WWE is on fire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I'm satisfied with the effort, WWE is HOT.

This year's Wrestlemania is shaping up to be the most stacked card in recent momory, there's so much going on, so many storylines to follow, it just makes each show feel like a "can't miss" event and I'm happy about it. RAW tonight, barring some awful guest host segments, made me wish Wrestlemania was tomorrow because there's so much to look forward to. Taker/HBK, Bret/Vince, Punk/Rey, Trips/Sheamus, Cena/Batista, Orton/Legacy, Jericho/Edge, and MITB...ALL ON ONE CARD!!!

On top of ALL this, WWE is set to bring in "Stone Cold" Steve Austin to guest host RAW, who knows what they have planned for that show. Could we see the return of Jim Ross? Will Austin have something to say about the ongoing Vince/Bret saga?

WWE's done a lot wrong over the past few months, but with this month being the final home stretch before Mania, I have to admit they've got me hook line and sinker. I just hope they can keep this up AFTER Mania as well, its great to finally enjoy WWE again.

TNA on the other hand....ugh.

Thoughts?

Wordlife

On top of ALL this, WWE is set to bring in "Stone Cold" Steve Austin to guest host RAW, who knows what they have planned for that show. Could we see the return of Jim Ross? Will Austin have something to say about the ongoing Vince/Bret saga?

Apparently this is the last Raw Guest Host too, couldn't have a better fit host to be the last one.

TNA can't top this, as much as TNA has been flourishing lately, WWE has beaten them easily, just by the card they have for Wrestlemania. I also am looking forward to it, and hopefully, like you said, it shapes up and gets better after WM. Maybe the Draft will shake things up once again, and start a new year fresh, considering all the new PPV changes they have been making.

Mister J

Reaction score
RAW was awful tonight. I guess i should expect that now though. Batista's promo was the only thing interesting.

Dr. Evo

Reaction score
I thought Raw last night wasn't that bad and actually some of the segments with Cheech and Chong were quite funny. I am fed up with Hornswoggle now though and either they get rid of him or do something else now that DX are on a "break" so to speak. I am looking forward to Mania a lot especially now it seems Taker/HBK are going use their mind games over the next few weeks to get the upperhand over one another. Also the Batista/Cena feud seems more interesting now and their segment last night was solid and Batista played the crowd very well.

xtremebadass

I have to say TNA chose a really bad time to go head to head with Raw. Maybe they should have waited until after Mania.

Alot of things the WWE is doing going into Mania shocked me...

1) Ziggler in MITB.
2) Didn't tack Hart and McMahon onto Cena/Batista
3) Punk in a worth while Mania singles match
4) Swagger in MITB
5) WWE turned Cena/Batista into one hell of a feud in one night, well for me anyways because WM21 was my favorite, everything has come full circle for me as a wrestling fan lol

noumenon

I wouldn't say ON FIRE... but it's definitely better than last year. I'm definitely looking forward to more matches on this years card than last.
HBK vs. Undertaker... although I was initially against it, the stipulation has sparked my interest a bit more.
Jericho vs. Edge.... finally Jericho is "main eventing" Mania... or at least holding a major title going into the event. I'm just hoping he doesn't drop to Edge just yet.
CM Punk vs. Rey... anything with Punk will be gold, and after the year the guy has a had he more than deserves a singles match.
MITB.... finally some new people in this fucking match! Christian is looking like the pretty obvious favorite, which makes me very happy.
HHH vs. Sheamus... honestly pretty excited about this one, let's see how it develops.

I could really care less about Cena/Batista and whatever the fuck happens with Vince and Bret however.

LKP

Batista's promo last night was very good. And Cena at the end gobsmacked made it all even better. I want to see more of that from batista. Im trying to think what orton and legacy are going to do at Wm 26. One part of me though last nite legacy vs orton/Rock or austin i dunno why.

straight_edge76

This years mania should by all means be the best of the last 4 or 5 years imo. Jericho finally is getting to "main event" Wrestlemania which he is imo more then deserving. Even though I do not want him to drop the WHC to Edge just yet, I would love to see Jericho with a good 4-6 month run with the belt.

Taker/HBK which I initally didn't want to see has sparked my interest with the Streak VS Career stipulation. This match will no doubt by the focal point of this year's Mania. I cannot remember a match of the last few years that had nearly as much emotion packed into it.

