WWE superstars in Japan.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Not sure of how much interest they'll be in this one but we'll give it a shot. Here are a few matches from well known WWE names under the puro style.

Owen Hart vs Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit.)

Owen Hart vs Ultimo Dragon

Benoit vs Jericho

Owen Hart vs Jushin Liger

Chris Benoit (Pegasus Kid) vs Eddie Guerrero (Black Tiger Mask II)

Just a few examples of people mainly known for the WWE style working a completely different style. If anyone has any other feel free to post them.

Goldberg

The Artiste
Reaction score
I remember when I wrestled in Japan.

Me vs Rick Steiner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CLiYIaAeng[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CLiYIaAeng[/video]

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
People need to watch Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson. They're pretty awesome in Japan. They wrestle mostly in tag team matches (as Bad Intentions), but they have some great singles bouts as well.

Reactions: Testify

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JoeRulz said:
People need to watch Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson. They're pretty awesome in Japan. They wrestle mostly in tag team matches (as Bad Intentions), but they have some great singles bouts as well.

It's surprised me how much Bernard has improved. He never really impressed me as either A Train or Albert.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Gianto Bernardo is a completely different guy in Japan, it's amazing how much he improved over there. He's probably the best giant in wrestling today. He's a great heel character too. And let's not forget the Machine Gun Anderson too.

Reactions: Testify

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I remember watching that Benoit/Jericho match when reading Jericho's book. One of my favorite matches of all time

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I remember watching that Benoit/Jericho match when reading Jericho's book. One of my favorite matches of all time

It was an amazing match. The Owen vs Benoit one was also amazing imo. It seems to be a forgotten gem. It's a big shame it didn't last longer tbh.