WWE signs Olympic wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
0e11aff4da0acec1a725c2023ca647d6.jpg

Quote:
- WWE has signed amateur wrestler Chas Betts to a developmental deal. He will begin training at the WWE Performance Center today. Betts was a member of the 2012 US Olympic team in Greco-Roman wrestling at 185 pounds. Betts posted on Facebook this weekend:

"On Oct. 19th of last year, I asked Kristi to give me one year to attack and pursue a new dream after I retired from Greco-Roman Wrestling...

It ended up taking two weeks longer than I asked for, but I think she'll forgive that -- considering we've moved to sunny Orlando, FL just as the Minnesota winter was about to kick in.

I am proud to announce I have signed a contract with WWE and begin training tomorrow at the WWE Performance Center here in Florida. For those that have known me a long time, you know being a pro-wrestler has been a dream of mine since I was 11 or 12 years old. I'm honored and humbled by the opportunity. I am extremely lucky to have a wife and family that has supported me in every dream I've chosen to chase, however unlikely it may be. Never underestimate the power of a good support system, people!

For those interested in following the journey, feel free to follow me @chasbetts on Twitter. See ya down the road, friends!"

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...dDQjJvD1h1z.99
So lets talk about Angle jr.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
DOES HE PRACTICE THE THREE I'S? IF NOT.... FUCK HIM AND THE HORSE HE RODE IN ON!

Reactions: Dat Kid1

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Marked for the Robert Jordan reference.

No it's Stephen King, dude!! The Dark Tower! :) Robert Jordan is good from what I've heard, I've never read that series of his though.

Stopspot

Reaction score
No it's Stephen King, dude!! The Dark Tower! :) Robert Jordan is good from what I've heard, I've never read that series of his though.
My mistake. A key element in Jordan's series was time repeating itself. Every character being a re-incarnation of a person from long ago and events happening again and again and again (world thrown into madness and such) and trying to break the pattern.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
My mistake. A key element in Jordan's series was time repeating itself. Every character being a re-incarnation of a person from long ago and events happening again and again and again (world thrown into madness and such) and trying to break the pattern.

That's very cool. You should definitely read The Dark Tower series. I am sure you'd enjoy it a lot.

It's the core of Stephen King's universe, and a lot of his most famous books are connected to the Tower in some way.

Stopspot

Reaction score
That's very cool. You should definitely read The Dark Tower series. I am sure you'd enjoy it a lot.

It's the core of Stephen King's universe, and a lot of his most famous books are connected to the Tower in some way.
Had friends recommend it to me a couple of times but I always back off since King tends to be hit and miss with me. Currently reading the emperor of thorns trilogy. Debut trilogy from a new writer which is pretty darn interesting.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Had friends recommend it to me a couple of times but I always back off since King tends to be hit and miss with me. Currently reading the emperor of thorns trilogy. Debut trilogy from a new writer which is pretty darn interesting.

Yeah the Tower isn't for everyone, but I thought it was incredible considering it took him over 30 years to finish all 7 books. If you do intend on reading it, avoid looking at anything on the internet. Don't let someone's opinions or thoughts spoil it or affect your view of the series before you get a chance to read it yourself.

What's that series about that you're reading now? I'm about to start A Dance With Dragons, book 5 in A Song of Ice and Fire AKA "Game of Thrones series" for HBO folks.