. Trish then steps forward, waving at Jericho with a teasing smile. "Good luck tonight, Chris. This one's for you," Trish grabs Christian and they share a passionate kiss. Jericho's anger boils over, his face turning red as he shouts angrily at Christian and Trish, clearly distracted and thrown off his game. Before he can react further, Matt Hardy seizes the opportunity, launching himself from behind and taking Jericho down with a vicious attack to kick off the match.

The bell rings, and the referee signals for the match to officially begin.

SINGLES MATCH
CHRIS JERICHO vs. MATT HARDY

Both competitors lock eyes, fully aware of the stakes of this high-profile matchup. Jericho and Hardy circle each other cautiously before engaging in a collar-and-elbow tie-up. The two jockey for position, with Jericho gaining the early advantage by transitioning into a wrist lock. Hardy counters with a quick arm drag, sending Jericho to the mat. He follows up with a series of stomps and elbow drops, targeting Jericho's arm. Hardy maintains control, grounding Jericho with a side headlock, trying to wear down his opponent. Jericho manages to fight back, creating separation with a jawbreaker. Seizing the moment, Jericho delivers a snap suplex, planting Hardy firmly on the mat. He follows up with a running bulldog, gaining momentum. As the match progresses, both competitors exchange blows, showcasing their resilience and determination. Hardy attempts a Twist of Fate, but Jericho counters with a back body drop. Jericho then goes for the Walls of Jericho, but Hardy manages to roll through, escaping the submission hold. The action spills outside the ring, with Hardy delivering a jawbreaker on the ring apron. He attempts to capitalize by slamming Jericho into the barricade, but Jericho reverses and sends Hardy crashing into the steel steps. Back inside the ring, Jericho climbs the turnbuckle, looking to deliver a high-flying maneuver. He connects with a flying crossbody, but Hardy manages to kick out at two. The resilience of both competitors is on full display, as neither is willing to give an inch. With the clock ticking down, Jericho starts to build momentum, hitting a Lionsault on Hardy. Instead of going for the pin, Jericho opts to lock in the Walls of Jericho, cinching it in tight in the center of the ring.

Hardy struggles, reaching desperately for the ropes, but Jericho has him locked in the middle of the ring. With no other option, Hardy taps out, signaling the end of the match. The bell rings, confirming Jericho as the winner of this hard-fought contest.

WINNER:
CHRIS JERICHO
via submission in 11:45

As Jericho releases the Walls of Jericho, he rises to his feet, his eyes locked on Christian and Trish Stratus. The tension in the arena is palpable as Jericho beckons Christian with an outstretched arm.

Jericho: "Christian! Be a man! Get in here and fight!"

Trish, with a microphone in hand, smirks as she steps closer to the ring ropes, her eyes gleaming with confidence.

Trish: "You see, Chris, before you could ever screw me over, I was already one step ahead of you. This whole thing, this little obsession you had with me, it was all a bet. You thought I was just another conquest, didn't you?"

She pauses, letting the words sink in before continuing.

Trish: "All this time you were chasing after me, thinking you had a chance, when in reality, you were never even in my league. I wanted a 'real man,' someone who knows how to treat a woman right. That's Christian."

Christian smirks, nodding in agreement as he stands beside Trish.

Trish: "And let me tell you something else, Chris. With Christian by my side, we're going straight to the top. He's going to be the World Heavyweight Champion, and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it."

Christian is handed the microphone from Trish, a cocky grin spreading across his face as he addresses the WWE Universe.

Christian: "Trish is absolutely right. I am destined to be the World Heavyweight Champion, and there's not a damn thing anyone can do to stop it."

He smirks, casting a disdainful glance towards Jericho before continuing.

Christian: "You see, Trish didn't want some assclown like Jericho. She wanted a man who's rough, who's dirty, someone like me."

The crowd erupts into a chorus of boos and starts a "CLB" chant, but Christian waves them off, dismissing their jeers.

Trish: "Shut up! All of you women out there, you're just jealous of me. And you men? You're all jealous of Christian because he has me. Face it, you're all just losers, just like Chris Jericho."

Christian and Trish share a smug look, reveling in the heat from the crowd as they stand united, their confidence unwavering in the face of their adversaries. Christian smirks, eyeing Jericho with a look of disdain as he continues with his diatribe.

Christian: "You know what, Jericho? Maybe it's best if we're drafted to separate brands. I don't want to waste any more time with you. And let's face it, you'll never get any 'Stratusfaction'."

The tension reaches a boiling point as Christian and Trish lean in for a kiss, their lips just inches apart. But before they can seal the moment, Jericho bursts into action, charging down the ramp and tackling Christian to the ground. The arena erupts as Jericho unleashes a furious assault on Christian, landing a barrage of punches. Trish attempts to intervene, but Jericho seizes her by the hair, pulling her into the ring to the delight of the crowd. Without hesitation, Jericho locks Trish in the Walls of Jericho, but his moment of triumph is short-lived as Christian strikes him from behind with a steel chair. Trish, seizing the opportunity, hits Jericho with a devastating chick kick and then proceeds to direct Christian to deliver the Unprettier onto the steel chair. With a resounding crash, Jericho is left sprawled out in the ring, motionless. Trish and Christian share a triumphant kiss, standing tall over the fallen Jericho, basking in the boos and jeers from the crowd. With their message sent loud and clear, Trish and Christian exit the ring, leaving Jericho behind in their wake of chaos and controversy.

Back from commercial break and Spike Dudley is shown in the ring ready for the upcoming match. The arena dims as the haunting red lights of Kane's entrance illuminate the stage. The ominous chords of his theme song echo throughout the arena, signaling the arrival of The Big Red Machine. Kane emerges from the smoke and flames, his menacing presence casting a shadow over the entire arena. The crowd watches in awe and trepidation as Kane makes his way down the ramp.

SINGLES MATCH
SPIKE DUDLEY vs. KANE

As the bell rings, Spike Dudley wastes no time, charging at Kane with a flurry of punches and kicks, trying to use his speed to his advantage. However, Kane effortlessly swats him away, showcasing his sheer power and dominance. Kane takes control of the match, delivering a devastating series of power moves. He grabs Spike by the throat, lifting him high into the air before slamming him down with a vicious Chokeslam. Spike is unable to mount any significant offense against the overwhelming force of Kane. Kane delivers the final blow, executing a thunderous Tombstone Piledriver on Spike. Kane makes the cover, and the referee counts to three.

WINNER:
KANE
via pinfall in 1:21

After securing the victory, Kane's expression remains cold and emotionless. He grabs Spike Dudley once again, hoisting him up for another Chokeslam. Kane mercilessly slams Spike to the mat for a second time, ensuring his dominance is felt. But Kane isn't finished yet. He continues his assault, delivering a devastating series of stomps and strikes to Spike, leaving him battered and motionless in the center of the ring. The referee tries to intervene, but Kane pushes him aside, intent on inflicting more punishment. The crowd watches in horror as Kane stands tall, his dark presence filling the arena, lifting Spike Dudley and executing another TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER. Kane is seething as more referees come and check out Spike Dudley before being stretchered out of the arena.

As the camera lingers on the aftermath of Kane's brutal assault, Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler can be seen at ringside, their expressions a mix of shock and concern. "You're right, JR. That wasn't a match; that was a one-sided beatdown. You have to wonder if this is Kane's way of venting his frustrations after his loss to his brother, The Undertaker, at WrestleMania XX," King observes. Jim Ross responds, "Absolutely, King. Kane suffered a devastating defeat at the hands of The Undertaker last night. It's clear that he's taking out his frustrations on anyone who stands in his way. The Big Red Machine is more dangerous than ever, and the WWE Superstars better take notice."

The camera then cuts back to the ring, focusing on the battered body of Spike Dudley, a stark reminder of the merciless onslaught unleashed by Kane.

The atmosphere inside the arena is electric, with fans buzzing in anticipation of the main event. The opening chords of Shawn Michaels' legendary entrance theme, "Sexy Boy," reverberate throughout the venue, sending the crowd into a frenzy of cheers. A spotlight illuminates the entrance ramp, revealing Shawn Michaels dressed in his vibrant red and white wrestling gear, shimmering under the arena lights. With a beaming smile, HBK strides down the ramp, reaching out to touch hands with enthusiastic fans at ringside. Their chants of "HBK! HBK!" echo loudly as Michaels feeds off the energy, his iconic charisma captivating every corner of the arena. Upon reaching the ring, he ascends the steps and stands atop the turnbuckle, striking his iconic pose, further igniting the crowd's excitement.

As Michaels' music fades, the intense theme of Chris Benoit begins to play, signaling the arrival of the World Heavyweight Champion. Benoit walks down the entrance ramp, his red and blue wrestling gear reflecting his Canadian heritage and showcasing his champion status. With a determined expression, Benoit acknowledges the cheers from the crowd, exchanging respectful nods with fans as he makes his way to the ring. Inside the ring, Benoit raises the prestigious World Heavyweight Championship belt high, showcasing the prize he's determined to defend. The intensity in his eyes matches the gravity of the championship match ahead, as he prepares to face off against a revered opponent in Shawn Michaels. With both competitors ready, the referee presents the World Heavyweight Championship belt, emphasizing the high stakes of this epic main event on the last Raw before the WWE Draft this Saturday Night.

XGHGD2KsVO6y8J-3EDo7NsMdw5AUoTUoU-0hBaKv3d__dnZ3aIdaF6OQpDpI0NCUqBtVqI5vzzgmv63KAq6ZoJooDttk3gr02rix-vQd7_CDDosRLRzVkub-UCvD2nfCwtktoaR31Xd_KWINZn5WU_c

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
SHAWN MICHAELS vs. CHRIS BENOIT (c)

The two competitors lock up in a fierce collar-and-elbow tie-up, each trying to gain the early advantage. Benoit uses his technical prowess to transition into a wrist lock, but Michaels counters with a quick arm drag, sending Benoit to the mat. Michaels attempts an early Sweet Chin Music, but Benoit ducks just in time, causing Michaels to miss and nearly stumble. Both men reset, circling each other cautiously. Benoit retaliates with a series of stiff chops to Michaels' chest, echoing throughout the arena. Michaels fights back with a couple of his own chops, prompting a loud reaction from the crowd. The two continue to exchange strikes, showcasing their resilience and determination. Michaels manages to gain the upper hand with a knee lift, followed by a scoop slam that plants Benoit firmly onto the canvas. Michaels takes to the top rope, looking for an early high-risk maneuver. He leaps, connecting with a flying elbow drop, driving the wind out of Benoit. Michaels goes for the pin, but Benoit kicks out at two, showing his championship mettle.

The match intensifies as Benoit counters a second Sweet Chin Music attempt with a dragon screw leg whip, targeting Michaels' knee. Sensing an opportunity, Benoit relentlessly focused his attack on Michaels' injured knee, delivering a series of punishing kicks and knee drops. Despite the pain, Michaels manages to counter a sharpshooter attempt into a small package pin, getting a close two-count. Both men get to their feet, exchanging blows once again. Michaels connects with a flying forearm, followed by a kip-up, signaling the momentum shift. Michaels attempts to capitalize with a scoop slam, but Benoit counters into a Crossface attempt. Michaels narrowly escapes, rolling Benoit into a pinning predicament for another near fall. The crowd is on the edge of their seats, the atmosphere electric with each near fall. Benoit, undeterred, catches Michaels with a snap suplex, followed by a diving headbutt from the top rope. Benoit goes for the cover, but Michaels manages to kick out at the last second. Both men are visibly exhausted but continue to fight on, trading blows in the center of the ring. Michaels summons his energy and delivers a Sweet Chin Music out of nowhere, staggering Benoit. With the crowd roaring, Michaels slowly goes for the cover, but Benoit kicks out just before the three-count. Seizing the moment, Benoit ducks ANOTHER SWEET CHIN MUSIC and kicks HBKs injured knee, buckling Michaels and locks in the Crippler Crossface, wrenching back with all his might. Michaels struggles, reaching desperately for the ropes, but the pain is too much. With no other option, Michaels reluctantly taps out, handing Benoit the hard-fought victory by submission, retaining the World Heavyweight Championship.

WINNER:
CHRIS BENOIT
via pinfall in 17:24 to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

As the bell rings and the referee hands Chris Benoit his World Heavyweight Championship, there's a mutual nod of respect between the two competitors. Shawn Michaels, the valiant challenger, extends his hand, and Benoit accepts, their handshake symbolizing the respect between two of the best wrestlers in WWE who gave their all. Michaels exits the ring, giving Benoit his moment of celebration and reflection. The crowd erupts in cheers, acknowledging the incredible display of athleticism and sportsmanship they've just witnessed. Benoit, standing tall with his championship, raises it high in the air, basking in the adoration of the fans.

