WWE Friday Night SmackDown thread, Oct. 18, 2019: Reigns battles Nakamura for the Intercontinental Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Meh. I’m getting it. Graphics aren’t the biggest deal to me. Tho like I said some of the videos I saw look great. So it’s weird some don’t.

I’m sure Yukes leaving didn’t help much also. Keep that in mind.

I mean the graphics took a step back. The mechanics are bad. The story mode is your usual 2k corniness they do with the NBA games. The targeting system is wonky. That's mostly due to Yukes leaving but it doesn't mean they should get a pass lol.

But that's just my frustration with it. I hope you enjoy it. I also hope they come up with something better next year.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mean the graphics took a step back. The mechanics are bad. The story mode is your usual 2k corniness they do with the NBA games. The targeting system is wonky. That's mostly due to Yukes leaving but it doesn't mean they should get a pass lol.

But that's just my frustration with it. I hope you enjoy it. I also hope they come up with something better next year.

The career stuff like that I do personally like, the other stuff I Hope is fixed with a patch. If not I’ll just be mad I dropped that money on a game I could’ve gotten high with. Other than that I’ll just accept it. Plus I mainly play with my friends online. But I do hope next year is way better. but let’s not ruin the SD thread with this haha.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I was ready for a good time and in some ways I got it, and at moments during this Smackdown Show I was scratching my head. Roman vs Shinsuke as well as the Main Event were both fine Matches to watch. Who would of thought with the history with Bryan, and Roman that they would be such a good Tag Team together. People forget Roman beat Bryan years back to face Lesnar at Wrestlemania[might need to see that Match again] and now both are protecting each other vs Shinsuke and Corbin here. Shinsuke vs Bryan in a IC Title Match needs to happen sooner rather than later too after how both did their thing vs the other in the Tag Match as well.

Shorty Gable's Promo after the Match I dug hard. More of that guy showing he's a new Gable and not the Gable from before. All he was saying is the perfect thing to say and help people like myself who feel stepped on all the time. Shorty G for the win here! The Eight Man Tag really was done really well throughout the Match. So much energy put this Match and Otis had the best moments I felt during this Match. Otis is a legit Machine taking down four guys at once and he kept going. The perfect set up for that big Turmoil Match with all that Tag Teams next week.

Miz TV with Bayley and Sasha overall got what it needed. It had it's good parts and bad parts. Bayley was upset at the fans not being a support system when she was down and out, when she was the support system for those fans all the time I get that. I also get that when Bayley loss the Title she was already aligned with Sasha again, so you're not going support after Sasha and what she's been doing. Miz should be commented for him asking all the right questions during this Segment. I did like her taking her time before even talking, making me believe she's still conflicted to what she did last Week. You see this then I have to suffer with that 6 Pack Challenge for a Title shot vs Bayley. Don't get me wrong the ladies in that worked hard, but none of them to me says contender, and seeing as though Bayley has defeated Nikki before I'm not pulling me in that she can beat her anyways.

I was really upset with what I saw with Strowman vs Gulak. Gulak and all his contributions for 205 Live and NXT and you let him barely give Strowman any trouble just terrible. If I'm guys like Gulak I'm counting the days till my Contract is up because I fear he might be that fish food for guys more often than going forward. Still a quality SD this Week even with it's negatives.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Pretty solid episode. You can tell the brand extension is back in full swing for now bc guys like Axel and Gulak got matches but I don't mind it. Bryan/Roman legit might be my new favorite tag team, like I wouldn't even be mad if they won the titles and had a nice reign but with Reigns being SmackDown's first pick I'm assuming they want him in the main event again soon.