WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2009

• Thread starter Solid Stinger the Big Boss
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

First Inductee: Stone Cold Ste:v:e Austin
Second Inductee: Bill Watts

I'll update the list as more people get inducted. Meanwhile you guys can answer me some questions

Do you think its to soon for him to be a Hall of Famer?
If so, then why?
What are your predictions for future Hall of Famers for the Class of 2009?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
No, he's awesome. He's done enough to earn his spot tbh

Ken Shamrock?

Also.. I think some guy announced on a radio show that he got inducted. I think he's a promoter, you might want to check up on that

noumenon

Yeah, I'm still a bit shocked that they're already inducting guys from the attitude era. But then again, it's not like he's going to be making a return to the ring so I suppose now's a good a time as any.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, Bill Watts already confirmed he's in.

But really, they should induct Stone Cold and The Rock together.

However that won't happen for marketing reasons. They'll advertise this Class as the Stone Cold HOF Class, and will save The Rock for later so that they can advertise that class as The Rock HOF Class.

SnackZ

Reaction score
No, he's awesome. If Rock got into the HOF, than Steve Austin better get in it too.

Ken Shamrock?

Also.. I think some guy announced on a radio show that he got inducted. I think he's a promoter, you might want to check up on that

You're insinuating that the Rock is in already and that is not true. He's not.

On topic - I think its too soon but the right time. Sounds weird but I'll try an explain. Austin has been appearing a lot since his supposed last match and is still pretty much a part of the company and his career before the E was mediocre at best. His importance to this industry however from 96 thru 2002 is pretty much unparalleled except for Hogan and the NWO as making wrestling as mainstream as it ever was. That being said, its in Texas, he's the Texas Rattlesnake and he DOES deserve to be in the HOF even if ONLY for the Attitude Era. So again - too soon as in his career is not far enough gone but perfect timing as in its in Texas and its WM25.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
^ You quoted me as I was editing my post.... o_o

noumenon

Definately perfect timing... ^well said.

I think in his relatively short time wrestling Austin really had more of a profound impact on the business than just about 90 percent of the other inductees into the HOF. And as I said, it's not like we'll ever see him wrestling full time (if even another match) again so why pass up the oppurtunity of doing it on the 25th anniversary of WM and in his home state.

CenaHardy

Reaction score
I think they should induct John Cena, Batista and Rey Mysterio.

Who is Bill Watts?

Airfixx

^^^^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Watts

"We are proud to induct SCSA into the WWE HOF 2009....."

Austin: "Bleep... Bottom Line... Bleep Bleep... Says so.... Bleep....hell yeah, Bleep Bleep.. Beer Bleep Bleep (and so on.)"

Get some clips that you don't have to censor, ffs! ....The bulk of the footage shown when they announced his induction on Raw was totally incoherent.

Who else?

"We want Savage... We want Savage.... We want Savage!"

...C'mon Vince, bite the bullet and induct The Madness!

C4

Bill Watts: I have no idea.
SCSA: One of the biggest superstars of the attitude era, he has achieved enough in his career to get his spot tbh

Sting, The Dudley Boyz?

"We want Savage... We want Savage.... We want Savage!"

I really hope that happens this year but it's very unlikely to actually happen. :(

Airfixx

I thought Ted Snr was already in.... In which case, yup, stop ya foolin' about Vince.

LadyHotrod

For some reason, I just don't see Austin as HoF material....he was your typical "badass" character. I don't know, I just can't look at him and think he's HoF material at all. I can look at guys like Savage and other classics and they have an HoF aura about them but Austin just doesn't do it for me....

SnackZ

Reaction score
For some reason, I just don't see Austin as HoF material....he was your typical "badass" character. I don't know, I just can't look at him and think he's HoF material at all. I can look at guys like Savage and other classics and they have an HoF aura about them but Austin just doesn't do it for me....

just sitting here at work waiting for the heat and neg rep to come your way. WOW. Did not think ANYONE would admit this. +rep jsut for having the balls to commit IWC Suicide.