Just when it seems like the night's festivities are reaching a heartwarming conclusion, Triple H slides into the ring, catching Benoit completely off guard, clubbing him in the back of the head from behind. To a thunderous amount of boos, Triple H rips the sling off and laughs. In a swift and brutal move, Triple H delivers a devastating Pedigree to Benoit, laying out the champion and leaving the fans in stunned silence. But The Game isn't satisfied with just one assault. He grabs a steel chair from ringside and ruthlessly strikes Benoit across the face, opening a deep and bloody gash. The assault escalates as Triple H lifts the World Heavyweight Championship, mocking Benoit before delivering another brutal shot to the champion's face with the title belt. With Benoit left battered and bloodied, Triple H sets up the steel chair, positioning Benoit's head on it, and delivers a final, devastating Pedigree onto the unforgiving steel. The once-celebratory atmosphere has been shattered, replaced by shock and horror as Triple H stands tall over a fallen Benoit.

END OF SHOW

Last edited:

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
THURSDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
Thursday March 18, 2004
Fleet Center
Boston, Massachusetts

Episode #240

”Mental” blasts in a sold out in Boston, Massachusetts as the General Manager Paul Heyman smugingly makes his way out to the stage as the crowd boos the life out of him as Heyman just stares and smiles waiting for the eruption in the Fleet Center to die down a bit. Heyman begins by announcing that a little birdie told him that Brock Lesnar has signed a NEW contract with World Wrestling Entertainment regardless of the rumors and Lesnar WILL be eligible to be drafted on Saturday Night. Heyman transitions into saying on Saturday Night history will be made because the landscape of WWE and Thursday Night Smackdown will change forever. “But before we get to Saturday we still have tonight.” Heyman says he is making tonight a Smackdown NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS! Where every championship will be defended. Heyman lists the matches and they show up in match graphics;
  • Cruiserweight Championship Battle Royal
  • WWE Tag Team Championships Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty [c] vs. APA
  • United States Championship John Cena [c] vs. The Big Show
  • WWE Championship Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle II

The crowd gives Heyman some credit and cheers on the matches announced. Heyman doesn’t waste any time and says the first match will be for the WWE Tag Team Championships. “Protection” hits as the challengers Bradshaw and Farooq pass Heyman as the GM waltzes to the back as the APA make their way to the ring to a decent ovation. These men are looking to avenge not winning the WWE Tag Team Championships last Sunday in the Fatal Four Way match. “Turn it up” rings out as the current WWE Tag Team Champions, Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty make their way to the ring as they look ecstatic as they successfully retained the titles last Sunday at Wrestlemania. Both men walk through the ropes and pose for the crowd as Bradshaw and Farooq look on. Scotty and Rikishi hand the Tag Team gold to the ref and the ref raises the titles high in the air as the bell rings and this title match is underway.

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
RIKISHI & SCOTTY 2 HOTTY (c) vs. A.P.A.

Quick start as both teams look to get the upper hand in the early part of the contest but it soon settles down into a power contest between Rikishi and both members of the A.P.A. which Bradshaw and Faarooq get the upper hand over. In control, the A.P.A. look to wear down Rikishi and frustrate Scotty who is waiting for a tag on the outside but cannot reach his partner to make one. With more experience as a team, Faarooq and Bradshaw cut the ring off and even when Rikishi attempts to fight back, they are able to make a quick tag and get control back in the contest. Interestingly, the desperation to be Tag Team Champions appears to bring out the darker side of Bradshaw as he catches Scotty with a right hand to deny him a tag opportunity which generates a little booing for him. However, with the Tag Team Championships on the line, it is maybe understandable as Cole and Tazz debate the tactics of Bradshaw.

The hot tag finally comes when Rikishi hits a Samoan Drop to Faarooq. As Bradshaw holds his head in his hands, Rikishi crawls over towards Scotty and Bradshaw is tagged in by Faarooq … but he is too late to stop Rikishi tagging in Scotty! Looking for revenge after Bradshaw clocked him earlier, Scotty uses his speed and agility to ground the big men on the challenger team. Unfortunately, this momentum is curtailed when Bradshaw avoids Scotty’s drop kick and hits a DDT instead that swings the momentum back to the challengers. Now, Scotty is the one targeted but he kicks out every time he is pinned down and somehow takes the punishment being dished out by Bradshaw and Faarooq. However, Scotty finally hits the drop kick he wanted earlier and takes down Bradshaw who stumbles and makes the tag to Faarooq. Entering the ring, Faarooq grabs Scotty but his clothesline misses and Scotty again hits a drop kick before crashing Faarooq down face first. As Scotty prepares for the Worm, the crowd get to their feet and Rikishi, back on his feet, leads the encouragement. W … O … R … M … Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! SCOTTY HITS THE WORM ON FAAROOQ! The tag is made to Rikishi and he slams Faarooq down in the corner before climbing to the middle rope … BANZAI DROP! Bradshaw watches from the corner helplessly as the referee makes the 3 count … and the Tag Team Champions retain their gold!

WINNERS:
Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty
via pinfall in 08:24 to retain the WWE Tag Team Championships

Huge win for Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty as they survive the challenge of one of the most experienced and brutal teams the WWE has to offer here tonight. They celebrate their victory and hold their title belts high as they back off up the aisle but there is another development here in the ring as Bradshaw looks down on Faarooq shaking his head. What is this all about? CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! Bradshaw smashes his long term partner with his Clothesline from Hell and stands over him as the crowd jeer their disapproval. Bradshaw points a finger at Faarooq and yells out that he has held him back for far too long before dragging him back to his feet … CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL AGAIN! Boos ring around the Fleet Center, what is happening to Bradshaw right now? A look of intense dislike in his eyes, Bradshaw heads out of the ring and grabs a steel chair now before getting back into the ring and punishing the hell out of Faarooq! Over and over, he smashes the chair over Faarooq’s back and drives it into his ribs until Faarooq, beaten to a pulp, is coughing up blood and WWE officials finally put a stop to the madness! Boos ring out as Bradshaw exits with a look of disappointment on his face here. Is this the end of the A.P.A. here in the WWE?

l4T6gBnWWuG46mnyEt8SQV-3OeHzwnPIeGkiQwuZMUVu4GmkVo0MeN2Xu40E-uwbrhzhoXyIzvkMgf8NmWLKTzx56jaMWkh9xxfZVCrF7LEi6HIvbkzhRj2WDV-WxpxxzHi3ne-C5t9HGHMqpzX74-g

SMACKDOWN returns with footage of Faarooq being helped out of the ring on a stretcher; Michael Cole and Tazz remain in shock over what they just witnessed here tonight and replays of Bradshaw’s horrific attack on his partner are shown before we head backstage to Terri who is now interviewing Big Show. She asks Show for his thoughts on tonight’s United States Championship rematch against John Cena and whether or not he believes Cena’s home crowd advantage will impact. Show laughs off this suggestion, he says that during 2004, he has been dominant so far and has destroyed every single person he has faced in the ring – except for Sunday night at WrestleMania and John Cena. Show suggests that he underestimated Cena on Sunday and that being in Cena’s home state is perfect for him tonight as it will ensure that he hits the ring at 100%. “Lightning doesn’t strike twice,” Show tells Terri, “I’m getting my title back tonight!”

“Basic Thuganomics' ' to a huge ovation, the new United States Champion makes his way out in front of his home fans with a huge grin on his face and looks to be unruffled by the words of Big Show as he makes his way down towards the ring. With the Boston crowd on their feet, Cena slides into the ring with the US Championship wrapped around his shoulder and poses in the corner holding it high before taking the microphone. With his green Boston Celtics vest over his jean shorts, Cena begins to rap and includes such topics as the WWE Draft this Saturday, making Boston proud, being the new United States Champion, defeating the “giant ape” for a second time tonight. Cena puts the mic down as well as his chains. He hands the US title to the ref as “BIG '' blasts through the airwaves as the mass of humanity and former United States Champion, The Big Show marches his way to the ring seeking retribution after last Sunday’s Wrestlemania loss to John Cena. Climbing over the top rope with ease, Show gets right into Cena’s face and, to his credit, the champion refuses to back off and stands up to the challenge.

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
JOHN CENA (c) vs. BIG SHOW

Big Show looks determinedly at Cena who smirks across the ring at his challenger as if taunting him over his loss at WrestleMania. This proves not to be a good idea though as Show dominates the early stages and uses his power and strength to take Cena down and keep him there. The crowd are fully behind the plucky champion but Show keeps him down as SMACKDOWN heads into a commercial break with the United States Championship in real jeopardy …

When SMACKDOWN returns, footage is shown of Show continuing his dominance of the US Champion here tonight as he punishes Cena around the outside of the ring. Smashing him back into the barricades, Show slams Cena down on the mats and reacts angrily to some fans as they give him grief at ringside. With his face looking angry, Show looks to punish Cena even further as the live cameras return; he rams Cena shoulder first into the ring post before tossing him back into the ring. Things are looking bleak for Cena as the crowd attempt to rally behind him again with a “Cena! Cena!” chant but Show, for the first time, smirks as he prepares to take Cena down once and for all. To the delight of the crowd, Cena fights back though as Show attempts the Chokeslam; he throws a barrage of right hands to the challenger instead and staggers Show back against the ropes.

As the fight evens out a little more, Cena and Show slug it out and it heads towards completion with the title in the balance. Cena looks to lift Show into the FU but he cannot lift the 500 pound Giant and sinks to his knees instead. CHOKESLAM! Out of nowhere, Big Show choke slams Cena down to the mat and the crowd look on in horror as Show covers Cena to win the title; 1 … 2 … 3! NO! Cena kicks out at the last moment to the amazement of the fans and particularly Show! Angrily, Show rips his singlet down to his waist and sets himself again ready to hit the Chokeslam once again. As Cena staggers up, Show grabs him by the throat again but Cena, desperately trying to retain his title, fights back and shoves Show away. As Show is shoved aside, his elbow collides with the referee’s head and knocks him backwards to the mat. As Show looks down at the referee, this gives Cena the momentary lapse he needs. Ducking down in the corner, Cena grabs the chain and, for the second United States Championship match in a row, he clocks Big Show in the side of the head with the chain! As the crowd cheers this, Cena again attempts to lift Big Show onto his shoulders … FU! CENA HITS THE FU! As the referee, clutching the side of his head, turns back around and sees Cena covering the Giant … 1 … 2 … 3! Cena retains the United States Championship here tonight!

WINNER:
John Cena
via pinfall in 15:22 to retain the United States Championship

As the crowd pops for Cena picking up the victory here tonight, the United States Champion grabs his title and slides out of the ring to celebrate with the fans at ringside here tonight. Coming to his senses, Show looks furious as he realises that he has been screwed out of the United States title by Cena once again through use of the chain. Laughing, Cena holds his United States title high as the crowd mobs around him and he taunts Big Show who grabs the referee in frustration. However, the referee escapes and leaves Show yelling angrily in the ring whilst Cena exits up the ramp taking in the adulation of the home state crowd. A huge win for Cena here tonight as he retains the US Championship in his first defense but what next for the “Doctor of Thuganomics” moving forward? A graphic appears as the Undertaker is in action NEXT on Smackdown!!

l4T6gBnWWuG46mnyEt8SQV-3OeHzwnPIeGkiQwuZMUVu4GmkVo0MeN2Xu40E-uwbrhzhoXyIzvkMgf8NmWLKTzx56jaMWkh9xxfZVCrF7LEi6HIvbkzhRj2WDV-WxpxxzHi3ne-C5t9HGHMqpzX74-g

WWE DRAFT AD

We see Hardcore Holly inside the ring getting set for action.

As Paul Bearer leads The Undertaker, who extended his WrestleMania streak to 12-0 last Sunday when he defeated Kane, towards the ring, the crowd holds their lighters up. As the Deadman slowly makes his way towards the ring, he turns and steps up onto the steel steps and raises his arms to bring back the lights to a huge pop from the crowd before stepping through the ropes. Removing his hat and coat, Undertaker hands them to Paul Bearer before turning to face his opponent here tonight, Hardcore Holly. Delighted with his return, the crowd chants “Un-der-ta-ker!” as the bell rings.

SINGLES MATCH
THE UNDERTAKER vs. HARDCORE HOLLY

For the opening minutes, the two men right hands Undertaker takes advantage with shot after shot as the deadman is looking strong as the crowd is behind the Undertaker. Undertaker goes for an early chokeslam but Holly escapes and goes on the offense for a minute or so as Holly is trying to bring Taker down to size. Holly goes for an irish whip to the corner but Taker reverses and whips Holly into the corner. Taker charges and hits a devastating clothesline knocking Holly for a loop. Taker grabs Holly in tombstone position but hits snake eyes bouncing Holly off the turnbuckle face first. Taker off the ropes and bounces back with a huge big boot. Taker goozles Holly with a huge chokeslam and then lifts Holly up for a tombstone for the win.

