WWE SmackDown Live Event Results From El Paso, TX (7/7)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
What an unbelievable show here at the El Paso County Coliseum. The arena was not a complete sell out but it was very close, but most importantly the fans were into the show since the opening bell rang. Here are the results with some notes.

- Sin Cara defeated Hunico in a back and forth match, probably one of the best matches of the night. Sin Cara came out to huge pop, but Hunico had a decent pop as well since his character is from Juarez, Mexico and he was also a Burges High School graduate here in El Paso. I was seating ringside and at one point Hunico pulled off Sin Cara's mask, exposing a good portion of his face.

- Vickie Guerrero defeated Kaitlyn with special guess ref A.J. This was a quick match as Vickie was running around the ring a lot pushing and shoving both Kaitlyn and A.J. The finish saw Vickie shove Kaitlyn into the turnbuckle and followed up with a roll up. After the match A.J. fought Vickie as she shoved A.J. from behind, which got a good pop from the crowd.

- Ryback defeated Drew McIntyre.

- Cody Rhodes defeated Christian for the Intercontinental Championship with his feet on the top rope. This forced Teddy Long, who was the acting GM for the show, to come out and restart the match. Christian ended up defeating Cody to retain the title. This was also a great match, both this guys have developed great chemistry working together.

- Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. Sheamus came out to a huge pop, while Del Rio had a mixed reaction but then got heat for calling the home crowd "wetbacks." The finisher saw Sheamus give Del Rio the Brogue kick. Also I got a Sheamus autograph on my authentic spinner belt, just thought I would throw that in there.

Intermission

- The Great Khali defeated Jinder Mahal, this was the first time I saw Khali live and, WOW, he is huge!

- Kane defeated Chris Jericho. Both men came out to a huge pop but Jericho turned himself heel to the crowd after yelling at a kid in the crowd.

- CM Punk defeated Daniel Bryan in a street fight to retain the WWE Championship. This was the match of the night with great back and forth action. After winning the match, Punk grabbed the mic on the entrance ramp and ended the show by saying "Viva La Raza," since were are in Guerrero Country!

Biggest Pops:
1) CM Punk
2) Sheamus
3) Sin Cara

Mixed Reactions (No one really had heavy heat):
1) Daniel Bryan
2) Chris Jericho
3) Alberto Del Rio

As noted above, this was not a complete sellout, but it was very close. CM Punk did a little Eddie tribute by also doing his dance and shaking of the shoulders after his match.

Source: WrestlingINC

Good booking for the divas match. Putting AJ as special ref. A heel Vickie winning on a house show.
Ryback continuing to face real jobber instead of locals. :ryback:
Liked how Rhodes won but then Teddy comes out for rematch..:finger:
Nice mixed reactions. :obama:

Everything else is just the same as any other house shows.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Drew :upset:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
By the lack of description in the Ryberg match I guess he walked around for a bit, nodded then did his finisher. Wish he'd do more, he has potential but that's all he is at the moment.