WWE is interested in bringing back former performance center talent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Triple H has brought back several former WWE stars to the company since taking over creative in July as the company’s Chief Content Officer.

“The Game” is reportedly interested in bringing back another name, and that’s EJ Nduka, a 6-foot-5 former college footballer and bodybuilder who previously wrestled for NXT as ‘Ezra Judge.’

In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that WWE has expressed interest in signing him as his MLW deal is expiring soon.

Meltzer wrote, “EJ Nduka, who has gotten rave reviews from management here, has his contract coming due imminently, and there is interest in him from multiple promotions, including WWE having expressed some interest in bringing him back.”​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Thought he was about to be the next MLW champ but I guess that's pending now lmao

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
We're posting this as if it means a damn thing what HHH thinks anymore

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Multiple promotions are reportedly interested in signing MLW World Tag Team Champion EJ Nduka.

A new report from the Wrestling Observer notes that Nduka’s contract is set to expire imminently, and that there is interest in him from multiple promotions, including WWE. Nduka has also been discussed in AEW, and Japan.

Regarding Nduka’s MLW contract, Fightful Select adds that the deal actually expired a week ago, and Nduka has been a free agent since January 1. He’s honoring Saturday’s booking for MLW Blood & Thunder in Philadelphia, where a title change is possible, and there’s been no word on possible contract extension talks.

It was noted that MLW officials have had significant praise for the 34 year old Nduka.

Following a career in gridiron and arena football, and as a professional IFBB bodybuilder, Nduka was signed by WWE on August 15, 2019. His signing came after a tryout in December 2018, and another tryout in April 2019. He went on to briefly work WWE NXT as Ezra Judge, but was released on May 19, 2021 along with other budget cuts.

MLW signed Nduka in June 2021. He has since found success in the promotion, and is the current MLW World Tag Team Champion with Calvin Tankman.​

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Still can’t believe a girl I went to HS with in Canada dated him while at university in Texas

• Wow
Reactions: Chris

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Guy has been a ton of fun in MLW. Would actually like him in AEW paired with Swerve rather than someone like Parker Bordeaux. In WWE if HHH stays in power, I think he would do well

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Guy has been a ton of fun in MLW. Would actually like him in AEW paired with Swerve rather than someone like Parker Bordeaux. In WWE if HHH stays in power, I think he would do well

I knew nothing of him since he was never on TV in WWE but the first time I saw him in MLW I was like how the FUCK did WWE release this man lol he checks literally all the boxes for both Vince or HHH even

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I knew nothing of him since he was never on TV in WWE but the first time I saw him in MLW I was like how the FUCK did WWE release this man lol he checks literally all the boxes for both Vince or HHH even

Yeah he is still fairly new to wrestling but I really don't get how they cut him cause he is pretty damn good for someone with his experience

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah he is still fairly new to wrestling but I really don't get how they cut him cause he is pretty damn good for someone with his experience

Age was the only thing I remember thinking bc they seemed to have just been blindly cutting older people still in NXT at that time

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Free agent and MLW World Tag Team Champion EJ Nduka is reportedly weighing his options with top pro wrestling companies.

As we’ve noted, Nduka’s MLW contract expired in January. He then debuted for the company at the January 28 tapings in Orlando, losing to Konosuke Takeshita in a bout that aired on the February 7 edition of AEW Dark. It was then reported that Nduka was offered a full-time AEW contract after the match. Nduka had interest from multiple companies when his MLW contract expired, including from WWE and those in Japan.

In an update, a new report from Fightful Select confirms that AEW offered the deal to Nduka, but he had not accepted it at last word. Instead, Nduka has been evaluating his options.

It was noted how part of that evaluation has involved some contact with WWE, but there’s no word yet on the extent of that contact.

Nduka also has “heavy interest” out of Mexico and Japan, with one Mexican company offering Nduka a contract.

Nduka’s MLW contract expired in January but he is technically still one-half of the MLW World Tag Team Champions with Calvin Tankman. Their taped match with Juicy Finau and Lance Anoa’i of The Samoan SWAT Team will air soon, and that looks to be Nduka’s final match with the company.

While with the company and at the end of his run, MLW officials had nothing but significant praise for Nduka, and he has talked about how MLW gave him opportunities and took a chance with him.

Following a career in gridiron and arena football, and as a professional IFBB bodybuilder, Nduka was signed by WWE on August 15, 2019. His signing came after a tryout in December 2018, and another tryout in April 2019. He went on to briefly work WWE NXT as Ezra Judge, but was released on May 19, 2021 along with other budget cuts. He signed with MLW in June 2021.​

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Honestly, he should go to WWE. He's a good talent, but I think he'd get more time in WWE.