WWE Holiday Schedule

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
By Mike Johnson on 2024-09-27 10:59:00
For those writing and asking why WWE did not announce the annual 12/26 Madison Square Garden event that has been a tradition for decades as part of their press release today pushing holiday season live events, we are told that was by design.

The 12/26 event is on the books but WWE still has an October Smackdown taping at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and the 12/14 Nassau Coliseum Saturday Night's Main Event special, so they are currently focusing on those events but will eventually, officially announce their return to MSG.

So, no, the tradition was not killed.​

Reactions: Crocker

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I actually was thinking there was a slight chance they wouldn't do the 12/26 MSG show.

They haven't announced where Netflix Raw #1 is. I doubt it'll be in some lower tier market. Figured MSG was a high choice (if available given the Knicks and Rangers use the building).

if it won't the MSG for Netflix Raw I'm guessing it'll be Crypto.com in LA. Sphere would be a sick choice too but they'll be there in April so doubt know.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I actually was thinking there was a slight chance they wouldn't do the 12/26 MSG show.

They haven't announced where Netflix Raw #1 is. I doubt it'll be in some lower tier market. Figured MSG was a high choice (if available given the Knicks and Rangers use the building).

if it won't the MSG for Netflix Raw I'm guessing it'll be Crypto.com in LA. Sphere would be a sick choice too but they'll be there in April so doubt know.

The logistics seem terrible like you spelled out here and it might just be that the new management isn't gonna prioritize that tradition if it's not convenient. Not really a negative to me (I don't live there tho) and obvious you guys are still gonna get shows regardless at MSG sometimes so nbd if it's dropped

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The logistics seem terrible like you spelled out here and it might just be that the new management isn't gonna prioritize that tradition if it's not convenient. Not really a negative to me (I don't live there tho) and obvious you guys are still gonna get shows regardless at MSG sometimes so nbd if it's dropped
oh yeah I'm thinking you want a major market for ease of getting everyone in and out, guaranteed hot crowd, etc. They go to something like Topeka Kansas and who knows what the crowd is.

Yes part of me selfishly wants it at MSG so I can go to it but even then I kinda wanna watch it on Netflix anyway lol. Plus MSG will always be the home turf for the company (WWE is still based in Stamford and isn't leaving as they just built the new building last year).