WINNER:
The Undertaker
via PINFALL in 04:37

A successful Smackdown return here tonight for The Undertaker and he strikes his pose in the ring as Paul Bearer glorifies his victory here tonight. After defeating Kane at WrestleMania, Michael Cole and Tazz wonder and hope the Undertaker stays on Smackdown. With the draft coming up Undertaker could be on the move.

When SMACKDOWN returns, Michael Cole and Tazz recap the earlier shocking events that followed the A.P.A. and their loss to Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty earlier tonight when Bradshaw, frustrated with how things turned out, attacked his long term partner Faarooq. We are shown exclusive footage of Bradshaw watching backstage as Faarooq is loaded into an ambulance with clear injuries sustained from Bradshaw’s attack on him earlier tonight. Cole reports that Faarooq has suffered cracked ribs as well as a concussion and that Terri Runnels attempted to get a word from Bradshaw afterwards.

Terri approaches Bradshaw, microphone in hand, eager to uncover the motivation behind his shocking attack on his former partner, Farooq. "Bradshaw, can you shed some light on why you targeted Farooq?" she asks.

Bradshaw looks at Terri with a steely gaze, refusing to offer any specifics. "It's been almost three years since the A.P.A. last held the Tag Team Championships," he says cryptically. "It's time to face the facts; we're no longer a force to be reckoned with in the Tag Team division."

Unsatisfied with his vague response, Terri presses Bradshaw for more details. "Why now? What prompted this sudden change?"

Bradshaw sighs, clearly frustrated. "I'm tired of being stuck in the shadow of the tag team division," he declares. "I've proven myself time and time again, and I refuse to be pigeonholed as just a tag team competitor." With a determined look in his eyes, Bradshaw issues a bold proclamation. "In the coming weeks and months, whether I end up on RAW or SmackDown, I'm putting both locker rooms on notice. The era of Bradshaw is beginning, and mark my words, I will be a future World Champion."

Back ringside we see a handful of cruiserweight competitors in the ring getting ready for the battle royal to determine the rightful Cruiserweight champion. “Booyaka” plays as Rey Mysterio pops out of the stage area and heads towards the ring to much delight from the crowd. Mysterio gets into the ring along with his other competitors as everyone awaits the Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero. “Chavo Adriente” hits as the Cruiserweight Champion who was successful in defending his title in a Cruiserweight Open at Wrestlemania will have another obstacle to overcome. An over the top rope battle royal for the prestigious gold. Chavo Sr. accompanies his son Chavo and the champion walks through the ropes and taunts each man in the ring by holding up the gold as the ref takes it and we are set to start this Battle Royal on Smackdown night of champions!!!

“OVER THE TOP ROPE” BATTLE ROYALE
CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

BILLY KIDMAN vs. FUNAKI vs. JAMIE NOBLE vs. CHAVO GUERRERO [c] vs. REY MYSTERIO vs. SHANNON MOORE vs. SPIKE DUDLEY vs. TAJIRI with Akio vs. ULTIMO DRAGON

Early on in this matchup there are quick eliminations in this one as the field is whittled down to just four men remaining by the 3:00 mark – these four men are Mysterio, Tajiri, Kidman and Chavo. As they pair off, Mysterio and Chavo fight in one corner whilst Tajiri and Kidman do battle in the opposite corner. Later in the matchup, Tajiri and Kidman both eliminated one another after Kidamn hit a charging crossbody block when Tajiri was leaning on the ropes and Kidman’s momentum took him over the top and to the floor. The final two are set, Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio as most fans probably have predicted. Chavo and Rey manage to pull out all the spots and have a good 3 or so minutes of back and forth action. Chavo Sr. gets on the apron to try and distract Mysterio. Mysterio dropkicks the legs of Chavo Sr. as Chavo Sr. goes down to the floor. Chavo charges, Rey Mysterio hits a drop toe hold. 619…..CONNECTS!!! Rey set up on the apron goes to leap but CHAVO SR. grabs Rey's leg and pulls him to the outside to the floor leading to a Chavo Guerrero retaining the title.

WINNER:
Chavo Guerrero
via over the top rope in 9:23 to retain the Cruiserweight Championship

After the hard-fought battle, Chavo Guerrero stands victorious in the center of the ring, the Cruiserweight Championship held high above his head. The arena is filled with the deafening boos, as Rey Mysterio got screwed by Chavo Classic tonight. Chavo Classic raises his son's arm in triumph, proud of the legacy that Chavo Guerrero has continued to uphold.

The Boston fans erupt in cheers, their excitement palpable as the first chords of Eddie Guerrero's entrance theme, "Viva La Raza," fill the arena. A stunning yellow lowrider makes its grand entrance from the side of the arena, slowly cruising towards the stage area, capturing everyone's attention. As the lowrider reaches the stage, it stops, and the driver's side door swings open. Eddie Guerrero emerges, stepping out with his trademark swagger. Around his waist gleams the prestigious WWE Championship, reflecting the arena's lights and drawing everyone's gaze. Dressed in his green and gold wrestling gear, topped with an "ADDICTED TO THE HEAT" shirt, Eddie looks every bit the champion he is. With a wide grin on his face, he takes a moment to soak in the electric atmosphere, raising his arms to pump up the crowd even more. He slaps his chest a few times, a playful gesture that has become synonymous with his entrances, before breaking into a lively shimmy, dancing along to the rhythm of his theme song. The WWE Championship around his waist shines brightly, emphasizing his status as the top champion in the company.

Making his way towards the ring, Eddie continues to interact with the fans, slapping hands and sharing high-fives with those lucky enough to be at ringside. His connection with the audience is undeniable, and the cheers grow louder with every step he takes. Reaching the ring apron, Eddie pauses for a moment, looking out at the sea of fans who have come to see him perform. He removes his shirt, tossing it into the crowd as a keepsake for one lucky fan. Finally, Eddie climbs the ring steps and steps through the ropes, standing tall in the center of the ring. He raises his arms, once again acknowledging the fans, who respond with deafening cheers and chants of "Eddie! Eddie!"

After a momentary pause following Eddie Guerrero's entrance, the unmistakable sound of "Medal" fills the arena, signaling the arrival of Kurt Angle. The crowd's reaction is mixed, with cheers and boos echoing throughout the venue, reflecting the polarizing nature of "The American Hero." As the first chords of his theme song blare, a quartet of vibrant fireworks explodes from the stage, illuminating the arena and signaling the beginning of Angle's entrance. The patriotic display adds a touch of spectacle to his arrival. Dressed in his iconic red, white, navy blue, and gold camouflage singlet, Angle appears focused and determined. His steely gaze is fixed straight ahead, not wavering as he advances down the ramp towards the ring. The seriousness in his demeanor is evident, clearly indicating that he is here for one reason: to reclaim the WWE Championship. The WWE Championship belt around Eddie Guerrero's waist glimmers in the spotlight, catching Angle's eye as he approaches the ring. The sight seems to fuel his intensity even more, reminding him of the prize that awaits the winner of this highly anticipated championship encounter. Reaching the ring, Angle climbs the steel steps, pausing momentarily to glance around the arena, taking in the electric atmosphere. He wipes his feet on the ring apron before stepping through the ropes, locking eyes with Guerrero in a tense staredown. Inside the ring, both competitors stand face to face, the tension palpable as they prepare for battle. Senior official Nick Patrick takes this moment to display the gorgeous WWE Title belt to both competitors and the crowd, reminding everyone of what's at stake in this championship match. With a final glance between Guerrero and Angle, Patrick calls for the bell, signaling the official start of the WWE Championship match.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
EDDIE GUERRERO (c) vs. KURT ANGLE

The bell rings, signaling the start of what promises to be an epic showdown between Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle. Both competitors circle each other cautiously, studying their opponent's movements. Angle makes the first move with a quick leg trip attempt, but Guerrero anticipates it, countering with a swift arm drag that sends Angle to the mat. seizing the moment, Guerrero goes for a quick pin, forcing Angle to kick out at one. Regaining his composure, Angle shifts his focus to Guerrero's left leg, targeting it with a series of knee strikes and applying a submission hold to weaken his opponent. Guerrero grits his teeth, fighting through the pain, and manages to land a few stiff kicks to Angle's midsection. The pace of the match quickens as both men exchange strikes, demonstrating their technical prowess and determination. Guerrero gains momentum, executing a snap suplex that sends Angle crashing to the mat. seizing the opportunity, Guerrero climbs the ropes, attempting a frog splash. However, Angle rolls out of harm's way just in time, and both men are left gasping for air on the mat. Angle capitalizes on Guerrero's missed opportunity by locking in the Ankle Lock, but Guerrero shows his resilience, countering into a roll-up for a near fall.

The action spills to the outside as Guerrero sends Angle crashing into the barricade with an Irish whip. seizing the moment, Guerrero dives off the ring apron with a flying forearm, connecting with Angle and sending him sprawling. Back inside the ring, Guerrero lands a tornado DDT, but Angle manages to kick out at the last possible moment, keeping the match alive. Angle mounted a fierce comeback, executing a series of German suplexes, one after the other, trying to wear Guerrero down. Guerrero, however, counters with a hurricanrana, sending Angle into the corner. seizing the moment, Guerrero climbs to the top rope and nails the frog splash, but Angle somehow manages to kick out at the very last second, leaving the crowd in awe. As both men reach the final minutes of this grueling match, they are visibly exhausted, trading blows in the center of the ring. Guerrero attempts his signature Three Amigos suplexes, connecting with two before Angle counters the third into a belly-to-belly suplex. Angle goes for his Angle Slam, but Guerrero counters with a DDT, stunning Angle. Guerrero summons the last of his energy. He signals for the end, climbing the ropes once again for another frog splash. This time, he connects perfectly, crashing down on Angle. Guerrero hooks the leg, and the referee counts – 1, 2, 3!

WINNER:
Eddie Guerrero
via pinfall in 18:12 to retain the WWE Championship

As “Viva La Raza” begins again and thousands of Bostonians unite to happily celebrate, Eddie Guerrero stumbles to his feet. His footing still less than stellar because of the damage done to his ankle, the El Paso luchador still pleases the crowd with a shimmy. Angle is shown disappointed staring at Guerrero raising the championship as Smackdown goes off the air. See you in 2 days for the WWE DRAFT!!!!

NEXT POST......

** WWE DRAFT **

“ONE-HOUR SPECIAL”
Saturday March 20, 2004

Last edited:

Stojy

Reaction score
Opening the show with Heyman is fine enough to address the draft as well as the state of Smackdown. Makes sense for Lesnar resigning to be a big point of discussion as well. Also want to commend you on the idea of the draft having its own special, I like that idea a lot. I’ve planned two different BTB’s where I’ve planned to make the draft a PPV event, however I never make it far enough into the BTB to make it happen. Night of champions sounds like a big night so we’ve got a stacked card which should be fun. Only match I’m not a huge fan of is the Cruiserweight Battle Royal, just feels like a bit meh to just throw everybody in there again after the gauntlet or Cruiserweight open or whatever they called the match at ‘Mania. Would have preferred something a little different there, but still kudos to you on the booking of this night of champs. With a draft coming up, this could be a purely filler show for a lot of people, so appreciate the effort here.

Tag title match to kick off the in ring action is fine. When I read Bradshaw nailing the right hand to Scotty which got him some heat, I automatically thought heel turn/JBL. The Kish and Scotty get a nice defense for them here, although that’s not the real story. Bradshaw turning on Faarooq is definitely a headline moment, however it would have been nice to build up the signs of Bradshaw slowly getting fed up over a period of time. Feels very out of nowhere, yet the attack sounded savage so looking forward to an explanation from Bradshaw in the coming weeks.

The Big Show’s interview to hype the match was fine, and LOL, can’t blame you for not trying to write out Cena’s rap. Another nice win for Cena, although admittedly I’m not a huge fan of the exact same finish in the same week. Still, overall logical booking here.

Yeah, Undertaker was always squashing Holly here. What happened is exactly what needed to happen.

Bradshaw’s explanation was solid enough. Feel like we’ve covered a LOT in this space tonight.

The Chavo’s working together to screw Mysterio in this Battle Royal was certainly the best way to manage this. They already had a ready made match after how Mania ended, and now this just adds fuel to that fire. Good stuff.

Eddie/Angle is a HUGE match to give away on SD right after Mania, but I’m assuming that means one of these guys will be heading to Raw in the draft. Anyway, Eddie cements himself as the best on the brand here with a really strong defense.

I nitpicked on a few things but overall I’ve really enjoyed the first week of shows here. Looking forward to seeing where we end up at the draft. Good luck with this continuing.

WrestleWizard

Reaction score

*** WWE DRAFT ***
“ONE-HOUR SPECIAL”
Saturday March 20, 2004

The atmosphere inside the theater at Madison Square Garden is absolutely electric, a palpable energy filling the historic venue. The anticipation is high as fans, family members, and WWE superstars alike await the start of the much-anticipated WWE Draft. The camera pans across the crowd, capturing the excitement on every face, before focusing on the stage where Vince McMahon stands, ready to welcome the audience.

