WWE star set to return from injury next week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
Wade Barrett is slated to wrestle Yoshi Tatsu and Justin Gabriel on next week's WWE events in Japan.

Barrett was injured in February while catching Dolph Ziggler when Ziggler was thrown from the ring during a Battle Royal on Raw, suffering a dislocated elbow. Barrett underwent surgery in March.

During his downtime from the ring, Barrett shot a supporting role in the WWE Studios film "Dead Man Down."

:mark:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's about damn time. Hopefully he gets a nice return, if ADR doesn't win the belt at SummerSlam, I can easily see Barrett and Sheamus feud for the belt.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Omigosh :wank:

No, seriously, I can't wait for Barrett to return. He's always been one of my favorites. I just hope they give him a goddamn new theme this time, because seriously, the last one he had just plainly sucked.

They should consider giving him the one I used for e-fedding as him. :EG:

[video=youtube;qTTU_TwjX2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTTU_TwjX2M[/video]

But seriously, he should win a World Title asap and "dethrone" Sheamus.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Wade back. Other than Ziggler, there isn't a better young star in the company right now. I'm very excited to see what they do with him.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Meh

Unles if he magically learned how to wrestle a match that isn't gimmick based one on one, where he can be hidden or outright carried, doesn't impact much. He is fine to take the strap off Santino but that's it basically as he can't work a straight match that well to be in the IC or world title scene

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I wouldn't push him to the Main Event, I think a match against Christian would be nice and then push him

Just look at Rhodes, IC Champ and was said to be pushed... Now on Superstars.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would be nice to see him back he was gaining back some ground in his feud with Orton after being pretty stuck post Nexus. Smackdown could use him as one of their top heels and wouldn't mind him to be groomed to take the belt off Sheamus.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
hes decent .i see him as an upper midcarder no doubt.the timing of his injury stunk for him as he probably woulda won mitb but it could be a blessing in disguise because as someone mentioned earlier his in ring work could use some tuning.not a lot but just a bit i.e. he needs a new finisher and they need to give him a theme that dosent sound like leftovers from the most recent wwe game.

AF.

Reaction score
Hopefully they have something good planned for his return rather than him beating a random wrestler.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Why the hell do you guys want him in the midcard? Makes no sense. Imo the guy has spent a lot time in the company and gained enough experience to go straight to the main event. The original plan for him that he was scheduled to win the MITB and the WHC made perfect sense to me. But sorry, I don't wanna watch him open RAW (1st or 2nd match) or see him in useless pointless matches against Santino.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Awesome news. If Del Rio doesn't win at Summerslam, Sheamus/Barrett fueding for the title will be something to look forward to.

Blujay

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited to see him back. Ever since the first time they gave him a microphone I KNEW he had something special about him. Barrett NEEDS this feud with Sheamus to get his spot back, if they indeed want him in the main event light. I could easily see this as the WHC feud sometime between now and WM. I hope he keeps the beard and comes back a little more ruthless. I also hope his in-ring work has improved. He's no Sheamus in that ring but where Sheamus lacks on the mic, Barrett excels. I would personally love the feud and I'm stoked to see where the Barrett Barrage goes now!

Edit: I apologize if this is repetitive. I'm drunk. ;)

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Why can't Sheamus/Del Rio just get more violent after SummerSlam? It would make sense depending no matter which guy won. It's like a good rivalry is building but people already want to move on.

AF.

Reaction score
Anybody else think he should completely reboot his character? New gimmick, new music, new attire. I think he desperately needs a freshen up and a strong storyline to work with.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I can't wait for him to return. I've always been a fan of Barrett. I just hope they don't made him into a mid-card wrestler. He needs to get pushed really fast and head to a feud against Sheamus. I'm not a fan of this superhero Sheamus so it would be perfect for Barrett to come back, have some PPV matches against Sheamus just like ADR and then take the belt away from him.