WWE: 'Memorable' star discussed shock WrestleMania 'retirement' with Triple H

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Rey Mysterio discussed retiring from WWE with Triple H at WrestleMania 39, GiveMeSport has learned.

Mysterio will be going into the Hall of Fame over WrestleMania weekend, an honour usually not given to active wrestlers.

As such, WrestleVotes has told GiveMeSport that Rey's induction was nearly coupled with a full-on retirement at WrestleMania 39.

Will Rey Mysterio retire from WWE at WrestleMania 39?​

As noted, Rey is going into the WWE Hall of Fame next weekend, likely as the headline act for this year's class.

Mysterio is also slated to be in action at WrestleMania 39, going one-on-one with his son Dominik Mysterio for the first time ever.

Interestingly enough, WrestleVotes has told GiveMeSport in an exclusive interview that Rey's match with Dominik was discussed as potentially being Mysterio's last at one stage...

At one point, it was discussed that Rey Mysterio was going to retire at WrestleMania. But I don't think next weekend is his last match, regardless of the Hall of Fame.
However, that doesn't seem to be happening with Rey's retirement not being brought up as part of his storyline with Dominik on TV.

So, why isn't Rey retiring at WrestleMania 39?

Well, speaking about Rey won't be finishing his career at WrestleMania, WrestleVotes said that he felt "reinvigorated" by his current storyline with his son, which could have pushed back his retirement by another year.

This storyline kind of reinvigorated him a little bit. So I don't know if he agreed to do another full year, let's say and retire at 40. I don't know if he's going to drag this out with Dom until they feel like it's complete.​

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Looks like this Wrestlevotes jumped the gun and assumed like we all did when it was announced that Rey Rey was retiring......and after running with that assumption are backpeddling.

Fucking "plans changed".