WWE Raw thread, Dec. 23, 2019: Rollins challenges Mysterio in bid for dominance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Omg stop. He needs to be out there competing.
So he can go back to doing nothing of consequence and we have to go back to shit commentators.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Omg stop. He needs to be out there competing.
His biggest contributions to the business will be after his in ring career is over.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Should've curb stomped Becky then called her a stupid whore.
Facts.

I'd have stomped her head right after the match with Baron and Lacey and taken her The Man shirt and reclaimed his nickname.

DammitC

Reaction score
Highlights of Raw:

- Kevin Owens/Seth Rollins/AOP post-match confrontation + attack

- R-Truth/Akira Tozawa 24/7 city segments

- Becky Lynch/Kabuki Warriors segment

- Aleister Black gives Buddy Murphy the Black Mass after refusing his handshake post-match

- Randy Orton/Viking Raiders vs O.C

- Samoa Joe stands up to AOP post-match as an attempt to save Rey Mysterio + Seth Rollins setting up an ambush on Joe by the AOP

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Joe’s commentary after the attack on Owens was great and I loved him standing up to Rollins and AOP at the end. If this means Joe is healthy, then him and Owens going against AOP and Rollins should be fun.

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
I posted this on WF, so don't mind if I do here. I'm way too tired (and have to get some sleep) to post a slightly differently worded rendition of this:

Seth back to wearing his 2014 MITB black leather gear complete with one of his gloves he used to wear, too. :mark:

Loved the end part with Joe when Seth walked away like everything was cool and then muttered under his breath to AOP, "Finish him." What a BOSS.

This "I'm a leader. I'm a visionary." delusional heel is such a perfect fit for him. When Seth was still a face and even still getting cheered, we all used to say we can't wait until he turns heel again and returns to some of his old ways with the cackle and whatnot and the annoying laugh and shit-eating grin. Well, to this date, he hasn't done the cackle or shit-eating grin not even once yet and he's been a heel for a month now. I'm shocked that they managed to turn him heel, book it all extremely well without relying on any nostalgia of heel 2014-2105 Rollins. It's a complete new evolution of the Rollins character. I'm still shocked they're booking this so well. Why can't they do this for everybody else, too? Either way, Rollins is KILLING it right now and is the best character in the company these days.

Last edited:

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Seth v. Joe. In ROH, this was simply a dream match for the fans. A young, hungry Tyler Black, wrestled the superior vet in Joe. It was an amazing match that I recommend anyone to check out.

Fast forward, WWE, Joe comes in as the "new guy" for Rollins' already established run as the second top guy on RAW leading up to HHH/Rollins. It was somewhat perfect, minus Joe being the "right hand man".

Now, the wheels are reversed, and this possibly the best thing going on in WWE feud wise. Rollins character has more definition to it now more then ever. I get vibes of Jimmy Jacobs sometimes when he speaks now. His mentor in Jacobs has become who he is in ways. Joe, a man who's been torn apart, possibly losing his career, realizes that what Seth is doing is despicable. This is such a perfect story being told. I tuned in after hearing Joe's post match comments, and he is a GOD on the mic. Always has been.

This has got my attention. I'm now invested, and this decade long feud has remained fresh each time, and the result leaves me satisfied. The challenge of Joe being a babyface isn't hard, just let the man do what he does best; wrestle and tell bitches to sit their ass down and be humble!

JOE'S GONNA KILL YOU!

:heston

Reactions: Deezy and DammitC

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really solid show, and that ending segment fuckin' ruled. Even though Joe got his ass kicked, he still came out looking like a fuckin' boss IMO. Can't wait to see where they go from here with that.

Reactions: Deezy and DammitC