WWE RAW 15th August 2011 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Big enziguri by Del Rio by only for a two count. Mysterio just rolled up Del Rio for another near fall. Good match to close the show.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Lame ending.

Rey hit 619 and then goes for a splash but Del Rio double knee then pin.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Mysterio hits the 619, goes for the tappole splash but Del Rio counters it with his knees and rolls him up for the pin.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Del Rio working on injuring Rey (He's injured tbh)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Del Rio takes it to Mysterio after the match and locks in the armbar.

John Cena makes his first appearance of the night to huge cheers. Cena runs off Del Rio.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
John Cena for the save...

Del Rio v Cena will happen at NOC I guess.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cena takes the microphone. Says that he has a bunch of reasons to be pissed off. Says he is pissed at Del Rio? Doesn't Cena know that MITB winners can do that.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Wow, Never seen Cena like this before.

Nice promo there.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Says that Del Rio isn't a champion but a target. Cena getting really fired up.

Cena just buried Mysterio. Said to Del Rio that eventually he will have to defend the title and if it is against Cena he will lose. Did John Cena miss the mainevent where Del Rio defended his title?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thinking about it it is actually a smart decision by WWE to drag this Nash/HHH thing out for more than one week. Gives people a reason to tune in next week to find out the next part of the story.

TheZig

Reaction score
^ Yeah true, I was hoping to see more with this angle but i suppose its okay. Im guessing we will see HBK next week and maybe Waltman?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't see them bringing anyone else in. Nash was the only one to attack Punk and the only one used as a gun for hire. The other guys wouldn't make much sense.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Right my thoughts on this weeks raw.

The main event was very good, and it was important they were given a decent length match and that the new champion went over clean.

Actually really liked Cena's post match promo, and for the most part I think he delivered it with conviction, the one flaw I agree Troy was that he slightly buried Rey by stating that ADR is yet to face real compiltation. Anyway I am more in favour of a triple threat at NOC with Punk involved too, lets face it was him who beat Cean at Summerslam to win the title, to just erease him from the title picture just like that would be wrong.

Another thing I liked about the show was that we saw and heard less about Cena, he was mentioned at start, and then we saw him at the end, but that was it, so unlike most raws, it was not Cena overkill, and in a way Punk got more of the spotlight, which I like.

Enjoyed falls count anyway match, it worked to JM's strengths, and him and truth have decent celmstry and put on a solid match, which of course should have happened at ss, not on two back to back raws.

Divas bout I didn't even watch, it looked terrible, and I am bored of KK going against one or both of the Bellas in tag or singles. Also the fact that Beth and Natalya were relegated to just appearing on the stage post match just to let us know that they might do something else heelish in the future was an insult.

The non-title tag match was reasonable, although too on the short side. I think Kingston and Bourne might be a good thing as a team, epsically for Bourne as it seems WWE have no clue what to do with him, and being tag champion would certainly be a step up from his position as of late.

Swagger-Riley did nothing for me, partly because of how short it was, and how green Riley still is, add to that the stuff with Vickie and Dolph which personally I didn't find entertaining and just took away from the match. Although I did like Swagger's refenence to Vickie later about the old school stables, and how it might benefit her to add him to her team, wheather it would benefit Jack I don't know, but like Bounre it sure has to be a hell of a lot more better than what he has been doing recently.

Punk's promo oppisite Nash was very entertaining again, although the big man frankly seemed to be phoneing his in, like the others I think they just about got this right, by not revealing too much.

So a bit hit and miss really, there was no dramatic develpments like we expected post-summerslam, but there is a promise of more to come, and if WWE are actually taking their time with something then that has to be a good sign. Most of the matches were of a high standed, and the main event delivered, and like I said the Cena promo was good, so more good than bad, I just wish there were more signs of things changing underneth the main event, that is WWE's big problem right now.