"Welcome, everyone, to the WWE Draft!" Vince's voice resonates throughout the theater, capturing the attention of everyone present and viewers at home. "Tonight is where it all begins again. Tonight, history will be made as the landscape of WWE changes forever."

The crowd erupts with cheers, fully aware of the significance of this momentous occasion.

"We will witness new rivalries, superstars finding new homes on different brands, fresh starts for some, and career revitalization for others," Vince continues, his voice filled with excitement. "This is the night where dreams are realized, and legacies are forged."

Vince then turns his attention to the two architects of the draft, the General Managers who will be shaping the future of WWE: Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman.
"Please welcome our General Managers for tonight's draft, representing their respective brands: Eric Bischoff for Raw and Paul Heyman for SmackDown!" Vince announces, prompting applause and cheers from the audience.

With the introductions complete, Vince directs the audience's attention to the screen as the draft rules appear in a sleek graphic reading each one aloud:
  1. Tag teams count as one pick unless a commissioner/general manager specifically only wants a single member from the team as their pick.
  2. The first draft pick will be determined by a coin flip. It will be a snake draft example Raw 1, Smackdown 2, 3, Raw 4, 5, Smackdown 6,7 etc.
  3. There will be 20 overall picks tonight on Raw (10 to Raw, 10 to Smackdown) There will be a supplemental draft which will take place over on wwe.com after the show also picked by each GM.
"So, without further ado, let the WWE Draft begin!" Vince exclaims

Vince holds up the coin for everyone to see, the WWE logo glinting under the lights on one side and the "WWE Draft" along with the date on the other.

"Raw, you're up first," Vince says, nodding to the Eric Bischoff from Raw, who is dressed in a red suit and stands ready to call the toss.

"Heads!" Bischoff declares confidently.

"SmackDown, that means you get tails," Vince announces, turning to the blue-clad GM Paul Heyman from SmackDown.

With a flick of his wrist, Vince tosses the coin high into the air. The room goes silent as everyone watches the coin spin, reflecting flashes of light as it descends back down.

As the coin lands, Vince quickly places his hand over it, shielding it momentarily before revealing the result.

"Heads it is!" Vince proclaims, lifting his hand to show the WWE logo facing up.

"Raw wins the coin toss and will get the first pick in tonight's WWE Draft!"

The anticipation in the room is palpable as Eric Bischoff steps forward, a confident smile on his face. He stands in front of a podium, ready to make the historic first pick for Monday Night Raw.

"With the first overall pick in the WWE Draft," Bischoff begins, pausing for dramatic effect, "Monday Night Raw selects..."

The room holds its collective breath, waiting to hear the name that will kick off this monumental night.

"...World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit!"

The graphic airs, showcasing Chris Benoit's incredible accomplishments in WWE. Titles won, legendary matches, and iconic moments flash across the screen, reminding everyone why Benoit is considered one of the all-time greats. Benoit's music hits, and the World Heavyweight Champion emerges, making his way to the stage with the title proudly draped over his shoulder. He wears a Raw shirt over his wrestling gear, signifying his new home brand.
Bischoff and Benoit share a handshake and a nod of mutual respect before posing for the cameras. Benoit holds up the Raw shirt and his title belt, a triumphant smile on his face as the crowd erupts in cheers. As the cheers for Chris Benoit's selection begin to subside, the atmosphere remains charged with excitement. The energy in the room is electric, and the anticipation for the next pick is palpable.

Suddenly, the music changes, and Paul Heyman steps into the spotlight, a determined look on his face. He stands tall at the podium, ready to make SmackDown's first pick of the night.

"With the second pick in the WWE Draft," Heyman announces, locking eyes with the camera,

"SmackDown selects... WWE Champion, Eddie Guerrero!"

The crowd erupts once again, celebrating the selection of the beloved Latino Heat. The graphic showcasing Guerrero's illustrious career flashes on the screen, highlighting his charisma, in-ring prowess, and championship reigns. Eddie Guerrero's music hits, and the WWE Champion bursts onto the stage. He proudly displays his SmackDown shirt, draping it over his shoulder as he makes his way to the podium. Heyman welcomes Guerrero with a handshake and a smile, acknowledging the immense talent and star power he brings to the blue brand. Guerrero holds up his new SmackDown shirt and his WWE Championship, soaking in the cheers from the crowd. With the euphoria from Eddie Guerrero's selection still lingering in the air, the focus quickly shifts back to the draft board.

The snake draft format means SmackDown is back on the clock for another pick, and the anticipation rises once again. Paul Heyman steps up to the podium, a confident smirk on his face. He's already secured the WWE Champion, and now he's ready to add another major player to the SmackDown roster.

"With the third pick in the WWE Draft," Heyman declares,

"SmackDown selects... the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels!"

The crowd erupts in cheers and applause, recognizing the significance of this pick. Shawn Michaels, and one of the greatest performers of all time, is now a member of the SmackDown roster. The graphic showcasing Michaels' legendary career appears on the screen, highlighting his countless championships, iconic matches, and memorable moments that have solidified his legacy in WWE history. Michaels' music hits, and the Showstopper himself makes his way to the stage, soaking in the adoration from the crowd. He proudly dons his new SmackDown shirt and shares a handshake and a nod of respect with Heyman. As Michaels holds up his SmackDown shirt, the atmosphere is filled with excitement and anticipation. With each pick, the landscape of WWE is being reshaped, and the draft is far from over.

Raw is back on the clock for their next pick, and the anticipation in the room reaches a fever pitch.

Eric Bischoff steps forward once again, ready to announce Raw's next blockbuster selection.

"With our next pick in the WWE Draft," Bischoff declares,

"Monday Night Raw selects... The Game, Triple H!"

The crowd erupts with cheers and applause as the graphic showcasing Triple H's legendary career lights up the screen. As Triple H's music hits, The Game makes his way to the stage, soaking in the heat from the crowd. He confidently strides up to the Raw podium, accepting his new Raw shirt with a smirk. Triple H takes a moment, looking out at the crowd and then over at the SmackDown side of the stage. He then turns his attention to Chris Benoit.

"Chris Benoit," Triple H calls out, gesturing for Benoit to join him on stage. Benoit steps forward out from backstage, making his way to the center of the stage. The two icons lock eyes, their faces inches apart, the tension palpable. Benoit raises the World Heavyweight Championship in front of Triple H’s face.

Vince strides onto the stage, a stern expression on his face.

"Hey, hey, hey! This is not a ring," Vince declares firmly, stepping between Triple H and Chris Benoit. "Save it for Monday Night Raw."

The crowd reacts with a mix of disappointment and anticipation, understanding that the confrontation between Triple H and Chris Benoit will have to wait for another time, another place.

But Raw isn't done yet. Moments later, the selection is announced.

"And with our following pick," Bischoff continues,

"Raw selects….. Brock Lesnar!"

The atmosphere in the room becomes electric as Brock Lesnar's name is called. The former WWE Champion is a game-changing acquisition for Monday Night Raw, promising to bring his unique brand of dominance to the red brand. Brock Lesnar's music echoes throughout the arena, signaling the arrival of Brock Lesnar. Lesnar stomps onto the stage, his eyes locked on the Raw logo as he dons his new Raw shirt. He lets out a primal roar, asserting his dominance and sending a clear message to anyone who dares to step in his path.

The WWE Draft continues to unfold with no signs of slowing down. SmackDown is back on the clock, and Paul Heyman is ready to make two major selections that will undoubtedly shake up the blue brand.

"With our next pick in the WWE Draft," Heyman announces confidently,

"SmackDown selects... The Phenom, The Undertaker!"

The arena is filled with an eerie silence as the lights dim, signaling the arrival of The Deadman. The Undertaker's legendary gong echoes throughout the arena, sending chills down the spines of everyone in attendance. No appearance by the Deadman but he made his presence felt just by his eerie music.

Following The Undertaker's selection, Heyman steps forward once again

"And with our next pick, SmackDown selects... the United States Champion, John Cena!"

The arena erupts in cheers and a chorus of "Let's go Cena!" as John Cena's music hits. The Doctor of Thuganomics makes his way to the stage, the United States Championship proudly draped over his shoulder. Cena holds up his SmackDown shirt with pride, acknowledging the honor of being selected to represent the blue brand. The WWE Draft remains a whirlwind of excitement, and Monday Night Raw is up once again with two more pivotal picks on the horizon. The stakes are high, and the anticipation is palpable as Eric Bischoff steps forward to announce Raw's next selections.

"With our next pick in the WWE Draft," Bischoff declares,

"Monday Night Raw selects... the Intercontinental Champion, Randy Orton!"

The arena fills with voices of approval as Randy Orton's music hits. The Viper slithers his way to the stage, the Intercontinental Championship glinting in the spotlight. Orton accepts his Raw shirt with a confident smirk, fully aware of the prestige and honor that comes with being a cornerstone of Monday Night Raw.

Following Orton's selection, Bischoff is quick to announce Raw's next pick,

"And with our following pick, Monday Night Raw selects... Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle!"

The arena erupts in cheers as Kurt Angle's iconic theme music resonates throughout the venue. The Wrestling Machine makes his way to the stage, showcasing his gold medals and the intensity that made him a legend in the world of professional wrestling. Angle gratefully accepts his Raw shirt, saluting the crowd and reminding everyone of the immense talent he brings to Monday Night Raw.

Josh Mathews is backstage with the latest Smackdown draft pick...

Josh Mathews: "I'm here with John Cena, the United States Champion," Mathews begins. "John, you remain on SmackDown. How does it feel to remain on team blue, and what are your goals moving forward with the United States Championship?"

John Cena: "Well, Josh, you can't see me, but you can definitely hear me loud and clear! Staying on SmackDown feels like I'm right where I belong. This is the brand that gave me my start, and I've got unfinished business here. As for the United States Championship, I'm not just holding this title for show; I'm holding it to show that SmackDown has the hardest-working champ in the game. My goal? To elevate this title, defend it with honor, and make sure everyone knows that the Champ is here to stay!"

Josh Mathews: "With the landscape of SmackDown changing due to the draft, are there any superstars or dream matches you're looking forward to now that you're staying on team blue?"

John Cena: "Well, Josh, of course, one day I'd love to step in the ring with Eddie Guerrero and capture the WWE Championship. But for now, my focus is on defending this United States Championship against all comers. SmackDown's got a lot of new faces, and I'm eager to mix it up with the best of them."

Just then, HBK makes his way to the interview area, staring intently at John Cena. After a moment of tension, HBK extends his hand for a handshake.

John Cena: "Well, look who it is! The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels! Welcome to SmackDown, HBK!"

Cena shakes HBK's hand, and the two share a respectful nod

Shawn Michaels: "Thanks, Cena. It's good to be here. I've kept my eye on you kid. Let's see what SmackDown has in store for both of us."

Before leaving, HBK pats the US title three times as Cena looks on.

Meanwhile, Todd Grisham is backstage with Brock Lesnar, Raw's newest acquisition and a force to be reckoned with.

"Now, I'm joined by Brock Lesnar," Grisham announces. "Brock, you're no stranger to dominating on Raw. With the landscape changing and new challenges on the horizon, what can we expect from you on Monday nights?"

Lesnar's expression is one of focused determination as he responds, "Raw has always been my playground, and that won't change. I thrive on competition and destroying anyone who steps in the ring with me.

The WWE Draft is showing no signs of slowing down, and it's SmackDown's turn to make some seismic shifts in their roster. With anticipation building, Paul Heyman steps forward to announce SmackDown's next picks.

"With our next pick in the WWE Draft," Heyman declares,

"SmackDown selects... the unstoppable force, Goldberg!"

The arena erupts in cheers and chants of "Goldberg! Goldberg!" as the iconic entrance music fills the air. The intensity is palpable as Goldberg makes his way to the stage, his presence alone sending a clear message to the entire locker room. Goldberg proudly accepts his SmackDown shirt, a symbol of his new allegiance to the blue brand.

Following Goldberg's selection, Heyman is quick to unveil SmackDown's next pick,

"And with our following pick, SmackDown selects... the Big Red Machine, Kane!"

The arena is filled with a mixture of awe and fear as Kane's haunting theme music resonates throughout the venue. The Devil's Favorite Demon emerges, his menacing demeanor sending shivers down the spines of everyone in attendance. Kane accepts his SmackDown shirt with a nod, the fire in his eyes promising destruction and chaos on the blue brand.

The WWE Draft continues to deliver jaw-dropping moments, and Monday Night Raw is ready to add more firepower to its roster. Eric Bischoff steps forward, ready to unveil Raw's next picks that promise to shake the foundation of the red brand.

"With our next pick in the WWE Draft," Bischoff announces,

"Monday Night Raw selects... a combination of power and experience, The World Tag Team Champions, Batista and Ric Flair!"

