WWE In Talks for a Major Show In Australia

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE is working on plans to return to Australia.

A new report from the Wrestling Observer notes that WWE is negotiating with the state government of Western Australia to run a major stadium show.

The deal would be similar to when the city of Melbourne made a deal with WWE twice to run stadium shows, one of which was the Super Show-Down pay-per-view. It’s believed that WWE would run the city of Perth, which hosted UFC 284 at RAC Arena in mid-February.

The last major WWE event to take place in Australia was Super Show-Down 2018, which was held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne, headlined by a No DQ match between WWE Hall of Famers Triple H and The Undertaker, with The Game getting the win. WWE usually runs at least one main roster tour in Australia per year, but they have not been there since 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. WWE NXT ran its first-ever tour of Australia in 2016.​

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That Perth crowd was great for the UFC show recently and I'm pretty sure it was early in the morning for them too but they were wild

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I'm all for the shows going overseas as the crowds are so hot because they don't get them often. I see no downsides to it at all.