WWE NXT about to EVOLVE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
nxt-645x370.png

For those who have asked about rumors regarding WWE and their developmental system working with WWN, the parent company of EVOLVE, Full Impact Pro and the now-defunct Dragon Gate USA, PWInsider.com has learned from WWE sources that there has been communication between the two sides about working together and that communication was initiated by WWE about a week ago or so ago.*

*That's about when Ring of Honor landed on national cable TV with their Destination America timeslot, so whether that was a factor I can't say 100%, but it looks like it could be.* EVOLVE released a video thanking TNA for working with them around the same time.

In regard to stories making the rounds (some attributed to me) that WWE is buying WWN or that it will be a new "OVW" style promotion assisting developmental, there's nothing to those stories at this time - we are told that whatever this deal is, and it's not a done deal by any means, it's all still being worked out and that no "official deal" has been set in stone.*

PWInsider reached out to WWN's Sal Hamaoui and Gabe Sapolsky but they did not return requests for comment. WWE has not responded to official requests for comment as of this writing, either.
I have no idea how I feel about this if it were true. At this point it looks to be nothing more thanks a rumor; however, if they do go this route, I think they're trying capture that "indy style" with NXT. I could be okay with that of done right.

What are your thoughts? Punks discuss.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's a pretty interesting story, but unfortunately we need more to go on before making an opinion. Can't see WWN being a developmental company, but a partnership seems very weird.

One to watch for sure.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I'm okay with professional wrestling promotions trying to create working relationships. I think they could get along just fine, even though history doesn't really show it. Could be great opportunities for the WWNLive cats.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
A bit more on this:

PWInsider reports that their source claims the timing of WWE talking with WWN actually has as much or more to do with the ROH/Figure Toy Company deal than it does with the ROH/Destination America deal. As reported, WWE was unhappy with Ring of Honor releasing a Kevin Steen action figure and the source confirms that news.

According to the source, the WWE/WWN relationship would apparently have WWN start to sign top indy names to exclusive deals that would include merchandising and licensing rights. This would allow WWE to have an easier time with licensing rights if they decide to bring the talents into WWE.

The source adds that SHINE being under the WWN banner is appealing to WWE as well, as they are interested in having a group of women that they could potentially sign and bring up into NXT use. SHINE is based in Florida, which makes it easier.

Basically, the deal would boil down to an official WWE/WWN relationship with any WWN-signed talents able to be picked up by WWE without any of the usual outside hassles that may come into play. Again, the deal is not done and there is no guarantee it will be completed, but it is being pushed by top officials in WWE’s developmental.

Long story short, WWE is a bit pissy with ROH, so want to streamline the recruitment process by budding up with WWN. So more of a feeder system rather than a full blown developmental. I suspect WWN would probably see some WWE money for this.