The arena erupts in applause and cheers as Batista's music hits, followed by Ric Flair's iconic "Woo!" The Animal and The Nature Boy make their way to the stage together, representing a perfect blend of raw power and legendary skill. Batista and Flair proudly accept their Raw shirts, standing side by side as a united force ready to dominate on Monday nights.

Following this dynamic duo, Bischoff reveals Raw's next pick,

"And with our following pick, Monday Night Raw selects... the Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla, Chris Jericho!"

The crowd erupts in excitement as Chris Jericho's music fills the arena. Chris Jericho makes his way to the stage, charisma on full display. Jericho graciously accepts his Raw shirt, reminding everyone why he's known as one of the greatest of all time and promising to continue breaking the walls down on Monday nights.

Following the monumental draft picks for Monday Night Raw, the backstage area is buzzing with excitement. Todd Grisham is standing by with the Intercontinental Champion, Randy Orton, ready to get his thoughts on the new additions to the Raw roster and what lies ahead for him.

"Thank you, everyone. I'm here with Randy Orton, the Intercontinental Champion," Grisham begins. "Randy, with the recent draft picks, Raw has added some major firepower. How do you see yourself fitting in with these new faces, especially with your Evolution teammates, Triple H, Batista, and Ric Flair?"
Orton smirks, adjusting the Intercontinental Championship on his shoulder. "Todd, with the addition of Triple H, Batista, and Flair, Raw has become the most dominant brand in WWE," he says confidently. "And let's not forget about the Intercontinental Champion standing right here. The Viper is ready to strike, and with Evolution back together, we're going to run roughshod over anyone who stands in our way."

Grisham nods, acknowledging Orton's confidence before asking, "Speaking of running roughshod, last Monday on Raw you laid a challenge down for the Rock. Talk about that for a minute."

Orton's eyes narrow, his expression turning serious. "The Rock likes to talk about being the People's Champion, but this Monday, I'm calling him out," Orton declares. "I laid it out there on a silver platter. The Rock has a chance to make history and prove that he is what he says he is. I hope The Rock has the balls to show up because I'm ready to prove why I'm the true champion of Raw. Why I'm the future of this business.”

The WWE Draft continues to roll on, and it's SmackDown's turn to make some more blockbuster picks. The anticipation is high as Paul Heyman steps forward to announce SmackDown's next selections.

"SmackDown selects.. Edge!"

The arena erupts with cheers and excitement as Edge's graphic appears on the screen, highlighting his return from a career-threatening injury that kept him out of action for over a year. The emotional journey of Edge's comeback resonates with the fans, and they can't wait to see the Ultimate Opportunist back in the ring on the blue brand.

Shortly after Edge's selection, Heyman reveals SmackDown's following pick,

"Smackdown selects... the five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time WCW Champion, Booker T!"

The arena erupts with cheers and chants of "Booker T! Booker T!" as Booker T's graphic appears on the screen. The charismatic and accomplished veteran is set to bring his unique blend of athleticism, charisma, and championship experience to Thursday nights, promising to add a new dimension to the Smackdown roster.

Booker T stands alone on the stage, holding up his Smackdown shirt with pride and ready to embark on this new chapter of his storied career. With his legendary Spinaroonie and undeniable presence, Booker T is sure to become a fan favorite on Smackdown, entertaining the fans worldwide and adding depth to the Thursday brand's lineup.

The WWE Draft continues with Monday Night Raw ready to make its next selections. Eric Bischoff steps forward, aiming to bring more talent and excitement to the red brand.

"With our next pick in the WWE Draft," Bischoff announces,

"Monday Night Raw selects... the dominant force, Victoria!"

The arena responds with a mix of cheers and anticipation as Victoria's graphic appears on the screen. The powerful and ruthless competitor is set to bring her unique blend of strength and agility to the Raw women's division, promising to shake up the landscape and make a lasting impact.

Following Victoria's selection, Bischoff reveals Raw's next pick,

"And with our following pick, Monday Night Raw selects... the World's Largest Athlete, the Big Show!"

The crowd boos as the Big Show's graphic lights up the arena. The colossal presence of the Big Show promises to bring a new level of intensity and spectacle to Monday nights, with his unmatched size and power ready to dominate the competition on Raw.

Victoria and the Big Show stand separately on the stage, each holding up their Raw shirts and ready to make their mark on the red brand. With Victoria's fierce tenacity and the Big Show's unparalleled strength, Raw has added two more formidable competitors to its already impressive roster.

The WWE Draft is reaching its climax, and SmackDown is gearing up to make its final two televised picks of the night. The tension is palpable as Paul Heyman steps forward to reveal SmackDown's selections, aiming to secure the best talent available.

"SmackDown selects... the high-flying, martial arts expert, RVD, Rob Van Dam!"

The arena erupts in cheers and chants of "RVD! RVD!" as RVD's graphic illuminates the screen. The former ECW Legend is set to bring his unique style and electrifying energy to the SmackDown roster, promising to deliver show-stealing performances and unforgettable moments.

Following RVD's selection, Heyman announces SmackDown's final televised pick,

"And with our final televised pick, SmackDown selects... the WWE Tag Team Champions Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty!"

The crowd's excitement reaches a new high as Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty's graphics appear on the screen. RVD, Rikishi, and Scotty 2 Hotty stand together on the stage, each holding up their SmackDown shirts and united in their mission to elevate the blue brand to new heights.

As the WWE Draft nears its conclusion, Monday Night Raw is poised to make its final televised pick of the night. The anticipation is high as Eric Bischoff steps forward, aiming to secure one last major acquisition for the red brand.

"With our final televised pick in the WWE Draft," Bischoff announces,

"Monday Night Raw selects... one-half of one of the greatest tag teams of all time, Christian!"

The WWE Draft takes an unexpected turn as Christian's selection by Raw doesn't sit well with the WWE Universe. The boos rain down from the crowd as Christian steps forward,

Before Christian can take his Raw shirt, the arena erupts into chaos as Chris Jericho blindsides Christian, launching a furious assault on the stage. The two superstars exchange blows, locked in a heated brawl as officials rush to the scene, desperately trying to separate them. The tension is palpable, and the crowd's excitement reaches a fever pitch as The Chairman storms onto the stage, his face a mask of anger and frustration.

"Get them outta here NOW!" Vince orders, his voice echoing throughout the arena.

As officials continue to restrain Jericho, Christian takes the opportunity to retaliate, getting in a cheap shot on Jericho. Jericho escapes the hold of security and while going after Christian he accidentally KNOCKS VINCE down. As he continues to go after Christian with both men exchanging rights as the scene here is electric.

Both Jericho and Christian are finally taken away by security, but the damage is done, leaving an indelible mark on the WWE Draft. The WWE Draft logo appears in the bottom left corner as the scene ends with Vince being looked at by medical personnel as he gets up stunned and angry.

WWE DRAFT LIVE SPECIAL RESULTS

RAW
SMACKDOWN
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Brock Lesnar
The Undertaker
Randy Orton
John Cena
Kurt Angle
Goldberg
Batista & Ric Flair
Kane
Chris Jericho
Edge
Women’s Champion Victoria
Booker T
Big Show
Rob Van Dam
Christian
WWE Tag Team Champions Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty

SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT RESULTS
RAW
SMACKDOWN
WGTT
Bradshaw
La Resistance
The Dudley Boyz
Trish Stratus
Rey Mysterio
A-Train
Chavo Guerrero
The Basham Brothers
Garrison Cade & Mark Jindrak
Matt Hardy
Tajiri
Lita
Billy Kidman
Spike Dudley
Farooq
Orlando Jordan
The Superheroes (Hurricane and Rosey)
Torrie Wilson
Ultimo Dragon
Billy Gunn
Rhyno
Jazz
Sable
Molly Holly
Nunzio
Stacy Keibler
Ivory
Shaniqua
Funaki
Lance Storm
Jamie Noble
Rico
Paul London
Chuck Palumbo
Shannon Moore
Steven Richards
Maven

Last edited:

Mach

Reaction score
Already this is much better than the actual 2004 draft with that whole Triple H to SmackDown BS that ended up being undone.

Standout pick for me is HBK to SmackDown as that of course never happened before he retired. That dream match with Eddie has to be in the pipeline.

Keeping Lesnar and Goldberg around also very much shakes things up and a Vince injury angle to write him off TV is something I’m not going to complain about. Will keep my eye on this one it’s been a good read so far.

Reactions: WrestleWizard

Stojy

Reaction score
Really enjoy some of the changes you've made through the draft to freshen things up here. As Mach mentioned, Shawn Michaels to Smackdown gives you plenty of possibilities, as does Goldberg to Smackdown, and Angle and Lesnar going to Raw should keep things interesting over there. A face Angle alongside WGTT trying to take down Evolution would be amazing. Book it!

Some more nit picky things because that's how I roll but after the issues Heyman and Eddie had during this time, seems weird they'd just be all friendly during the draft. Also pretty sure Kane didn't start being called 'Devils Favourite Demon' until years after 2004, and using future monikers is always something that has irked me.

Overall, loving what the draft has done for both shows. Can't wait to see new shows now, and how you craft a Backlash card in a relatively short timeframe.

Reactions: WrestleWizard

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
Monday March 22, 2004
Joe Louis Arena
Detroit, MI

Episode #565

Following the iconic WWE signature opening that electrifies the atmosphere, the camera swiftly cuts to the ring where the authoritative figure of Eric Bischoff stands tall. The unmistakable strains of “I’m Back” reverberate through the arena, but they are drowned out by the chorus of boos emanating from the passionate Detroit crowd.

There's an air of anticipation as Bischoff takes in the hostile reception, showing no signs of being fazed. Lillian Garcia's familiar voice doesn't ring out for an introduction; Bischoff doesn't require one. The King on commentary remarks with admiration, "He doesn’t need an introduction. He's Eric Bischoff."

Bischoff, seizing the moment and the microphone, wastes no time in stoking the flames of rivalry between Raw and its counterpart. He proclaims with unbridled confidence that Raw has outshone the competition, asserting its supremacy as the premier brand in WWE. The crowd's boos intensify, but Bischoff appears undeterred, relishing the role of the antagonist. As the tension reaches a crescendo, Bischoff shifts gears, revealing that he hasn’t just come to gloat. He tantalizingly hints at a major announcement concerning Raw's upcoming pay-per-view event, Backlash. The crowd leans in, hanging onto his every word.

With a dramatic pause for effect, Bischoff drops the bombshell: at Backlash, the World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit, will put his title on the line against the very man he dethroned at Wrestlemania XX, Triple H. The Game is invoking his coveted rematch clause, setting the stage for a colossal showdown between 2 of the top Raw superstars. But that's not all. Bischoff unveils a twist to the tale, introducing a pair of 'Pick Your Poison' matches for the evening. In this intriguing setup, Benoit will handpick Triple H's opponent, while The Game will return the favor by selecting Benoit's adversary for the night.

As Eric Bischoff stands in the ring, ready to continue his speech, the titantron suddenly switches to a chaotic scene in the parking lot. Chris Jericho's arrival is anything but subtle, with his car screeching to a halt. He emerges, steel chair in hand, his face a mask of determination and anger. Security immediately intervenes, forming a barrier between Jericho and the arena entrance. One brave guard steps forward, delivering the news that Jericho is banned from the building and suspended indefinitely. Words seemingly from the higher ups in the company. The words seem to fuel Jericho's rage even further. Without hesitation, Jericho swings his chair, striking down the guards who stand in his way. His path of destruction continues as he storms through the backstage area, his voice echoing as he shouts for Christian, demanding answers for the betrayal he feels. The tension reaches its peak when Stephanie McMahon makes a dramatic appearance into the camera shot, flanked by police officers in full uniform. McMahon's authoritative presence being the bosses daughter only amplifies the chaos, as she orders the officers to apprehend Jericho immediately. The camera follows Jericho, his face a mix of disbelief and anger, as the officers close in, placing him in handcuffs.

As Chris Jericho is being led away by the police, Christian and Trish Stratus step into the frame, their smirks growing wider as they bask in the chaos they've caused. The tension is palpable as they lock eyes with Jericho, who is restrained and seething with anger. With a sense of audacity, Christian pulls Trish close, and they share a passionate kiss right in front of Jericho. The act is clearly meant to taunt and humiliate him, intensifying the personal vendetta between the former allies. Not stopping there, Christian, fueled by his newfound boldness, spits in Jericho's face, a blatant sign of disrespect and a clear statement of how he feels about his former friend. Jericho's eyes burn with fury, his jaw clenched as he struggles against the grip of the police officers holding him back.

