WWE hires former TNA ref

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
WWE has hired former TNA referee Rudy Charles. Charles worked the NXT tapings last night and has moved from Tennessee to Florida.

Rudy Charles was one of the first employees of TNA, beginning with the company in 2002. He left TNA in 2009, although he did appear on the Thanksgiving 2011 edition of Impact Wrestling.

I liked Rudy Charles in TNA, so i'm pleased to see WWE has hired him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Meh, referee's don't have an identity these days so to speak, so nothing to write home about.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Still a very important job as Jake Roberts once said "it takes three men to have a good match" or was it bad match? Still pretty smart.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Plenty of experience so on that basis it seems like a good signing. I agree that a referee does play a role in creating a good match, their timing and positioning are important but for the most part it is best if they aren't noticed during the match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
^ Still a very important job as Jake Roberts once said "it takes three men to have a good match" or was it bad match? Still pretty smart.
I know that, but what I was saying was that gone are the days that referees seemed to have an individual identity (can't come up with a better word) like in years gone by with guys like Earl Hebner or Nick Patrick for example. That's why I was saying this is nothing to write home about.