MitB is looking to be pretty awesome this year with Christan as the obvious favorite to win. It's refreshing that MitB staples like Punk and Morrison (who I am sure is going to still get into the match) aren't going to be in the match and guys like Swagger and Ziggler are given a chance to shine at Wrestlemania.

Rey/Punk should by all means be great. They have proven that the two of them can have some good interactions with one another. I was honestly happy to see that Punk wasn't going to be in MitB and is going to be given ameaningful single match at Mania. If anybody deserves a big tima Mania match is is Punk.

Sheamus/HHH I honestly am looking forward to. Unlike Cena and Orton, Triple H really knows how to put a guy over. This match could honestly make or break Sheamus' credibility as a legit moster heel. For the most part since coming to Raw he has either looked dominant or like a complete bitch. This past week on Raw I liked how Sheamus appeared to be the stronger of him and Triple H. If Triple H can do anything near what he did for Batista Sheamus will have a brighter future in the WWE then his skin color lol.

I could give a shit about Cena/Batista, Bret/Vince and whatever the women do tbh. I am actually interested to see what they do with ShowMiz and The IC championship, The Miz and Drew have both proven this year that they deserve to be sowcased at Mania. But what teams are legit contenders for the Unified Tag Team Championships? And what mid-carder who is not currently involved in MitB is over enough to warrent a IC title match? R-Truth maybe?

-TJ-

From any fan's standpoint, this has to be the most stacked Wrestlemania card in recent memory (Maybe a close second to WM 19)

To be honest, the way the matches will be build up is actually pretty believable, including Sheamus vs. HHH.

Very interesting, I think they watched WM 25 one night, two months ago, and it lit a fire in all of them.

Nation

The WWE is not so much "on fire" after ruining the whole Bret/Vince feud.

Reaction score
Raw sucked last night. Wasted But cheech and Schlong, but to Cheech's credit he was in to it. The main event was tits and the promos from HBK, Cena-Batista and Hart were uber tits. But besides that, they are the most entertaining company going right now. The road to Wrestlemania is being built great although the stupid booking of Legacy's break-up is getting the reverse affect they wanted. But HBK/Taker, Edge/Jericho, Bret/Vince and Punk/Rey have me stoked, I could care less for MITB as the choices outside of Christian and Benjamin suck. Sheamus and Trips would have been better for the title, but it is certainly refreshing to NOT see HHH in a title match and perhaps that snooze fest he had with Orton last year woke Vince up a bit.

But thus far I find some glaring omissions: Where do ShowMiz fit in? Who's credible enough to give them a nice match? Everyone is pretty much tied up unless they make like a 4 way match with all the spares like the Hart Dynasty, Cryme Tyme and umm...Masters and Henry or something like that.

And maybe give the NXT guys a thrown together battle royal or something to give them some exposure, plus they could turn it into an episode and get some angles out of it.

The best thing I like about this Wrestlemania is that there aren't any major angles being built around celebrities this year, it's entire merits are all wrestling based. No Trump, Mayweather (even though that was entertaining) or Mickey Rourke. This is shaping up to be the best Mania since 20.

Mister J

Reaction score
The WWE is not so much "on fire" after ruining the whole Bret/Vince feud.

That is the feud that should be emotional right there. You're talking about a guy who has waited over a decade to give his farewell to all of his fans. Bret/Vince should have the fans eating out of their hand.

xtremebadass

I guess I am the only member on IWF that really cares about Cena vs. Batista :(

TJ nailed it. I think they must have went back and looked at how WM has slipped since WM23. It has gotten worse and worse every year. Maybe they are finally turning it around because it is definitely showing through the card.

Jericho hasn't main evented since WMX8, it is about damn time he gets his rightful time to shine.

LadyHotrod

That is the feud that should be emotional right there. You're talking about a guy who has waited over a decade to give his farewell to all of his fans. Bret/Vince should have the fans eating out of their hand.

The problem is the entire way they went about it.

The Raw he hosted, there was a lot of emotion. Now, it's totally lost all feeling and gotten so fucking stupid. They weren't able to hold on to the 'deepness' of the feud and just made it out to be a joke.