WWE Friday Night SmackDown: Nov 1, 2019 Thread - Saudi Turnover Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished this amazing Smackdown this Week and I gotta say that the talent on Smackdown and Raw better be looking over their Shoulders more than ever because the NXT Talent there really did make a statement. Either move outta the way or you're going to be knocked outta the way. It's crazy how in this situation with talent not being able to get back for SD, we got one of the best SD's this Year. I heard legit the NXT talent within minutes were able to get together and figure out what was going to happen and boy did it come off like this was the plan all along. Maybe it was, but I doubt it was to this degree to have NXT talent merking SD talent left and right. Shayna made the first statement and WWE just told us when she comes up truly she is not going to be treated like fool easily having her way with Sasha, Bayley and Nikki. I've never been a fan of Shayna, but I did mark out for her beating down those ladies because the Division itself has been one of the best things for NXT, and this Year the Women's Division has been a snoozefest at times.

You gotta say poor Zayn he needs something to do how about send him to back to NXT Trips because God knows it couldn't hurt when he's looking lie a goof ball on TV Week to Week. Riddle and Lee are two dangerous fellas I don't know how either SD or Raw's talent will be able to handle those guys. Miz being called out by Ciampa was great and he was the perfect guy for that moment during the Show. He's been this stupid spot for ages, no one wants to see this Miz rather the guy tearing it up on Talking Smack and I'm happy Ciampa lit a fire under him for a Week. I say damn you WWE for teasing us with HBK taking off his Jacket acting like he was going to face Bryan how dare you.

You see this Show is cooking then you see Fire and Desire taking up space on SD. I was like welp there goes the momentum till they fixed it with Nox and Ripley beating them down as did Belair did backstage as if they stole something! I really looking to what these teams look like for Survivor Series for NXT give me Io on the squad and I'll be happy.

Awesome Main Event between Cole and Bryan. Bryan was evil as fuck laying in those Uppercuts and showing you want to prove something come on this is your chance Cole. Hello Cole won over a future Hall of Famer in Bryan with no Undisputed Era Members needed, his grit and intelligence led him to the upset on Bryan, but damn this Match was laid out perfectly with both guys.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished this amazing Smackdown this Week and I gotta say that the talent on Smackdown and Raw better be looking over their Shoulders more than ever because the NXT Talent there really did make a statement. Either move outta the way or you're going to be knocked outta the way. It's crazy how in this situation with talent not being able to get back for SD, we got one of the best SD's this Year. I heard legit the NXT talent within minutes were able to get together and figure out what was going to happen and boy did it come off like this was the plan all along. Maybe it was, but I doubt it was to this degree to have NXT talent merking SD talent left and right. Shayna made the first statement and WWE just told us when she comes up truly she is not going to be treated like fool easily having her way with Sasha, Bayley and Nikki. I've never been a fan of Shayna, but I did mark out for her beating down those ladies because the Division itself has been one of the best things for NXT, and this Year the Women's Division has been a snoozefest at times.

You gotta say poor Zayn he needs something to do how about send him to back to NXT Trips because God knows it couldn't hurt when he's looking lie a goof ball on TV Week to Week. Riddle and Lee are two dangerous fellas I don't know how either SD or Raw's talent will be able to handle those guys. Miz being called out by Ciampa was great and he was the perfect guy for that moment during the Show. He's been this stupid spot for ages, no one wants to see this Miz rather the guy tearing it up on Talking Smack and I'm happy Ciampa lit a fire under him for a Week. I say damn you WWE for teasing us with HBK taking off his Jacket acting like he was going to face Bryan how dare you.

You see this Show is cooking then you see Fire and Desire taking up space on SD. I was like welp there goes the momentum till they fixed it with Nox and Ripley beating them down as did Belair did backstage as if they stole something! I really looking to what these teams look like for Survivor Series for NXT give me Io on the squad and I'll be happy.

Awesome Main Event between Cole and Bryan. Bryan was evil as fuck laying in those Uppercuts and showing you want to prove something come on this is your chance Cole. Hello Cole won over a future Hall of Famer in Bryan with no Undisputed Era Members needed, his grit and intelligence led him to the upset on Bryan, but damn this Match was laid out perfectly with both guys.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Man what an awesome show, really made me so hyped for whatever they've got planned for Survivor Series. When I first saw that ad while watching Crown Jewel that said it was going to include NXT, I thought that was cool but this show HOLY SHIT got me hyped for it. I can't believe they really let NXT win every fuckin' match they were in. Nah fuck all that conversation we had about them being developmental a few weeks ago, they're a fuckin' 3rd brand and > WWECW ever was.

One little nitpick was that none of the announcers made any comment about Tegan Nox teaming with the woman that injured her last year in Rhea Ripley, would have been a great time to talk about the respect they possibly gained for each other or something bc when I saw them together it was the first thing I thought about but then there wasn't any comment about it by anyone.

