Raw WWE RAW 13th January 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Shits picking up on Raw, wonder what guy took the reigns of creative this year.

Think the ending was good, but I think WWE panicked and did it too early, would've rather this happened on the Raw after Rumble when D-Bry won it, he reveals this was his plan, because he lkearned after his troubles with the Shield that 3 on 1 isn't smart, so he outsmarted the Authority, and now has his guaranteed title shot.

Crowd was awesome tho. If that means ratings, I'll bump old threads of me saying "wait and see ffs".
I think its a good thing they have everything up in the air from the business side. They have to negotiate TV deals for all their main shows in Raw, SmackDown, Main Event, and Total Divas so fox, NBC, Disney, or Viacom pay big money that they've always been shorted. They have to launch a network and appeal to a subscriber base with the ditching of the ppv model. They have to show the investment in the performance center is worth it (live NXT and NXT in general as a network focus). They have to have mania 30 go perfectly. It's literally all hands that they can grab on deck like Dave, Brock, Van dam, Jericho, Taker, Hunter, Rey, and the like ... Point is this mania season may be very entertaining on screen and very stressful behind scenes because they need everything to go well, which is great for fans.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
That ending was a seriously great sight. If Bryan doesn't get a big slot at Mania it'll be a travesty.

My first thought was that they had Bryan turn on them a bit too soon, but I guess they want to speed it up before the Rumble and book a match between the two on the show. Hopefully it was also to get the storyline out of the way and have Bryan put into a bigger program heading into Mania.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
If Daniel Bryan is not in the main event at Wrestlemania XXX, the WWE will watch as his match totally steals the life out of the crowd and they fall silent the rest of the night. WWE would be STUPID to not capitalize on Bryan's momentum... you want to talk about an amazing Mania moment? You do it with Bryan ending the show leading the Yes! chants!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That ending was hot as fuck and agreed when JR said it was Attitude Era reminiscent with the crowd. I thought the match itself was pretty poor tbh and the ending of the match just seemed flat. Agree with Deezy too that I think the turn came too quick and I wonder if they realised they made a massive mistake in having him "turn" in the first place so wanted to right the wrong asap.

Yet to watch the Kofi/Orton match but saw that it got a fair bit of time and was shocked that Kofi went over. Yeah I get it led to Orton snapping and taking out Cena's dad, but the loss still seemed strange. Just seems like Kofi booking all over does this, seems like he might have an angle somewhere only for it to be shattered next week. I suspect he either loses to Orton in 2 minutes or goes back to jobbing to some scrub like Fandango and acting like nothing ever happened.

#Emmataining too :mark:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I didn't even notice Emma at all. I seriously had to go through a rewatch the segment. I didn't hear the commentary about it, didn't see her or the sign or anything. I thought people were crazy when I was reading on line that Emma appeared on Raw. Wonder if they do anything out of it because that little camera bit hardly did anything to get her noticed.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That ending was hot as fuck and agreed when JR said it was Attitude Era reminiscent with the crowd. I thought the match itself was pretty poor tbh and the ending of the match just seemed flat. Agree with Deezy too that I think the turn came too quick and I wonder if they realised they made a massive mistake in having him "turn" in the first place so wanted to right the wrong asap.

Yet to watch the Kofi/Orton match but saw that it got a fair bit of time and was shocked that Kofi went over. Yeah I get it led to Orton snapping and taking out Cena's dad, but the loss still seemed strange. Just seems like Kofi booking all over does this, seems like he might have an angle somewhere only for it to be shattered next week. I suspect he either loses to Orton in 2 minutes or goes back to jobbing to some scrub like Fandango and acting like nothing ever happened.

#Emmataining too :mark:

Agree with the turn bits. I mean he joined and turned in what a month? It'd be even better if The Wyatts set up the whole bit just to troll the fans, but I doubt that is the case. I mean Bray is no Joe Carrol (am i right @LUCK! ) Guess we'll continue to see DB vs. family member of the week just hope they don't drag it out till Mania which for some reason I think they will

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Nah, the turn was perfect.

Saw on Bleacher Report, they had this theory that Kane held the key for his buddy Daniel Bryan. Basically since the Wyatt's took him out, he couldn't be there to watch Bryan's back when the Authority were dominating him, so Kane planted himself in The Authority while Bryan planted himself in The Wyatts... and that they might be working together to take everything out.

I don't know that WWE booking is THAT smart, but I definitely like the idea that Kane helped Bryan out here. THAT would make sense and be cool with me. I just pray it doesn't become Team Hell No vs. The Wyatt Family at Mania.

Like I said before, if Daniel Bryan is in anything OTHER than the main event at Wrestlemania 30, the whole show following him will be stale as fuck. Crowd will shut themselves up AFTER Daniel Bryan's match. If he's in the main event for the title and wins it? WWE will have one of the most special crowd visuals of all time at Mania of all places. Vince couldn't dream of a greater orgasm than the one he'd get with Bryan winning the title at the end of Mania this year leading the YES! chants to end the show.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So just the one line about the turn being perfect?

Bryan as a Wyatt was better than I expected, but it just didn't have that feel of, "I need to see this build." And I know they anticipated a big reaction... but NOBODY knew it was going to be THAT BIG. And like you said, stretching this out to Mania may have been a horrible idea, so deciding to bring it to "an end" at the Rumble is the wise choice.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So just the one line about the turn being perfect?

Bryan as a Wyatt was better than I expected, but it just didn't have that feel of, "I need to see this build." And I know they anticipated a big reaction... but NOBODY knew it was going to be THAT BIG. And like you said, stretching this out to Mania may have been a horrible idea, so deciding to bring it to "an end" at the Rumble is the wise choice.