WWE Superstars - September 4th 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
WWE_Superstars-Logo.png

WWE Superstars
September 4th 2014
The Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA

Emma vs Alicia Fox

Coming off her various losses on both Pay Per View and on weekly episodic programming in the WWE for both Emma and Alicia Fox, a win for either one of these Divas would be ideal for there career, that's the only thing with Superstars, it can make or start to resurrect a career. The match starts off with Emma outsmarting the former WWE Divas Champion and everything is going her way, until she collides with Alicia Fox's boot. At this juncture in the match Alicia Fox is in complete control and to her credit she hits a decent Northern Lights suplex but she only got a two count. She applies a chinlock to utter silence, however she makes up for it as she hits a sidewalk slam on Emma which sends her through the middle rope and down to the floor! Back inside the squared circle and Emma is on her comeback and she hits a nice running spear onto Fox who is sat on the bottom turnbuckle and she also hits a splash of the top rope, but Fox rolls over into a cover situation but still only gets a two count. Emma tries a roll up of her own but she gets a two count and Fox finishes it with a scissors kick to get the win. * A good outing by both of these Divas and to be honest i wouldn't have given a rats ass if this match was on RAW. Perfectly acceptable wrestling.

Sin Cara vs Justin Gabriel

I am afraid i have got some bad news...... Sin Cara's annoying lighting system is back and i couldn't have been more angry because i was looking forward to this match when it was hyped at the start of the show. The match starts off with some very nice fast paced action which included several drop-down spots with flips all over the place. Sin Cara goes on to hit several armdrag's and hits a dropkick which was just a little bit low on the body for my liking. Gabriel hits a nice clothesline of the second rope and Gabriel is slowing the pace down and is applying a abdominal stretch, which makes sense considering Gabriel's finisher is the 450 Splash which will affect the abdominal, the question of the night will Sin Cara sell this or not, place your bets now. Whilst on the floor Sin Cara quickly kicks him in the head but Gabriel is right back to work and aggressively attacks Sin Cara who is defenseless at this time. Sin Cara gets back up to his feet and doesn't sell the ribs in one way shape or form, screw you Sin Cara how hard is it to hold your dam ribs. He hits a belly to back suplex and a springboard crossbody. He also connects with a headscissors takedown, but Gabriel stops him continueing his offense because he hits a Tornado DDT of the second rope but dam it only gets a two count. He goes on to hit a springboard moonsault and goes up top to hit the 450 splash but Sin Cara stops him and hits a C-4 of the top rope and covers him to get the win. *1/2 Ergh he even landed on his ribs on the way down. I would have given this match a near two star rating if it wasn't for Sin Cara's awful selling abilities, Hey Sin Cara that's why you are in NXT you moron, learn the art of Professional Wrestling before you get your fancy ass lighting affect like you are something special. The match itself was good and had several good spots in, worth a watch.

Overall - 2.5/10

You have to remember with Superstars that it only has two matches which is why the overall rating looks so bad, however both of the matches were fairly good and the Divas especially showed me that they can actually wrestle.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah, back in the day (am talking 90s) used to love Superstars. The last time I really enjoyed it was when the Coach was doing his heel thing on there. Anyway, they sound like two okay matches even if I am not a big Sin Cara fan.

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
Yeah, back in the day (am talking 90s) used to love Superstars. The last time I really enjoyed it was when the Coach was doing his heel thing on there. Anyway, they sound like two okay matches even if I am not a big Sin Cara fan.

I don't think anyone is a big Sin Cara fan over the age of eight

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I don't think anyone is a big Sin Cara fan over the age of eight

Our Lord and Savior, Troy, was. But he died a year ago. Moral of the story? Adult fans of Sin Cara die.

Nice review. Hopefully this becomes a weekly thing

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
Our Lord and Savior, Troy, was. But he died a year ago. Moral of the story? Adult fans of Sin Cara die.

Nice review. Hopefully this becomes a weekly thing

Cheers buddy :) I am really digging reviewing at the moment and will try and review as much as i possibly can

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Every time i watch Fox, I cringe. At any moment it feels like shes going to accidentally kill someone!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Every time i watch Fox, I cringe. At any moment it feels like shes going to accidentally kill someone!

Really? I thought she was seen as one of the better female workers. I have not seen enough of her to comment.

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
The only issue i have with her is that when she bumps she lands on her ass or legs instead of taking it on her back

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The only issue i have with her is that when she bumps she lands on her ass or legs instead of taking it on her back
Flair bumps on his hips and never flatbacks.

Different strokes.