Also was ready to dislike Ciampa and Cole being all friendly at the end of the show in the ring together, but they were on opposite sides of the ring and Ciampa gave him some glares so that's good enough in my book.

What's really crazy is that by the time I finished the show I completely forgot that Brock quit SmackDown to go fight little Rey Rey :lmao But to @Sylar's comment on that, I kind of get how it cheapens the draft a little, but I'd also argue that Brock is a talent that always trumps any measly rules WWE puts in place bc (in storyline and also irl) they've catered to what he wants so much since his return in 2012 that I don't feel your example of Mandy quitting SmackDown and choosing Raw works bc if any other talent did it outside of maybe a select few top guys (and we're just talking kayfabe headcanons here) WWE would just fuckin' fire them for breach of contract, but Brock is Brock and he gets what he wants so I think that's what we're going with here. Also I think it's an alright way to switch the main belts, but if we don't get an awesome blue Universal Championship bc I think it'd look sexy af, then I'm gonna say fuck all this.

I marked the hardest for Ciampa's appearance but I'm a huge Ciampa mark so that's no surprise here, but I have the urge to send WWE a long thank you letter for giving me the Cole/Bryan dream match that I've wanted since I became a Cole fan in 2011...it lived up to all my expectations.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Well maybe WWE might do something right for once in a long time.

Use NXT more.

And, stop jacking off Brock Lesnar and non-wrestling guys like Cain.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Lol hatin' on Brock. I bet you couldn't sell out a YMCA

Reactions: Deezy

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
A lot of the NXT involvement was of course very forced and pretty one note. Can't really bash that because there was no way it wouldn't be. But eh... it was a pretty mixed bag for me.

Baszler laying everyone out did nothing for me. I'm not fond of her anyways but regardless of that, the angle was just dry as fuck. She shows up, attacks everyone, doesn't really do anything impressive or particularly vicious looking, and leaves. It lacked a real impact in my opinion. If nothing else, I would have liked a bit of mic time for Shayna to put over the impending invasion or build up Survivor Series at least. Same goes for Bianca Belair jumping Dana and Carmella. I hope I'm not the only one who peeped Carmella totally half ass selling the attack when she was leaning against the crate. Like I was seriously wondering if she was supposed to be hurt or if she was just sad that Bianca was beating up Dana.

I had to roll my eyes at Riddle and Lee pounding Zayn. I'm sure the casual audience gets a real chuckle out of seeing Zayn constantly get his ass beat, but it ain't for me. Zayn's acting was fantastic but man I'm tired of him being the company punching bag. I could say the same for The Miz but at least in Miz's case, despite the fact he takes a lot of defeats, he pretty much always looks like a legit competitor in doing so. I'd love to think Zayn (or The Miz) will eventually get to reap the benefits of putting everyone over but yeah... don't see that happening. And for what it's worth I don't feel like a two on one beatdown on the biggest geek on the roster does a lot to present Riddle and Lee as legit as they actually are either so that was just an all around bust for me.

I also thought Miz announcing that Bray couldn't make it tonight was funny in an off kilter way. Like, the thought of this supernatural abomination being stranded at the airport with the likes of Heavy Machinery and Drake Maverick is just hilarious.

I really enjoyed the main event though. Bryan, to me, carried the thing. What a ring general. Cole played his part well too, though. Quite honestly though, Bryan taking a clean loss brought it down for me. NXT literally swept the whole night and did so with ease, I might add. That doesn't really sit well with me despite the fact that I love NXT. I found it really funny though that on commentary Pat McAfee said the Performance Center makes incredible superstars. Look, there have been some wrestlers who started from nothing in the PC and have become solid stars but a vast majority of your best wrestlers in the NXT era were built on the indie scene and I'd say more often than not, they end up watered down when they make it on WWE TV. But nonetheless. Entertaining main event and I think it laid the foundation for Daniel Bryan to captain a team of WWE guys against a team of NXT guys lead by Triple H. At least that's what I'm assuming. And on that note, Triple H's promo made it sound like it would NXT vs. Raw AND Smackdown collectively. But I've been thinking it was NXT vs. Raw vs. Smackdown. So which is it because it's really not clear to me at the moment?

All in all, I have to say, I wish I would have enjoyed this show more. An NXT invasion is some fantasy booking type shit but they obviously just had to throw everything together at the last moment and because of that I feel like we blew what should have been a landmark occasion on this half baked show. The main event match up is really the only part of this show that I felt delivered and made for compelling TV. I guess they at least tried with Miz vs. Ciampa but it was average at best and really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Everything else was just generic as possible to me I'm afraid.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I also disagree with how they moved away from pushing Miz imho but wanna give people like Seth unlimited big-time pushes. But, hey that's me. I don't have the most popular opinion around here.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL at Mark's thinking outsiders shouldn't be in rasslin.......wouldn't be able to handle fucking ice tea stand let alone a rasslin company.