WWE Star Possibly Injured During Friday's Live Event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to recent reports, WWE Superstar Ted DiBiase may have suffered an injury during his match with Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinental Championship at the live event in Winnipeg on Friday night.

Live reports from the show claim DiBiase suffered an apparent arm injury, prompting the referee to throw up the "X" sign, calling for help to get DiBiase to the back.

You can read a full report from the WWE live event in Winnipeg at the following link: WWE House Show Results (1/20): Winnipeg, Manitoba

We'll update you on DiBiase's status as more information surfaces.

Damn, hope it's not too bad but could it be good for him? If it is a injury that could keep him out for quite some time, he could eventually come back better than ever with a revamped gimmick and as a heel. WWE has stuffed up on him recently and he should be one of the top midcarders, the guy has good in ring ability and has some decent mic work. The wrestling history in his family really helps too.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I hope he gets better sooner rather than later assuming he is injured. DiBiase has been getting over well enough lately since turning face.

I'd like for DiBiase to get more mic time in the future. I think he's good mic skills. Maybe not a whole lot, but certainly he could improve if given the time.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not a big loss for Smackdown because Ted DiBiase is barely in the midcard these days. He needs to change a lot before he can work his way back up the card. Funny how things work out, many expected Ted to be the star of Legacy but clearly Cody has had the better career so far.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Damn it, I was just getting into Dibiase/Hunico especially since the feud is built off the fact Hunico wasn't invited to a Dibiase Posse Party even though anyone is allowed to show up. Such ridicolous idea but has made for some funny moments on SD! as of late.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
More Specific Details On Ted DiBiase's Potential Injury
Former WrestleZone.com staffer Chris sent along the following updated details about Ted DiBiase's potential injury sustained at the WWE live event in Winnipeg on Friday night.

"I was sitting ringside behind Brie Bella for the Winnipeg house show last night and Jack Doan visibly said and I quote "he hurt his wrist" and then put up the X sign toward Brie and company. Just thought you could use a better description than he injured his "arm" somehow."

Several readers have also sent in word that DiBiase was pulled from last night's live event in Fargo. This would seem to confirm that the injury is legitimate enough, as he was kept out of the ring.

There's some more details to add to this thread, hope it's not too serious.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He would be hoping that he will be able to make the Rumble as it is his best chance of appearing on a PPV in a long time. Give him a rest from Smackdown this week and from house shows and hopefully he can heal up in time to be one of the thirty.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
He would be hoping that he will be able to make the Rumble as it is his best chance of appearing on a PPV in a long time. Give him a rest from Smackdown this week and from house shows and hopefully he can heal up in time to be one of the thirty.

I agree, most guys hope they don't miss out on the events like Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. They get a decent pay day compared to other PPVs and shows.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WrestleZone said:
Ted DiBiase Confirms Injury, Updates His Royal Rumble Status
WWE star Ted DiBiase confirmed on Twitter that he did indeed suffer a wrist injury at a recent house show event.

While he did not reveal the details of the injury or the severity, he did note that he still plans to attend this Sunday night's Royal Rumble PPV for a pre-show "DiBiase Posse Party."

I'm sure the severity will be revealed sooner or later.

Deuce

Reaction score
As long as he does well or is in the Royal Rumble match, I'm happy.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
OH MY GOD THE DIBIASE POSSE PARTY IS STILL ON FOR THE RUMBLE.

Hunico to trash that shit.

Deuce

Reaction score
I'm hoping that he heals up, I think this guy has main event potential and I have seen that he dominates those mid-carders. He may not win EVERY mid-card match he's in but I think he wins most of them. I am hoping to see this guy become World Heavyweight champion sometime in the next couple of years, I think he could make a good champ on Smackdown. I wouldn't mind seeing this guy have a couple feuds with people like Big Show, Daniel Bryan or even Sheamus, if he moved to Raw, I'd like to see him feud with Punk, Miz or even Zack Ryder. That's just my opinion.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Ted DiBiase Backstage
Ted DiBiase is backstage for tonight's WWE SmackDown tapings in Tucson, Arizona and sporting a brace on his wrist according PWInsider.com. DiBiase has been trying to downplay the injury to those within WWE.

I'm doubting it's too serious if he's willing to downplay it.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ahhhhhh yeah more Hunico/Dibiase on tap?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Ted DiBiase Reveals The Extent of His Current Wrist Injury
Injured WWE star Ted DiBiase has posted the following details on Twitter:

"To answer a lot of questions about me being injured, Its true. Broken wrist, torn cartilage. Wanted to know for sure b4 I announced anything."

Damn, as I said, I'm doubting it's that serious but I know jack shit about injuries. Is that something bad?