WWE Forums Revolutionises Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
For quite a while now @Coon and I have been planning a better experience for live discussion threads. Actually, this feature has been planned since MyBB, but since Xenforo had its own live discussion feature this sort of got delayed. However, the current live discussion add-on isn't perfect, so since then Coon has started working on it again. The feature is called "Compact Live Thread", but I'll just be calling it "Compact". The feature itself isn't an add-on as such; it's a slimmed down interface on top of the current live thread feature.

Compact is going to be much more smooth and much easier to read. You'll be able to see a lot more posts without scrolling continuously. The reason for that is because it's slimmed down and unnecessary information like avatars, post count, etc., is removed. The feature is currently in BETA mode so there will be a thread soon where users can report issues, bugs, and all that stuff, but it should be able to be in usage for tonight. If you dislike the feature, please don't rant about it and cause havoc, because you can simply "X" out of it and discuss the show like you usually would; you're not forced to use this.

Screenshots and stuff:

When you enter a thread that is live, you'll see a small expander button at the top left of the screen. Once you click that, the Compact application will appear which looks like this:

SKgv6JW.png

As you can see in this screenshot, the Compact application almost acts like a Skype chat. It's so easy to discuss the show without any unnecessary information or lag. Furthermore, you'll notice the "X" at the top left of that screenshot, that's what you click if you want to go back to using the default live discussion add-on (the one you've been using for months). The "mc" at the top right is the thread title (we so happened to test this in a thread called mc). PLEASE REMEMBER that this is still in development. As we speak, we're adding likes to the Compact application so you can continue to like people's posts. Quoting people's posts will be added in due course as well. In fact, here is a picture of what is planned for Compact:

eCiSiMa.png

All messages entered into Compact will be archived like usual, so for those who like to look back through discussion threads for reactions and what not, don't be alarmed.

NOTE: Please remember that this application has been almost exclusively tested in Google Chrome, so using that browser will definitely give you the best usage experience. As I said earlier, there will be a thread soon where you can report bugs, so please report any that may appear on Firefox (or whatever hipster browser you use [not internet explorer, FU if you use that]) in that thread.

Finally, a test thread will be made soon where you guys can go test this yourself. We'll be making that after likes have been added, so people aren't using it while development is continuing. Please keep this thread clean with useful posts as I'll be checking it a lot to answer questions and such.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This should be interesting to use! It'd make things less laggy that's for sure .

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
fucking sucks give us back our old live discussions

fucking smark can't you be positive when something cool comes around?

After the entire "speculation" thread with stuff like relationship statuses on it (I'd mark, but still) it's really great to see this. Less lag is always a good thing. But how well will this work if you're viewing this in half-sized Window mode?

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
fucking smark can't you be positive when something cool comes around?

After the entire "speculation" thread with stuff like relationship statuses on it (I'd mark, but still) it's really great to see this. Less lag is always a good thing. But how well will this work if you're viewing this in half-sized Window mode?
It resizes pretty well, but I doubt it'd go as far as being useful in a mobile. The auto-scroll should work when you're resizing too.

It hasn't been tweaked for relatively small resolutions though, but that's something I'll consider for the future.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
So its like a chat room in a thread during live events?

cool. D'Z approves

oh and @Everyone I'll be discussing the Rumble live as fuck tonight. Get hyped

Reactions: DK JAMES and Crayo

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
So we wont be able to post pics/GIF during the LD?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
So we wont be able to post pics/GIF during the LD?
Who would want/need to? Gifs just gum up the works, most of us have streams up so we don't need fucking gifs slowing shit down.

Reactions: Crayo

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Looks awesome. Really like this.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
L2R1POh.png

Likes have been added. You click the heart beside the post to like them. Darker shades of pink are posts you have already liked. For now, you won't be able to see WHO liked your post unless you exit out of Compact (by pressing X at the top left) and looking at the normal version, but that's really easy to do. Seeing who liked your post will be added in future versions.

Test thread where you guys can test it yourselves is coming soon.

Reactions: Shadie T

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Just in time for Frie to be in the Rumble LD tonight. Looks like a good setup.

Reactions: Crayo

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
PWMania.com: According to rumours on WWEForums Danielson was said to be set in stone for the Royal Rumble Live Discussion and now he has made a post confirming it.

Reactions: Crayo and DK JAMES