WWE Diva Blows out Knee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TK.GFX

Reaction score
According to several fans in attendance at tonight's SmackDown brand house show in Raleigh, North Carolina, reigning WWE Divas Champion Maryse suffered a traumatic injury during her match.

Maryse and Natalya were wrestling The Bella Twins in the third match on the show. As Maryse worked one of the twins over in the corner, she suddenly collapsed to the mat. She appeared to have blown out her knee as she was seen clutching it.

What followed was an awkward scene in which Natalya stood on the apron not knowing what to do while The Bella Twins went around the ring playing up to the crowd. Special guest referee Kung Fu Naki stood over Maryse talking to her. The road agent for the match threw up the "X signal" and a number EMTs, referees and road agents hit the ringside area. Meanwhile, Natalya entered the ring and made one of the twins submit to the sharpshooter to put an end to the match. Maryse was then carted off on a stretcher.

This is a horrible break for Maryse as she beat Michelle McCool just last week to become the new WWE Divas Champion. It goes without saying that she'll be forced to relinquish her newly won title and take several months off due to the injury as well.

I also read a house show report that had Layla getting "injured" too, meaning it's possible that the WWE is just running injury angles with the Diva's. We can only wait to know for sure though.

MikeRaw

Wow, that's not good news at all (for her). Especially cause she just won the belt, and you know how things are, that once you miss some time with injury, you may never get your spot back.

Reaction score
Apparently, Maryse was being carted off on the stretcher and cried out for someone to fetch her the belt. Nice way of remaining in character!

Airfixx

By no means sure, but maybe it's part of a work to help the McCool heel turn...?

Lets face it, Maria going over McCool to become champ would have been tragic and they had to elevate things between Maria & McCool in order for her to make a full blown heel turn.

*McCool get's given fuel for her full heel turn.
*Title now vacant.
*Maria vs McCool in some form of title chase finale.
*McCool regains title by dastardly means.

I'm hoping we see Victoria and/or Natalya turn face sooner rather than later cos the thought of Maria getting all that ring time as the main face is horrible!

Airfixx

^^^^ "I'll be pretty pissed if Michelle McCock won the title again"

That's a lock!

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I'm sure they can get away with her just doing promos for a while. I doubt anyone would notice/care. They could have a diva Royal Rumble on Smackdown! for #1 contender which ends in a draw, so they have a "best of series" between the two in the stalemate (Natalya and Gail Kim? lol) to draw the feud out while Maryse gets better.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
When I read "WWE Diva Blows" I wasn't expecting this.

xtremebadass

This sucks, once SD actually does something I like, something has to mess it up. Maryse was going to own, plus she was drop dead sexy. Michelle McCool blows, she is the worst Diva I have ever seen. She sucks. I prays she doesn't get it back.