As the police officers firmly guide Chris Jericho towards the waiting cop car, the crowd's boos and jeers resonate throughout the arena, underscoring the gravity of the moment. The flashing lights of the police car cast an eerie glow, emphasizing the severity of Jericho's situation. As the police officers firmly place Chris Jericho in the back of a waiting cop car, the engine roars to life, signaling his removal from the scene. The camera captures the last glimpse of Jericho's intense gaze, locked onto Christian and Trish, a silent promise of retribution burning in his eyes.

With Jericho driven away, Christian and Trish share a satisfied look, reveling in their perceived victory. The spotlight now fully on them, Christian takes the mic, the crowd's boos echoing in the background.

"Now that Jericho is history," Christian begins, smirking, "I can finally focus on what really matters—my career." Trish nods in agreement, her confidence radiating alongside Christian's. Christian continues, "To kick off this fresh start, I'm going to do something special tonight. I'm heading to the ring, and I'm issuing an open challenge to anyone on the Raw roster who thinks they have what it takes to step up and hang with me."

The challenge hangs in the air, a bold invitation to the entire roster, daring someone to seize the opportunity. Christian tells Trish that she will win the Battle Royal tonight and they will celebrate like kings and queens tonight. Trish says that no one in this women’s division can step up to a goddess like her. The #1 Contender Battle Royal for the Women’s Championship is later tonight on Raw.

Amidst a hostile beginning of Raw, the camera cuts backstage to the Evolution locker room, where the atmosphere is tense yet focused. The room is filled with the presence of Triple H, Batista, Randy Orton, and the legendary Ric Flair. Triple H stands at the center of the room, addressing his Evolution teammates with a commanding presence. He begins by turning to Batista, acknowledging him as the powerhouse of Evolution. "Batista," Triple H begins, "I choose you to face Chris Benoit in the pick your poison match tonight. I believe in you, and I know you'll represent Evolution with dominance." Batista nods in agreement, his determination evident as he prepares for the challenge ahead. Triple H hugs Batista.

Next, Triple H turns his attention to Randy Orton, a young up-and-comer in the ranks of Evolution. "Randy," Triple H says with a smirk, "you've got some serious guts calling out The Rock tonight. Prove to the whole world why you are the future of this business and why you are becoming the LEGEND KILLER. You're shaping up to be the greatest Intercontinental Champion in history." Orton meets Triple H's gaze, fueled by the praise and ready to prove himself.

Triple H then pays tribute to the living legend, Ric Flair, expressing his admiration and respect. "Nature Boy," Triple H says with a nod, "your legacy speaks for itself. Your guidance has been invaluable to us all." Flair beams with pride, soaking in the praise from his Evolution comrades.

As Triple H concludes his address, he looks into the camera surrounded by his Evolution mates with unwavering confidence. "At Backlash," he declares, "I will reclaim the World Heavyweight Championship and solidify Evolution's dominance by adding all the gold to our collection. We will go down in history as the most dominant faction of all time." The camera fades as Triple H's words resonate with the audience at home and in attendance. Batista versus Chris Benoit is next!!!

Commercial Break

As Raw returns from the commercial break, the anticipation in the arena reaches a fever pitch. The Evolution entrance theme hits, and the crowd erupts into a chorus of boos, signaling the arrival of the dominant faction. The combination of the powerful guitar riffs and pounding drums sets the tone for the impending showdown. The arena is bathed in a golden hue as Triple H, Ric Flair, and the powerhouse Batista emerge from the curtain, walking side by side with purpose and confidence. The trio exudes an aura of dominance as they make their way to the ring, their expressions focused and determined. Batista leads the way, his eyes locked on the ring, ready for the pick your poison match against Chris Benoit. The Animal's intensity is palpable, and the crowd's reaction reflects the anticipation for this highly anticipated matchup. Triple H and Ric Flair flank Batista, providing support and encouragement as they head towards ringside. The Game's championship pedigree and Flair's legendary status add gravitas to Batista's challenge, amplifying the stakes of the match. The Evolution members climb the ring steps and enter the squared circle, standing together as a united front. Triple H takes a moment to raise Batista's arm, showcasing his confidence in his Evolution teammate. Flair offers some last-minute words of wisdom, his experience serving as a guiding light for the upcoming battle.

The atmosphere shifts as Chris Benoit's theme music hits, and the World Heavyweight Champion makes his entrance. The crowd erupts in cheers for the respected champion, acknowledging his status as one of the all-time greats in professional wrestling. With the championship belt over his shoulder, Chris Benoit heads to the ring, locking eyes with Batista as he steps between the ropes ready for this non title match.

PICK YOUR POISON MATCH
BATISTA vs. CHRIS BENOIT

The bell rings, signaling the start of the highly anticipated match between Batista and Chris Benoit. Both competitors circle the ring, eyes locked in a fierce stare-down, the tension palpable. They approach each other cautiously, testing the waters with a series of lock-ups and grapples, each trying to gain an early advantage. Benoit, known for his technical prowess, targets Batista's arm with swift arm drags and wrenches, attempting to neutralize the powerhouse's strength advantage. Batista, however, counters with his raw power, using his strength to muscle Benoit into the corner and deliver a series of punishing shoulder thrusts. The action spills to the outside as Batista sends Benoit crashing over the top rope with a powerful clothesline. Seizing the opportunity, Batista follows up with a relentless assault, ramming Benoit's back into the ringside barricade and flooring him with a spinebuster on the arena floor. With Benoit reeling, Batista rolls him back into the ring, sensing an opportunity to capitalize. Batista goes for the cover, but Benoit kicks out at two, displaying his resilience and determination to stay in the fight.

Benoit begins to mount a comeback, countering a Batista bomb attempt with a well-timed back body drop. The momentum shifts as Benoit unleashes a flurry of German suplexes, each one executed with precision and impact, sending Batista crashing to the mat. As the match reaches its halfway point, Benoit ascends the top rope, ready to deliver the diving headbutt but Triple H distracts the ref on the apron leading to Flair SHOVING Benoit off the top rope. Benoit down and out on the canvas. The momentum swings back in Batista's favor as he capitalizes on Evolution's distraction. Benoit's missed opportunity, delivering a devastating Batista Bomb. With Benoit down, Batista goes for the pin, but once again, Benoit manages to kick out at the last second, refusing to stay down.

The resilience of the champion is on full display as he digs deep, summoning the fighting spirit that has defined his career. Both competitors exchange blows in the center of the ring, each strike echoing throughout the arena. Benoit gains the upper hand with a series of knife-edge chops and headbutts, rocking Batista and setting him up for the Crippler Crossface. Triple H and Flair get on the apron but Benoit releases the crossface and knocks both Triple H and Flair off the apron. Batista nails a wicked clothesline knocking out the champion. Batista signals for the Batista Bomb for the second time in the match to end it. Batista lifts…..NOOOO Benoit counters into the crossface. With the submission locked in, Benoit wrenches back, applying pressure to Batista's neck and shoulder. The powerhouse struggles, fighting to break free from the debilitating hold. Just when it looks like Batista might escape, Benoit tightens his grip, forcing Batista to tap out in the center of the ring.

WINNER:
CHRIS BENOIT
via pinfall in 14:02

The bell rings, and the crowd erupts into cheers for the hard-fought victory by Chris Benoit. The World Heavyweight Champion stands tall, his hand raised in triumph, proving once again why he is one of the all-time greats in professional wrestling. Benoit grabs a microphone, his face flushed with the excitement of victory. "I have made my decision," Benoit declares, his tone resolute and unwavering. "Tonight, Triple H," staring a hole through his Backlash challenger, "You will face none other than one of the greatest wrestlers of all time…..Kurt Angle!" Igniting a wave of anticipation and excitement throughout the arena. The crowd roars in approval, eager to see another epic showdown unfold on Raw. Evolution looks on from ringside, their expressions a mix of frustration and concern, as the stage is set for the night's main event.

In one corridor, Molly Holly stands near the entrance ramp, her eyes fixed ahead with determination as she mentally gears up for the match. Adjusting her gear with precision, she exudes confidence, ready to prove herself in the ring once again.

Nearby, Torrie Wilson leans against a wall, her gaze focused and intense as she mentally rehearses her strategy for the Battle Royal. With each breath, she channels her focus inward, visualizing her path to victory and steeling herself for the challenges ahead.

In another part of the arena, Stacy Keibler sits on a bench, her eyes closed in concentration as she centers herself for the upcoming match. With a deep sense of determination, she blocks out any distractions, mentally preparing to give her all in the ring.

Across the arena floor, Shaniqua paces back and forth, her mind sharp and focused as she hones her instincts for the battle ahead. With each step, she visualizes her opponents and strategizes her moves, ready to assert her dominance and claim victory.

Lastly, Trish Stratus stands near the backstage area, her focus unwavering as she mentally prepares for the match. With a confident demeanor, she channels her years of experience and knowledge of the ring, ready to showcase her skills and outmaneuver her opponents.

Commercial Break

The Commentators hype the main event for the night, Triple H vs. Kurt Angle

Molly Holly is the first to make her entrance. With a look of focused determination, Molly walks down the ramp, eyes fixed on the ring, ready to prove herself against the best.

Next up is Shaniqua, the powerhouse of the group. Towering over her competitors, Shaniqua exudes confidence as she heads to the ring, muscles flexing with every step, a clear signal of her strength.

The atmosphere turns glamorous as Stacy Keibler makes her entrance. The crowd erupts in cheers as Stacy glides down the ramp, her long legs and dazzling smile captivating everyone in attendance.

Torrie Wilson follows, her athleticism and beauty on full display as she confidently strides to the ring, ready to showcase her skills and vie for the title opportunity.

The excitement continues to build as Trish Stratus is introduced. A legend in women's wrestling, Trish receives a thunderous ovation, her iconic status evident as she confidently struts to the ring, acknowledging the adoring fans.

Finally, the anticipation reaches a fever pitch as the returning Lita makes her entrance. The crowd erupts into a deafening roar, welcoming back one of the most beloved and groundbreaking competitors in WWE history. Lita's fiery red hair and high-flying style instantly rekindle the fans' enthusiasm as she heads to the ring, soaking in the adulation.

WOMEN’S BATTLE ROYAL #1 CONTENDERS MATCH
MOLLY HOLLY vs. LITA vs. TORRIE WILSON vs. STACY KIEBLER vs. SHANIQUA vs. TRISH STRATUS

The battle royal kicks off with a flurry of action. Shaniqua showcases her power early on, delivering a crushing clothesline to Molly Holly that sends her over the top rope and out of the match for the first elimination!

Elimination 1:
Molly Holly

Stacy Keibler uses her agility to evade elimination, narrowly escaping a double team attempt by Trish Stratus and Torrie Wilson. Stacy's flexibility is on full display as she dodges and counters her opponents' moves. Lita takes to the skies, executing a daring hurricanrana on Shaniqua, but she fails to eliminate her. The aerial assault continues as Torrie Wilson and Lita engage in a thrilling battle. However, Torrie's high-flying antics are cut short when Trish Stratus catches her with a vicious Chick Kick, sending Torrie tumbling out of the ring for the second elimination!

Elimination 2:
Torrie Wilson

With four women remaining, the action heats up. Shaniqua targets Stacy Keibler, overpowering her and eliminating her with a devastating powerbomb for the third elimination!

Elimination 3:
Stacy Keibler

Trish Stratus and Shaniqua then team up momentarily, trying to take down Lita. However, Lita counters their double-team efforts and manages to eliminate Shaniqua with a well-timed clothesline over the top rope for the fourth elimination!

Elimination 4:
Shaniqua

As the battle royal reaches its climax, it's down to Lita and Trish Stratus. The crowd is on the edge of their seats, eagerly anticipating the showdown between these two legendary competitors. In a thrilling finale, Lita manages to evade a determined Trish Stratus, countering her elimination attempt and delivering a devastating twist of fate. With Trish stunned, Lita seizes the opportunity to send her tumbling over the top rope and out of the match for the fifth and final elimination!

Elimination 5:
Trish Stratus

WINNER:
LITA
via pinfall in 6:21

The bell rings, signaling Lita's hard-fought victory. The arena erupts into cheers as Lita's hand is raised in triumph, confirming her as the #1 contender and setting the stage for a future title showdown. Victoria comes out to the stage and raises her championship high as Lita turns her attention to the Women's champion. Lita points to the title and signals that soon she will win it.

Commercial Break

It was made official that Lita will fight Victoria at Backlash in 3 weeks

The atmosphere in the arena shifts as the eerie and intense music of the Basham Brothers begins to play. The arena is bathed in a dim red light as Doug and Danny Basham emerge from the entrance ramp, their focused expressions signaling their readiness for competition. The twins make their way down the ramp, displaying a united front as they prepare to face their opponents.

Next, the familiar strains of Matt Hardy's entrance music fill the arena, eliciting cheers from the WWE faithful in attendance here tonight in Detroit. Matt Hardy steps out onto the stage, his confident stride and trademark "V1" hand gesture signaling his arrival on Monday Night Raw. However, as he reaches the top of the stage, he pauses, microphone in hand, to address the crowd.

