WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Hello all I am the Darth Man and here is my review of the Royal Rumble now before I begin never tried this before so best of luck to me to get this done right.

Daniel Brian vs Mark Henry vs Big Show (Triple Threat Steel Cage)

Ok I wasn't happy with this match because 2 of the competitors were not 100% Mark Henry in particular was hurting pretty bad as he wasn't involved in the match much except for being rammed into the cage repeatedly which I think that he was hit as hard as he was selling they would've destroyed the cage.
Brian won the match by weasling out of the match yet again now I don't mind Daniel going for cheap victories but can we give the guy a proper win please over someone who isn't a jobber (Kofi Kingston) and get him away from Big Show and Mark Henry there are other guys Brian could feud with and its one of the reasons I think that it was wrong for Kane to move over to Raw he should've been on Smackdown done his feud with Mark Henry and gone into a title feud for a bit as he can have a way better match with Daniel then Big Show or Mark Henry.
Now the over the top stuff is annoying to me celebrating every victory like he won the title or lost his virginity whichever.

Match rating 6/10

8 Diva tag match

Not even going into much only mention is that I think Beth hit Nikki or Bri a bit too hard with the tag cause whoever it was looked like they were going to cry other than that the match was god awful.

Match rating 2/10

Kane vs John Cena

Match itself ok I was fine with Kane being in control most of the match and only Kane's Mandible Choke and Cena's poor excuse of an STF both got used and I think for a guy who doesn't use submission moves other then for rest holds I think that Kane pulled off that choke well making it look realistic Cena's on the other hand he looked like he couldn't be fucked locking in his hold properly and I actually think that Kane threw him off rather roughly as a way to get him to pull his head in because Cena worked a bit better after that.
Double Countout ending was dissapointing I wish Cena had taken the loss even if it was by DQ but the ending after the no contest with Kane laying out both Cena and Zack Ryder which by the way I know they changed the injury but Ryder should've been carried into the ring not thrown in because he ran and ruined the injury angle.

Match rating, after match included: 7.5/10

Brodus Clay vs Drew Mctinyre

I don't care for Drew but both could've been used for the rumble this shouldn't be but still I hope that the funkasaurus gets a feud soon I thought he was going to get one with William Regal maybe they'll team up for a comedy tag team or something like that.

Match rating: 3/10

CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler

This was a good match it would've been great if it wasn't for some slight overbooking in the finish, the ref was out and Big Johnny trying to be the unbiest ref who is obviously trying to screw over CM Punk, Dolph had a great showing until then and I don't think he got buried but I do think it wasn't good to have a guy who will be a wwe champion in 2012 probably by Summerslam.

Match Rating: 8.5/10

Royal Rumble Match

Ok there was some good stuff in here but the overall match was pretty average so we start off with A-RI vs Miz and A-RI gets eliminated after about 2 minutes and out comes R Truth and I actually had it in my head that John Morrison was gonna be number 4 which would've been a bit funny and a mark out moment but it ended up being Cody Rhodes and he and Miz double teamed truth until Justin Gabriel came out and evened the faces and heels, and soon Mick Foley comes out and I will say this he looked a lot better then he did when he was on Raw helping out Punk but not by much anyway we had a battle of Mr Socko vs the Cobra which was entertaining, and soon we have Jerry Lawler who broke his record time for being in the rumble by about 84 seconds, soon after that we have the Great Khali coming out he actually got a nice reaction from the crowd and Booker T is in as well he and Khali got eliminated by Cody Rhodes and I started to think maybe Cody is gonna pick up the legend killer gimmick, and Micheal Cole is in and acts like his usual toolish self, now a big mark out moment Kharma comes out I wish that Micheal Cole got hit with Kharma's finisher but at least he got eliminated by Kharma, Road Dogg comes out and gets a you still got it chant but he's not coming back full time I don't think but it was pretty bad on suprises for royal rumble.
Final 4 guys are Sheamus, Orton, Show and Jericho, Orton and Show got eliminated at the same time and 5 minutes after Jericho got eliminated and despite what people think Sheamus was the right guy to win.

Match rating 7/10

Now the rumble match has added the total women to compete in the match to 3 I do wish that Kane was in the match if only to break Shawn Micheals record Shawn can be the first guy to win the rumble at number 1.

I hope next years rumble is better and WWE start pushing some more guys because the lack of star power this year was very obvious this year.

So this was the review hope you enjoyed it :)