WWE Says Tensai Will Be Reprimanded For "Inappropriate Comments"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE has issued an apology for a video Tensai posted late Monday night on the video sharing network Tout that could be perceived as racially insensitive toward Asian people.

"While in character, Lord Tensai (Matt Bloom) clearly took his storyline too far and he will be reprimanded for his inappropriate comments," WWE states, according to the Pro Wrestling Torch.

The video, which has since been deleted, showed him traveling with his "personal chauffeur" Sakamoto to Indianapolis—the site of tonight's SmackDown taping—following Raw, and he remarked that it's "very, very dangerous" to drive with a Japanese person. He then slapped Sakamoto as he drove and ordered him "to open his eyes."

Another racially charged remark toward Sakamoto was made on Raw as commentator Jerry "The King" Lawler quipped following the Tensai vs. Tyson Kidd match, "When Tensai beats up Sakamoto, he changes his name to Sum Ting Wong."
[video=youtube;Fqh9wMk9VJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqh9wMk9VJI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

There's the video in question, but I don't see how they can fucking reprimand him seen as though they're burying the fuck out of him anyway because of their incompetence to book him half decent. Let me guess, nothing will happen to Lawler though, right? :hm:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think WWE just needs to get everyone together, all wrestlers, commentators, and on-air talent... and just get everyone on the same fucking page with this shit. It's really not making the wrestlers themselves look foolish when so many people are getting suspended for shit that's "against the rules" or "over the line". It's clear many people in WWE have absolutely no idea where the line is and when they're crossing it.

I can defend some of WWE's decisions to punish the wrestlers, but I can't do that when it's happening to so many people. Really makes me wonder where the lack of communication is.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I laughed at the comment Albert made. But I guess WWE should set of a school for what not to do and what to do.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You can't say shit anymore based on these last few days lol. I know they gotta do this to attempt to protect their public image but same time as we have seen the public is always gonna talk shit about WWE regardless.

BDC

Reaction score
I mean, he's a heel...can't the heels say borderline things? Or do they have to be NICE too...stupid...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Heels still have to Be a Star, you know.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I mean, he's a heel...can't the heels say borderline things? Or do they have to be NICE too...stupid...
I'm sure that's how all the heels on the roster think. But no one's telling them where the line is.

- Jericho kicks a flag in Brazil that leads to a suspension, claims he "didn't know it was illegal"
- AW gets a live mic during matches and gets to talk shit, drops a rape joke
- WWE pushes a new social media platform, then Tensai makes borderline racist comments about Asians on it

There's no communication with these wrestlers. WWE should punish themselves for this mess.

I don't find any of it offensive personally, but it looks like the wrestlers aren't near as PG-conscious as the officials bringing the hammers down.

Reactions: 1 person

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
That was gold, especially the slap and I didn't find it offensive at all. Especially since how much Bernard has embraced the Japanese culture since working there for so long and you could tell both guys are good friends and were just having a joke. Really it could of been taken two ways with what he said anyway. Heels can't even be heels anymore. Such a joke. WWE is becoming so PC it is almost painful.

AF.

Reaction score
Bitch ass company. If asians are offended with this they should become better drivers. They suck.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That was gold, especially the slap and I didn't find it offensive at all. Especially since how much Bernard has embraced the Japanese culture since working there for so long and you could tell both guys are good friends and were just having a joke. Really it could of been taken two ways with what he said anyway. Heels can't even be heels anymore. Such a joke. WWE is becoming so PC it is almost painful.

The world is becoming too PC the first frivolous lawsuit is to blame.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Jerry Lawler said:
Another racially charged remark toward Sakamoto was made on Raw as commentator Jerry "The King" Lawler quipped following the Tensai vs. Tyson Kidd match, "When Tensai beats up Sakamoto, he changes his name to Sum Ting Wong."

:lmao :lmao :lmao

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
they can just future endeavure price alberts fat ass for all i care.if he was gone i doubt anyone would care.

Reaction score
Anyone in the WWE right now would have to be a complete idiot not to see the direction the company is going. If someone doesn't react well to that Tout post and it becomes an issue, guess what the WWE will do. Not like it's the first time the WWE has punished a wrestler or an executive for the bullshit that comes out of their mouths. Anyone stupid enough to make a joke based on an old and tired stereotype deserves what they get.

In fact, if the WWE were to have said the guy got suspended 60 days for murdering comedy, I'd still agree.

The only thing that I believe the WWE is doing wrong is not being consistent in how they treat these things. I don't think Lawler's joke is anywhere near the same level, but once you have writers or guys feeding jokes to Lawler treading those waters, of course rasslers will think that's fine for them too.

It should be obvious that people might not react well to race or rape jokes. Anyone that gets popped for either offense should get no sympathy.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
The only thing that I believe the WWE is doing wrong is not being consistent in how they treat these things. I don't think Lawler's joke is anywhere near the same level, but once you have writers or guys feeding jokes to Lawler treading those waters, of course rasslers will think that's fine for them too.

It was funny. (atleast imo)