WWE Production Upgrades

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
WWE will be doing a lot of production upgrades in the months leading up to WrestleMania 29. One upgrade is that WWE will be purchasing the latest state of the art HD television cameras to replace the company’s existing equipment.

There has also been talk of WWE once again experimenting with 3D technology. Last year WWE negotiated with Fathom Events about showing a 3D version of WrestleMania in movie theaters, but a deal with the events company was never reached.

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-planning-production-upgrades-3d-discussed-austins-show-renewed/

Finally, true 1080p HD instead of just upscaled 720p. 3D WWE could be epic, but it could also be a disaster. Seeing Taker do his over the top rope jump in 3D with him jumping towards a camera would be epic.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I would pay a lot of money to see Wrestlemania live in a movie theatre in 3D. The sound, the screen, the epicness. If this comes to fruition next year might be the first Wrestlemania I won't attend after going to the last 4, this year being the 5th

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I don't know how all the 3D business works, so I must ask:

How effective do you guys think it'd be considering it's a live show and all?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Meh, I always watch crappy streams and download stuff in lower quality so it's not that big anyway. :haha:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
leojay said:

Live show or taped, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
leojay said:

Well at home 3D is ineffective IMO, but if I'm in a theatre it works very well. As far as being live goes, almost any show can be turned into 3D now a days with the right technology. Now if WWE is investing in 3D cameras then I live feed would be no problem, it would be the same as using any other camera.

I have never watched wrestling in a theatre so the experience would be the equivalent to a live show in my estimation. You're in a theatre with fellow wrestling fans who will be marking, good sound, food, 3D. It would be like having a skybox, but with a bigger TV screen.