"Before we get started," Matt begins, a mischievous grin forming on his face, "I couldn't possibly come to Monday Night Raw, my new home, without bringing along the most important person in my life."

The crowd erupts into cheers and anticipation, speculating who Matt could be referring to.

Suddenly, the unmistakable sounds of Jeff Hardy's entrance music hit, sending the crowd into a frenzy of excitement. The energy in the arena reaches a fever pitch as Jeff Hardy bursts onto the stage, his iconic face paint and high-flying charisma instantly electrifying the atmosphere. Jeff and Matt share a heartfelt embrace, their reunion a touching moment that resonates with everyone around the world. The Hardy Boyz stand side by side, ready to face the Basham Brothers in what promises to be an epic showdown.

TAG TEAM MATCH
BASHAM BROTHERS vs. THE HARDY BOYZ

The bell rings, signaling the start of the match. Matt Hardy and Danny Basham start things off, engaging in a fast-paced exchange of holds and counters. The action is intense, with neither team gaining a clear advantage in the early going. As the match progresses, the Hardy Boyz begin to showcase their trademark high-flying offense, dazzling the crowd with a series of double-team maneuvers and aerial assaults. Jeff Hardy's daredevil antics and Matt Hardy's technical prowess combine to create a dynamic and entertaining spectacle.

The Basham Brothers, however, prove to be formidable opponents, utilizing their tag team cohesion and aggressive tactics to keep the Hardy Boyz on their toes. Doug and Danny Basham target Jeff Hardy's legs, attempting to ground the high-flyer and neutralize his aerial attacks. Despite the Basham Brothers' efforts, the Hardy Boyz refused to be denied. With the clock ticking down, the Hardys rally and mount a furious comeback, unleashing a flurry of high-impact moves that leave the Basham Brothers reeling.

In the final moments of the match, Jeff Hardy ascended the top rope, launching himself into the air with a breathtaking Swanton Bomb on Danny Basham. Matt Hardy follows up with a decisive Twist of Fate, securing the pinfall victory for the Hardy Boyz.

Winners:
The Hardy Boyz

The arena erupts into cheers as the Hardy Boyz' hands are raised in victory. The brothers celebrate their triumphant return to Monday Night Raw.

As the celebration for the Hardy Boyz' victory begins to subside, the camera transitions backstage to a dimly lit corridor. The atmosphere is charged with anticipation as a graphic flashes on the screen, teasing the upcoming moment that has everyone talking: Randy Orton calling out The Rock.

The camera follows a determined Randy Orton as he walks briskly down the hallway, his gaze focused and unwavering. The Viper's confidence is evident, knowing that he has a monumental challenge ahead of him in confronting one of the most electrifying superstars in WWE history.

Commercial Break

A spotlight illuminates the entrance ramp as Randy Orton's theme song "Burn in My Light" starts to play. The crowd erupts into a chorus of boos and cheers, signaling the arrival of The Legend Killer.

The camera cuts to the entrance area, where the youngest member of Evolution emerges from the curtain, bathed in a spotlight that casts a shadowy silhouette behind him. His eyes narrow, locked on the ring, as he begins his confident walk down the ramp. Orton moves with purpose and determination, absorbing both the adulation and disdain from the crowd. His signature pose at the top of the ramp, where he stretches out his arms and looks skyward, punctuates his entrance. As Randy Orton steps into the ring, the boos and cheers from the Detroit faithful reach a deafening crescendo. The Viper takes a moment to soak it all in before raising the microphone to his lips, ready to deliver his message. "Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!" The arena erupts with chants for The Rock, the electrifying atmosphere charged with excitement and anticipation. Orton waits for a moment, allowing the chants to reach their peak before raising his hand for silence. The crowd's energy transitions to a hushed anticipation, hanging on Orton's every word.

"Let’s cut right to it. Rocky, get your ass out here right now. I have something I wanna say right to your face.”

Orton looks at the entrance ramp as does the crowd but alas no Rock.

“Rocky may be a Hollywood star, but tonight just like I thought, he's not here," Orton begins, his voice dripping with confidence. "Just like Mick Foley, The Rock is a coward who'd rather make movies than face the reality of the WWE."

"I ended Mick Foley's career at WrestleMania," Orton continues, his eyes gleaming with intensity. "And now, I'm here to end The Rock's career too. I'll send him packing to Hollywood, where he belongs, permanently."

The arena is filled with a chorus of boos, but Orton stands undeterred.

As Orton's bold proclamation hangs in the air, a familiar electrifying rhythm begins to pulse throughout the arena. The crowd erupts in a deafening roar as the iconic voice of The Rock resonates, "IF YOU SMELL...WHAT THE ROCK...IS COOKING!"

The atmosphere reaches a fever pitch as the People's Champion emerges from behind the curtain, his presence filling the arena with an undeniable energy. The Rock pauses at the top of the ramp, soaking in the admiration and adulation from the fans, his trademark eyebrow raised in signature fashion. With a smirk on his face, The Rock begins his iconic walk down the ramp, exuding charisma and confidence with every step. The energy is electric, with the crowd hanging on The Rock's every move, eagerly anticipating his response to Orton's bold challenge. The Rock steps inside the squared circle, staring down Orton with intensity and focus. He circles the ring, playing to the crowd and reveling in the moment, his presence commanding the attention of everyone in the arena. Just as The Rock begins to climb the turnbuckle to acknowledge his fans with his classic pose, Orton interrupts him, cutting him off with a dismissive gesture.

"Cut the music, cut the s**t, Rocky," Orton sneers, his voice dripping with disdain. "Playing to all these cheap bastards. You're better than this Rock." As The Rock stands tall in the ring, soaking in the chants of "Rocky" echoing throughout the arena, he takes a moment to address Randy Orton's derogatory remarks.

"Let me get this straight, Randy," The Rock begins, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "You think the fine people of Detroit are cheap bastards? Is that what you're saying?" Before Orton can formulate a response, The Rock cuts him off with his iconic catchphrase, "It doesn't matter what you think!"

As the electrifying atmosphere continues to build, the Detroit crowd chants "Rocky" repeatedly, their voices echoing throughout the arena. The energy is palpable, the anticipation for The Rock's response to Orton's challenge reaching a crescendo. Visibly frustrated by the overwhelming support for The Rock, Randy Orton interrupts the chants, his tone sharp and demanding as he says,

"Shut it! Shut your mouth!"

He then boldly lays down the challenge, stating, "I want to challenge you, Rock, to a match at Backlash."

The Rock, ever the charismatic showman, takes a moment to bask in the energy from the crowd, soaking in their cheers and chants. The "Rocky" chants intensify, the fans in attendance firmly rallying behind their People's Champion. Finally, The Rock accepts Orton's challenge with confidence, declaring, "I've got more ass kickings left in me than you could ever imagine. So I accept your challenge but.....only on one condition.

The Rock stares at the Intercontinental Championship hanging around Ortons shoulders

"You put that Intercontinental title belt on the line."

Orton looks nervous as the crowd cheers at the Rocks proclamation.

Rocky continues "Unless....you're not the legend killer you say you are. Perhaps you are a legend.....ary bitch"

Crowd chants "You're a Bitch" to Orton as he seems fazed and annoyed by the Detroit fans.

Orton brings the mic to his lips and speaks "You're on Rock i'll put this title on the line, the most prestigious title in all of WWE. And it's that way because of yours truly.

Orton smirks, his confidence growing as he sees an opportunity to up the stakes. "But Rock, if we're going to do this, let's make it truly legendary. You want my Intercontinental Championship? Fine. But let's add a little twist to it. You put your career on the line."

The crowd erupts into a mix of gasps and cheers, sensing the gravity of the situation. The Rock, known for his bravado, doesn't flinch. He stares down Orton, the intensity between them palpable.

The Rock's expression turns serious, a hint of a smirk still playing on his lips. "You want the Rock to put his career on the line, Randy? You've got it. But just remember, when it's all said and done, you'll be known as the legend who couldn't back up his words. And at Backlash, I'm not only fighting for my career, i'll be fighting for my brother, Mick Foley, and for every one of the MILLIONS..." As The Rock goes up to scream his signature catchphrase, he's abruptly cut off by an attempted RKO by Orton. Seizing the moment, The Rock swiftly responds, shoving Orton away with precision and agility. Taking advantage of the situation, The Rock delivers a powerful clothesline, sending Orton tumbling over the ropes and crashing to the outside of the ring. As Orton retreats up the ramp, visibly flustered, The Rock stands tall in the ring, his presence commanding and confident. With the stage set and the date etched in stone, the fans eagerly anticipate the Title vs. Career showdown between The Rock and Randy Orton. Backlash, April 11th, promises to be an epic clash.

The screen fades in, displaying a montage of electrifying wrestling moments, accompanied by dramatic music.

Narrator (Voiceover): "In the annals of sports entertainment, there have been teams that define excellence, teams that epitomize the essence of tag team wrestling. But none have quite captured the imagination like..."

The screen transitions to a series of clips showcasing the World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas) in action, displaying their athleticism, teamwork, and dominance in the ring.

Narrator (Voiceover): "The World's Greatest Tag Team!"

As the narrator speaks, footage highlights their high-flying maneuvers, technical prowess, and strategic teamwork, showcasing their versatility as a tag team.

Narrator (Voiceover): "Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas burst onto the scene in the tag team division, two young athletes with dreams of conquering the world of professional wrestling. Individually, they were exceptional talents, but together, they became unstoppable."

The montage continues, featuring memorable moments from their matches against various opponents, capturing their rise to prominence and their reign as tag team champions.

Narrator (Voiceover): "Their chemistry was undeniable, their synergy unmatched. They soared to the top of the tag team division with a blend of speed, strength, and technical skill that left their opponents in awe."

The screen transitions to interviews with wrestling legends and industry experts, who speak glowingly about the impact of the World's Greatest Tag Team on the wrestling world.

Jim Ross: "When you talk about tag team wrestling, you have to mention Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Those guys are on another level."

Edge: "They have it all – athleticism, charisma, and a mean streak that made them feared by anyone who stepped into the ring with them."

The video package then delves into the challenges and rivalries faced by the World's Greatest Tag Team, showcasing their resilience and determination in the face of adversity.

Narrator (Voiceover): "But greatness comes with its challenges. The World's Greatest Tag Team faced fierce competition, battled through injuries, and weathered storms that would have broken lesser teams."

Clips show moments of triumph and defeat, highlighting the highs and lows of their journey as a tag team.

Narrator (Voiceover): "Through it all, Benjamin and Haas stood tall, earning the respect of their peers and the adoration of fans around the world."

The screen fades to black, leaving viewers excited to see the World's Greatest Tag Team.

Narrator (Voiceover): "Their legacy still to be written, they are known as the World's Greatest Tag Team!"

The video package concludes with the iconic logo of the World's Greatest Tag Team displayed on the screen and writing that reads RETURN TO RAW NEXT WEEK!!

Kurt Angle is shown looking at the tv screen backstage smiling seemingly that his old partners Benjamin and Haas from 2003 when he captained Team Angle are joining him on Raw.

Todd Grisham interrupts, "Kurt Angle," Grisham begins, "you've had an incredible career in WWE, and now you've been drafted to Monday Night Raw. What are your thoughts on joining the Raw roster?" Angle, seated comfortably, He turns to face Grisham, microphone in hand, ready to share his thoughts. "You know, Todd," Angle begins confidently, "I was drafted to Raw because I am the greatest professional wrestler in the history of WWE. Raw knows what it takes to be the best, and that's why they wanted me here." Angle continues, "Tonight, I have the opportunity to prove just that when I face Triple H. It's going to be a match for the ages, and I plan on showing everyone why I am truly the best."

Just as Angle finishes his statement, the mood shifts as the camera captures the unexpected arrival of Brock Lesnar. Lesnar steps into the frame, his imposing presence casting a shadow over Angle.

Lesnar smirks and chuckles, seemingly amused by Angle's bold claim of being the greatest professional wrestler in history. The tension between the two former rivals is palpable, as they lock eyes in a staredown. Angle stands up, undeterred by Lesnar's presence, staring right back at Lesnar with unwavering confidence. Lesnar leans in, his face inches away from Angle's, and says with a smirk, "The greatest, huh? We'll see about that." Just as Lesnar leaves he comes back staring at Angle. “Good Luck tonight ... .Kurt” Lesnar leaves as Angle looks on.

Commercial Break

As the arena lights begin to flicker back to life, signaling the end of the commercial break, the anticipation in the crowd reaches a crescendo. The camera pans across the audience, capturing the excitement on every face, before focusing its attention on the ring where Steven Richards stands, his expression one of grim determination. The atmosphere is electric as the crowd awaits the arrival Richards opponent. Suddenly, the arena erupts into a deafening roar as the unmistakable sound of "Well... it's the Big Show" echoes throughout the venue. The ground seems to shake beneath the audience's feet as The Big Show emerges from behind the curtain, his massive frame casting a formidable shadow over the entire arena. With each step, the ring ropes strain against his immense weight, threatening to snap under the pressure. The crowd's boos reach a fever pitch as The Big Show makes his way down the ramp, his eyes locked on his opponent in the ring. There's a sense of awe in the air as he climbs onto the apron with ease, his presence commanding attention.

