WWE to launch Saturday Morning kids show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
WWE will launch a Saturday morning program geared towards children on August 25, Los Angeles Time reports.

In two weeks, Saban Brands will launch Vortexx, a five-hour block of original children’s programming aimed at young boys. The slate of shows will air on the CW television network, with WWE Saturday Morning Slam anchoring the block.

The half-hour program will feature one wrestling match a week, as well as Superstar profiles, behind-the-scenes footage and anti-bullying messages via ‘be a STAR.’

Saban Brands approached WWE about doing the show after executives noticed toys featuring WWE Superstars were among the best-selling items. According to Los Angeles Times, WWE’s research shows that children, including a “healthy contingent” of boys younger than 12, consist of 22% of their viewing audience. Saban and WWE are hoping to capitalize on the data with Saturday Morning Slam.

Eric Pankowski, senior vice president for WWE creative and development, said the organization is aware of potential media concerns of violence airing on a program geared toward children.

“We are very sensitive to the fact that we are speaking to an audience of children,” said Pankowski. “We want to make sure that the content that we put on at 10 o’clock on Saturday morning is appropriate for younger audiences.”

Santino matches and Funkadactyls galore.

source

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
NO bad thing if it gets kids into wrestling at an early age plus the bio's and stuff could be interesting.

Also liking the huge be a star push at the min so defo a good thing imo.

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
Why would they make a show that already has the matches and ads that Raw has? and bios? I believe there are some on wwe.com? :facepalm1:

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Funkadactyls :haha: anything that makes booker go shucky ducky quack quack isnt PG :burns:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Bradshaw said:
Why would they make a show that already has the matches and ads that Raw has? and bios? I believe there are some on wwe.com? :facepalm1:

Yes but not all kids under 12 are gonna be on the internet are they?

Plus they won't be around for RAW as many of them would be in bed!

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
Cloud said:
Yes but not all kids under 12 are gonna be on the internet are they?

Plus they won't be around for RAW as many of them would be in bed!

Don't they have WWE Exprience aswell?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Bradshaw said:

I admit to not knowing as not got Sky so what shows there are on there I'm unaware.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bradshaw said:

Experience hasn't aired in America since 2006.

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
Sounds interesting and could make some money for WWE. Some people have no Internet and you do realise that it is for under 12's so 8 year olds may watch it and if they are allowed to stay up until 11pm or whenever RAW finishes in America, they are lucky bitches.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'm going to be pissed off if these kids get matches like Wade Barrett vs Daniel Bryan, 3 Stages of Hell and we get Santino vs Brodus in a Dance Contest on RAW :angry:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
NO! said:
Sounds interesting and could make some money for WWE. Some people have no Internet and you do realise that it is for under 12's so 8 year olds may watch it and if they are allowed to stay up until 11pm or whenever RAW finishes in America, they are lucky bitches.

Thats what I was trying to say!

:yes:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
WWE creating new marks. As if there weren't enough kids with Cena shirts on the audiences.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think I realized the point of PG. Before the PG stuff and when I was a kid during the hunter hearst helmsley area and good SD era, kids would still watch it but would love beating the shit out of somebody after. It was like that with kids back then so I guess now the whole PG thing is about having good kiddy kind of segments and storylines and all so it doesn't influence kids too much.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah as I remember when Power Rangers first came out and the uproar it caused which by todays standards seems tame but back then with kids immitating it caused a massive argument!