Inside the ring, Steven Richards stands his ground, his expression unwavering despite the overwhelming force bearing down upon him. With a defiant glare, he awaits the impending confrontation, ready to prove his worth against one of the most dominant forces in WWE history.
As The Big Show steps through the ropes, the referee signals for the match to begin, and the tension in the arena reaches a boiling point.

Big Show vs. Steven Richards

As the bell rings, signaling the start of the match, The Big Show wastes no time asserting his dominance. With a thunderous roar, he charges towards Steven Richards, who barely has time to react before finding himself lifted effortlessly off his feet by the colossal superstar. The crowd erupts into cheers as The Big Show hoists Richards high above his head, showcasing his incredible strength for all to see. With a smirk of satisfaction, he parades around the ring, twirling Richards like a ragdoll before finally hurling him across the ring with bone-jarring force. Richards crashes to the canvas with a resounding thud, the impact sending shockwaves reverberating throughout the arena. He writhes in agony, clutching his back as The Big Show closes in, a look of determination etched on his face.

With methodical precision, The Big Show delivers a series of punishing blows to Richards, each strike landing with the force of a freight train. The crowd watches in awe as Richards struggles to mount any offense, overwhelmed by the sheer power and ferocity of his opponent. With a roar of triumph, The Big Show scoops Richards up once again, effortlessly lifting him into the air before driving him back down to the mat with a devastating chokeslam. The impact sends shockwaves through Richards' body, leaving him sprawled out motionless on the canvas.
The referee looks on with concern as The Big Show towers over his fallen opponent, a triumphant grin spreading across his face. With a single foot planted firmly on Richards' chest, he goes for the cover, the referee dropping to the canvas to begin the count.

"One! Two! Three!"

Winner:
The Big Show

As the bell signals the end of the match, The Big Show's victorious grin morphs into a menacing sneer, his eyes glinting with malice as he surveys the fallen form of Steven Richards. The crowd's cheers turn to uneasy murmurs as they sense the impending storm about to be unleashed. With deliberate steps, The Big Show stalks towards Richards, his massive frame casting a shadow over the fallen competitor. Ignoring the referee's attempts to intervene, he grabs Richards by the throat, lifting him effortlessly off the mat with one hand.

The crowd watches in horror as The Big Show's grip tightens around Richards' neck, his face contorted with rage as he hoists his helpless opponent high into the air. With a deafening roar, he unleashes his fury, driving Richards down with bone-shattering force in the center of the ring with another thunderous chokeslam. The impact echoes throughout the arena, sending shockwaves of pain coursing through Richards' body as he lies motionless on the canvas. But The Big Show is far from finished, his thirst for destruction unquenched.

With a sinister glint in his eye, The Big Show drags Richards' limp form towards the ringside area, the crowd's gasps of horror growing louder with each passing moment. With a primal roar, he hurls Richards through the air, sending him crashing through the announcers' table with a sickening thud. The table splinters upon impact, shards of wood and debris flying in all directions as Richards lies amidst the wreckage, his body battered and broken. The crowd watches in stunned silence as The Big Show stands tall amidst the chaos, a twisted grin of satisfaction spreading across his face. With a final, contemptuous glance at his fallen opponent, The Big Show exits the ring, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. The message is clear: in the world of The Big Show, there are no limits to the pain he is willing to inflict in his quest for dominance.

Commercial Break

In the dimly lit arena, the anticipation hangs thick in the air as the sound of Christian's entrance theme echoes throughout the venue. The arena erupts into a chorus of boos as the spotlight finds its mark, illuminating the silhouette of the smug and arrogant superstar. Draped in his signature trench coat adorned with sparkling sequins, Christian struts confidently down the ramp, his trademark smirk never leaving his face. With each step, he exudes an aura of self-assurance, knowing that all eyes are on him. As he reaches the ring, Christian pauses for a moment, soaking in the jeers from the crowd like a badge of honor. With a flick of his wrist, he tosses his coat aside, revealing his impeccably tailored ring attire underneath. With microphone in hand, Christian raises it to his lips, ready to deliver another scathing diatribe to his loyal subjects. The boos intensify as he begins to speak, his words laced with arrogance and contempt for anyone who dares to oppose him.

"Welcome, my peeps," he begins, his voice dripping with smugness, "To another glorious night in the presence of greatness. That's right, it's your favorite superstar, the one and only Captain Charisma!"

The crowd's disdain only fuels Christian's ego as he continues to bask in the spotlight, reveling in the attention he commands.

"Tonight," he declares, his voice oozing with confidence, "I stand before you as the epitome of excellence, the pinnacle of perfection. And let's face it, there's nobody in this arena, or anywhere else for that matter, who can hold a candle to me."

As Christian stands in the center of the ring, his smirk widening with each passing moment, he can't resist gloating about his recent triumphs.

"The great Chris Jericho is behind bars, and I'm sitting pretty, suspended indefinitely. Guess that means I don't have to worry about him anymore, huh? More time for yours truly to focus on what really matters: my illustrious career."

His words drip with arrogance as he surveys the audience, relishing in the attention. But as he extends his challenge, the arena falls eerily silent, no one daring to step forward.

"Come on now, don't be shy," he taunts, a smug grin plastered across his face, "Surely there's someone out there with enough guts to face Captain Charisma himself?" Just when it seems like Christian's challenge will go unanswered, the arena erupts with surprise as a figure emerges from backstage. It's AJ Styles, a recent free agent, making his presence known in the most dramatic fashion possible. Christian's initial amusement quickly turns to disbelief as Styles confidently strides towards him.

"And who might you be?" Christian sneers, eyeing Styles with disdain, "Some indie has-been trying to make a name for himself?"

But Styles doesn't flinch, standing tall and introducing himself with unwavering confidence.

"I'm AJ Styles," he declares, his voice cutting through the air with authority, "And I'm Raw's newest free agent signee."

The tension in the ring reaches a boiling point as Christian's arrogance clashes with Styles' determination. With a swift motion, Christian slaps Styles across the face, the sound echoing throughout the arena.

But before Christian can revel in his cheap shot, Styles retaliates with lightning speed, delivering a series of strikes that send Christian reeling.
"You wanna wrestle, Christian?" Styles challenges, his voice dripping with defiance, "I'm right here, and as far as your open challenge… CHALLENGE ACCEPTED."

Christian, realizing he may have underestimated his opponent, hesitates for a moment before deciding to retreat, hopping out of the ring and making a beeline for the ramp to massive heat from the crowd. As he exits, his frustration evident, Styles doesn't miss a beat, calling him out for his cowardice.

"You're nothing but a coward, Christian!" he shouts, his voice echoing through the arena, "And everyone here knows it!"

With the crowd firmly on his side, Styles acknowledges their support posing on the turnbuckle.

GRAPHIC (UP NEXT: TRIPLE H vs. KURT ANGLE)

Commercial Break

The arena dims, bathed in a subtle blue hue as the opening chords of Kurt Angle's theme, "Medal," reverberate throughout the space. The crowd erupts into a mix of cheers and jeers as the Olympic gold medalist makes his way to the stage, his intensity palpable. Draped in his signature red, white, and blue singlet, Angle stands tall, raising his arms in the air as sparks rain down around him. He marches purposefully down the ramp, his eyes locked on the ring, ready for the battle that lies ahead.

As Angle's theme fades, the arena is shrouded in darkness, the anticipation building with each passing second. Suddenly, the haunting opening notes of Triple H's theme, "The Game," fill the air, signaling the arrival of The Game himself. A spotlight illuminates the entrance ramp as Triple H emerges from the curtain, clad in his iconic leather jacket, trunks, and boots, complete with a water bottle in hand. The crowd erupts in a chorus of boos and cheers as The Cerebral Assassin makes his way to the ring with a confident swagger. As Triple H approaches the ring, he stops at the top of the ramp, taking a moment to spit a mist of water into the air, creating a dramatic visual. He then continues his march down the ramp, eyes locked on Angle, a look of focused determination on his face. Reaching the ring, Triple H ascends the steel steps, pausing at the apron to survey the crowd before stepping through the ropes. He removes his jacket, tossing it aside as he prepares to face off against Angle in what promises to be an epic showdown between two of WWE's finest.

PICK YOUR POISON MATCH
TRIPLE H vs. KURT ANGLE

The referee signals for the match to begin, and both competitors circle each other cautiously, sizing up their opponent. Angle and Triple H lock up in a test of strength, each trying to gain the early advantage. After a series of counters and reversals, Triple H manages to take control with a well-executed arm drag, grounding Angle momentarily. Angle quickly regains his footing and counters with a snap suplex, showcasing his superior technical wrestling skills. The two continue to exchange holds, with Angle targeting Triple H's legs and Triple H focusing on Angle's arm.

As the match progresses, Triple H starts to build momentum, landing a series of impactful strikes and knee drops. He targets Angle's midsection, weakening him with a series of knee lifts and abdominal stretches. However, Angle fights back, countering a Pedigree attempt into an ankle lock, forcing Triple H to scramble to the ropes for a break. The momentum shifts once again as Triple H manages to dodge a moonsault from Angle, followed by a spinebuster that leaves Angle reeling. Sensing an opportunity, Triple H goes for the cover, but Angle kicks out at two, showing his resilience and determination. The intensity of the match reaches a fever pitch as both superstars exchange high-impact moves and near falls. Angle hits a belly-to-belly suplex, followed by a series of German suplexes, showcasing his incredible strength and agility. Despite the punishment, Triple H manages to kick out, refusing to stay down. Triple H counters an Angle Slam attempt into a DDT, seizing the moment to regain control. He delivers a punishing knee drop from the top rope, but Angle once again kicks out at the last second, keeping the match alive.

As the match approaches its climax, both superstars are visibly exhausted, but neither is willing to give an inch. Triple H attempts another Pedigree, but Angle counters into another ankle lock, wrenching it in the center of the ring. The crowd is on the edge of their seats, sensing a possible submission victory for Angle. Despite the excruciating pain, Triple H manages to roll through, sending Angle crashing into the referee knocking out the ref inadvertently. Triple H goes for a pedigree but Angle counters into an ANKLE LOCK!!!! Triple H taps out but the ref is down and out and doesn't realize what's happening. Angle lets go and tries to wake the ref up but all of a sudden…..BROCK LESNAR rolls in the ring and grabs Angle and hits a massive F-5. Lesnar slides out of the ring. Triple H seizes the opportunity, hooking Angle's leg for the pinfall. The referee groggily counts, "1, 2, 3!", and Triple H emerges victorious in this epic encounter.

WINNER:
TRIPLE H
via pinfall in 15:45

As the camera pans away from the victorious Triple H, it shifts backstage to find Chris Benoit watching intently on a TV monitor. His gaze is focused, likely his Backlash opponent, Triple H. The intensity in Benoit's eyes suggests he's always ready for a fight, even after his earlier confrontation with Triple H.

Suddenly, the same camera catches a glimpse of The Rock leaving the arena. His iconic presence is unmistakable, drawing the attention of everyone in the vicinity. The Rock is just steps away from his vehicle, seemingly unaware of the impending danger lurking nearby. Without warning, Batista and Ric Flair emerge from the shadows, launching a surprise attack on The People's Champion. Batista grabs The Rock and delivers a devastating Batista Bomb right on top of his own truck. The impact resonates throughout the area, leaving The Rock vulnerable and dazed. Flair and Batista hold The Rock in a standing position, ensuring he has no chance to recover. The moment is tense, the air thick with anticipation for what comes next. Suddenly, Randy Orton strikes, hitting The Rock with a vicious RKO on top of the truck. The crowd's gasps echo in the background, the shocking turn of events leaving everyone stunned. But Orton isn't finished yet. He waits for a moment, letting the gravity of his actions sink in. Then, without hesitation, Orton delivers a brutal punt to The Rock's head, further incapacitating The Great One. As the camera captures the aftermath of the assault, Raw cuts to black, leaving the fans in shock and disbelief. The heinous attack on The Rock serves as a chilling reminder of the lengths Evolution will go to assert their dominance. Orton is heard saying “SEE YOU AT BACKLASH …..GREAT ONE.” The show concludes with the image of The Rock lying on the ground next to his truck, surrounded by the members of Evolution, as Raw fades to black.

** Backlash 2004 **
April 11th, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta

** Confirmed Card **

World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Benoit (c) vs. Triple H

TITLE vs. CAREER

Randy Orton vs. The Rock

Women's Championship
Victoria (c) vs. Lita

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy Mustang